Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Republic Attack Shuttle

(1/38) > >>

speedermike:
Looks like this is confirmed  (on RS) as the next BMF type vehicle/playset.  Should be cool.  Toy Fair should show is more.

Nicklab:
It certainly seemed likely that if Hasbro was going to make a new large vehicle that it would be from the Clone Wars.  And this particular vehicle has been featured enough that it seemed like a likely candidate.

Greg:
I'm looking forward to this. I can't wait to see pics at Toy Fair. It definitely fits the bill as an "aggressive" (or at least aggressive looking) vehicle. It should also have some neat features, so I'm excited.

Captain Piet:
It's the right move. They can get repaints out of it too, which we should soon start to see for the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, great vehicles both. This should be a worthy successor.

McMetal:
Boo!  >:(

It's a flying taxi cab...how is that exciting? Ok, it's an armored flying taxi cab with guns. Still does nothing for me.

A shuttle is a means of conveyance for passengers. It's not a freaking assault vehicle. No matter how many bells and whistles they give this thing, it's a disappointing choice, IMO. The Bounty Hunter Assault ship could have been so much cooler.

I guess we can officially shovel dirt on the Twilight.

The funniest thing to me is how they refer to it in the press release as "the signature vehicle from the animated series" - I bet if you added up every second of screen time this thing has it would pale in comparison to any number of other vehicles. (Like the Republic Heavy Cruisers for example) I can't even recall a single episode where these were featured prominently.

That said, if this is their choice, I hope they do a good job with it, and I'll certainly buy it anyway. I just feel it lacks "zazz".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version