Author Topic: Kids. Have them? Want them? Despise them?  (Read 10604 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Kids. Have them? Want them? Despise them?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 11:03 AM »
I hope those of you who know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you do NOT want children have yourselves spayed or neutered. Better safe than sorry, right folks?
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 11:13 AM »
I can't fathom having 15 kids...2 is hard enough already, 15???  

My buddy is going for the record I think, his wife had a baby in November, she's due again in September, quick work!

I think we are done at 2...haven't scheduled any snip snips yet but I don't see us having another (that is unless a year or so from now we get a couple of bottles of wine and see where the night progresses again)

When's your wife due John?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2004, 11:24 AM »
When's your wife due John?

September 14th, according to our last visit. Snips will follow shotly thereafter. We're good at three.  8)
Post sober.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2004, 12:11 PM »
btw- Virex, your sig. quote is hilarious. I think I recognize that quote from a certain movie addict in this thread. It made me laugh then, and still makes me laugh now.

Well, thanks.

Probably one of the most bizarre things I think I've read over the past couple of years.  
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: April 8, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Sounds like there's been some new babies around JD the last several months.  How's everyone adapting?

Still a big NO on 'em on our end.  ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 8, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Two dogs is more than I can handle.

Besides, the cost of a kid would mean no more SW collecting.  I've got my priorities here!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 8, 2005, 11:30 PM »
I want a son, for a very selfish reason. I am the last male with my last name on my family tree, who's in the market to have kids in the future. No pressure eh? I love kids, they are a ball. My sisters who I raised (druggie mother and stepfather) have grown to be little angels, and I'm working on turning my cousin Dale Jr. into a little Star Wars fan. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 9, 2005, 01:47 AM »
Sounds like there's been some new babies around JD the last several months.  How's everyone adapting?

Still a big NO on 'em on our end.  ;)

Is that "no" coming from you or the wife?

I want kids, BTW. 3 or 4 would be nice.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 9, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Well we find out the sex of our 2nd one in a few weeks and I dont know what is killing me more.  Waiting for this or E3 ;D 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Still no.

I can't stand the smell of diapers, clean or dirty.

Besides that, I'm simply far too selfish of a person to adequately raise a child, and if there's one thing the world doesn't need, it's more lousy parents.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ian_C

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Bothan Spy
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 03:45 AM »
I have one three-year old boy, and he's great.  Alot of work, but worth every minute of it.

To top it off, he not only loves SW, but can name virtually every major and many minor characters, and has a collection of about 100 figures.  Most of them are vintage, too - including several POTF.  He loves the vinty stuff more than modern, which makes me proud.  He wears a Vader helmet all the time, and the two of us have lightsaber fights all the time too.

I'm actually getting the urge for #2.

Ian

Moderator - www.thebothanspy.com
Former Admin - www.snowtroopers.ca

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 07:51 AM »
One (a boy) on the way.  Due at the end of July.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2005, 09:27 AM »
My tally of daughters just hit two with the birth of our second on March 3. Her big sister (only 16 months older) thinks she's the most fascinating thing since velcro.

This'll probably be it for me and the wife. Our lack of space for even two kids is alarming at best, and I don't see us getting a bigger place anytime soon. Plus, though my better half is only just 30, I'm getting pretty long in the tooth and am older now than either of my parents were when they had me; and only my Dad's still around. However, the itch to have another baby may come again without warning!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Well my son is 5 months old today.  He's great!  Glad I had one and won't mind having another one some day.  The only thing I wish would change is him waking up at night or in the early morning hours.  For the most part I am used to it now. 

Life has changed but we still hang out with friends and I still get to collect Star Wars.  Although not at the pace I once did.   You just get used to not doing what you want whenever you want to. 

Definately have to tend to the little guy first and foremost and then if there is time remaining I can do what I want to.  But it's been great so far.   To tell you truth I don't miss whatever it was that I was doing before he was born.

Yes, if you don't want to have a kid then don't have one.  They are a lot of work that is for sure.  I don't know how single parents do it.  My wife and I help each other quite a bit. 

Anyway, we adjusted just fine I believe.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Man, before I had my son, I was a total wreck.  Stressed out with work, my marriage was going nowhere, and I think I was "officially" depressed - you know, at the point of medication.

Then I find out we're pregnant and I became REALLY stressed out.  "How am I going to deal with this?"  "Will I find a decent daycare?"  "Can I afford this?"  The worries went on and on.

Boy, I tell you what, having him was the BEST thing I ever did.  I don't worry about work anymore - I leave it there.  I don't stress out over the little things cuz I only have one thing to worry about - a 35 lb turkey who loves tractors and Bacca (2 year old slang for Chewbacca)  ;D

And my marriage is a whole lot better!  We don't fight anymore (rarely, I should say) and we spend more time together because of him. 

I come home from work and he's there to give me a hug - sure makes the ****** day at work go away real quick.  Breaks my heart when he comes up to me and says "Watch Bacca?"  (means he wants to watch Star Wars). 

It's really cool to have a son who likes Star Wars and wants to play together with my toys!

Yeah, it's a lot of work, hell, he threw up on me Saturday night - pizza all over the place.  And yes, I cleaned it up and it didn't bother me at all.  What did bother me was the fact that my wife was out on the town that night while I was home with a sick kid... ;)

You know what though, I'd rather be home taking care of him than be anywhere else in the world - no doubt about it.