Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 80466 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #60 on: February 8, 2011, 10:22 PM »
That playset feature is kind of cool for kids I have to admit.  I don't think it looks particularly good but it doesn't have to be for them necessarily.  I doubt I buy this though.  If it is ever repainted to look like Sidious' vehicle from the end of ROTS and they include Anakin's medical capsule then I probably will.  It looks like it will be a fun toy for kids though. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 8, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I think it'd need a good bit of retooling to look like Sidious' shuttle at the end of ROTS actually. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 10:34 AM »
People have pointed out that the cockpit does hold two figures, the Hasbro people just had the pilot in wrong.

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2011/Hasbro_Star_Wars/image115.asp

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Stupid question, but I assume the wings do infact fold?  I've not seen them fold in any of the videos.  Also kinda wonder why they didn't incorporate that new dlx lil shuttle with big pappa.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Stupid question, but I assume the wings do infact fold?  I've not seen them fold in any of the videos.  Also kinda wonder why they didn't incorporate that new dlx lil shuttle with big pappa.

Look at the top left of the back of the box. It appears that the wings fold. I suppose they kept them down at TF to make it easier to demonstrate the features.

I was wondering the same thing about the mini-rig... seemed like a perfect companion piece, but I guess it's just the poor man's version.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: July 6, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I received this last night from a US eBay retailer, I figured it would be fun to share some in hand pics of this vehicle. I think a lot of collectors will have mixed feelings on this like me. Overall, I have to admit that I am underwhelmed by this mostly due to the scale and the nature of the ship. (I admit I was not excited from the get go so I will be upfront about my initial bias) I do not consider this a BMF vehicle/ It's pretty equivalent to the size of the CW Y-Wing and Arc fighter in shuttle mode but this has some lights, sound and more play features plus a pilot. If that old $70 SKU had L/S I think it would have really helped that assortment but I digress. From a play standpoint this vehicle has some more play set qualities to it than ship, I think a kid would have fun with this. that's who this is aimed at anyway in that regard Hasbro succeeded.

From a collector standpoint since this vehicle was not in any of the films so it loses some points in the resonation department. It has 2 red lights on the interior which are not very dramatic, I think they would have been better served to put them on the outside but as I mentioned I believe this is more meant to be played with more as a play set than ship. The landing gear does not retract and there is not a lot of room for figures in shuttle mode to transport (As I type this I feel the nerdiness coursing through my veins!). It's not a horrible vehicle by any means and is neat in some aspects. I think I would have liked and preferred to spend another $20 to get more ship, I think that would have made it more impressive. I give it a B-, it's still a cool looking shuttle and looks nice in a set up. Once you compare to all of the previous BMF style vehicles it should not be considered in that category. The AT-AT  is a tough act to follow, a Sailbarge could follow that however....

Here are some shots in my new hanger bay set up to get an idea of scale. Enjoy!

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 6, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Well, it does do one thing...makes the ARC-170 look more impressive.  :P

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #67 on: July 6, 2011, 05:06 PM »

It does and to think that version was only $29.99 in 2005.
2008 $45.
2009 $70.

You have to love hyperinflation.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 6, 2011, 06:30 PM »

LOL!  It absolutely achieves that.  I have to wonder how the shuttle will look next to a Republic Gunship?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 7, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Awesome pics JoT! I'm still kind of excited about this. I'm looking forward to it more than the Y-Wing back in 2009, but not nearly as much as the AT-TE or AT-AT. If you have extra time and don't mind playing with your shuttle, could you snap some pics of the playset mode?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 7, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on this thing, Jack, you make some good points.

I appreciate the photos as well, the scale of this thing was somewhat deceptive.

Has this hit any of the online sellers yet do we know?
« Last Edit: July 7, 2011, 02:29 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 7, 2011, 01:43 PM »
My snarky comment aside, how many troops will the Attack Shuttle hold in it's transport configuration?  It is kind of a cool vehicle and one that I was hoping might get this treatment from Hasbro.  However I always got the feeling that this ship was supposed to be a bigger, spaceworthy troop transport, whereas the Republic Gunship was more for atmospheric operations.  The photo is cool, but I can't help but notice that the vehicle most likely got scaled down in order to get it into that Deluxe Vehicle range.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 7, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics, nice to get a better idea of the ship itself.  It really does make the ARC 170 all the more impressive, and I'm happy I was able to pick that one up for $30 way back when ROTS was first released.  I just about sold that last year, but I'm glad I held onto it, still one of my favorite PT vehicles that was made.  Anyways, I think I'm likely passing on the Republic Attack Shuttle.  It looks neat enough, but I'm simply out of room at this point and I doubt any vehicle that isn't OT-related I'll have to pass on (unless it is simply too cool to pass up like the AT-TE).  It does look like a nice toy for kids, and I always like to see that.  Nice display pieces as well, even if the price/size ratio makes it look a little worse next to previous BMF vehicles.  I wonder what is next on the slate for the big vehicles, or if we'll continue to see them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: July 8, 2011, 09:46 PM »
I gotta say, that's pretty tiny and I'm glad I'm not buying.

I think Hasbro's concept is cool with it, and the audience they're targeting.  I'm simply not interested myself.  Not nearly enough oomph there.  I saw some ravings about it, but I just can't get into it.  It just isn't anywhere in the ballpark of the "Big" vehicles we got the past several years to me.

Cool beans to the folks interested in it though, and glad it got made for them.  I'm putting it in the "Sith Infiltrator" class of kind of letting me down is all.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 9, 2011, 06:50 PM »
It looks cool, but it seems like a wait until the tru 50 percent off sale that they have offered with every other clone wars large vehicle before I buy it. It may end up under the Christmas tree. Now, the Twilight on the other hand would have me lined up and waiting for the store to open.