Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 80457 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Very cool. I'd consider buying it if it was in the movies.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 08:58 PM »
The AT-AT seemed to do alright, but I still see them around.

Outside of the vinty TRU version - I have not seen the AT-AT at Target or WM since Christmas.  It sold extremely well in my neck of the woods as far as I can tell.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 01:43 AM »
I don't think this is supposed to be in the $100 price range, more like the cancelled deluxe series range. But the way prices go up, who knows?

I largely agree. Clone Wars Y-wings were--what?--sixty? As much as I wanted to get one, not when forty more dollars gets me a BMF range vehicle. Between the Jedi Starfighter range vehicles and the BMF range vehicles, prices have been a little high I think.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 10:05 AM »
I think it looks pretty neat as well, although it doesn't look to be a $100 vehicle.  Maybe we'll see it come in more at the "deluxe vehicle" price of $60-70, I could see that.  I don't know if I'll get it or not.  It does look pretty cool so far, but I really don't have a lot of display room at this point so I'm trying to be more selective with large stuff like vehicles, and leaning more towards OT offerings.  We'll see though, I do really like the design of it and all.  It doesn't seem as "exciting" as stuff like the Falcon, AT-TE, AT-AT, or even Turbo Tank.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56 AM »
I like this ship, but I don't know that it's going to be the huge hit that Hasbro is probably banking on.  They seem to say that a Sail Barge isn't iconic enough to make... but THIS thing is?  Yeah it's probably going to be at a lower price point making it somewhat less of a risk, but everyone who is familiar with Star Wars remembers the Sail Barge scene.  But this ship?  I had never even heard of it until the rumors started that it was being made... granted I don't watch the show, but I think quite a few more people in this hobby know what a Sail Barge is.

Anyways, it looks good, but I'm not blown away by it.  I'm sure I'll get one as it looks like a great display piece though as that's the focus of my collection - things that look cool in dioramas.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 12:11 PM »
The word "iconic" gets thrown around in these discussions about large vehicles, and I see that as some way of trying to tie in the adult collector base.  But really, a vehicle like the Republic Attack Shuttle is getting done because of entertainment support.  Between the show and the ship's association with Clones it's almost certain to be a hit with kids.  And while that audience may not be represented on forums like this one, it's those kids and their parents that are going to buy the lion's share of the Republic Attack Shuttles.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24 PM »
Chewie...you don't watch the show?  Even if you hated the prequel films, you're missing out on some great SW.  The show, at it's best, is exciteing, funny, well-designed, fast paced and smart.  At it's worst, it's a little talky.

Do yourself a favor and rent the second season DVD set and watch the Geonosis arc.  Great, Star Warsy fun.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Confirmed!
As seen at ToyFair UK

Courtesy of www.imperialholocron.com
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:40 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 01:38 PM »
The word "iconic" gets thrown around in these discussions about large vehicles, and I see that as some way of trying to tie in the adult collector base.  But really, a vehicle like the Republic Attack Shuttle is getting done because of entertainment support.  Between the show and the ship's association with Clones it's almost certain to be a hit with kids.  And while that audience may not be represented on forums like this one, it's those kids and their parents that are going to buy the lion's share of the Republic Attack Shuttles.

The same thing could be said about the Y-Wing... I don't recall that being much of a hit.   ;)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 01:41 PM »
well now that this has been confirmed, I know I'll be getting one. It just depends on when. If it sells for $60, then immediately. More than that and I'll take my chances on a half price sale in a few months.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Confirmed!
As seen at ToyFair UK

Confirmed has seen yesterday in this very thread!  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44 PM »
Chewie...you don't watch the show?  Even if you hated the prequel films, you're missing out on some great SW.  The show, at it's best, is exciteing, funny, well-designed, fast paced and smart.  At it's worst, it's a little talky.

Do yourself a favor and rent the second season DVD set and watch the Geonosis arc.  Great, Star Warsy fun.

Actually, I did watch most of Season One and a couple episodes in Season Two - I didn't think it was bad, but for whatever reason I just can't get into it.  I think it's partly the animated style; with the bodies all thin and all that.  Some episodes I've really enjoyed, but really - I just don't watch a whole of TV at all these days, and as a matter of fact I haven't even watched one of the Star Wars movies in a few years now.  At some point I'll probably go ahead and just buy all the seasons, but just don't feel any sense of urgency.  It might have something to do with the life change of being a dad, as I kind of lost interest in watching TV when he was born; I don't know.  Love buying the realistic style figures still though as much as ever.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 02:28 PM »
I hear ya.  I don't watch much TV either.  I  never watched alot, but when the kids came along I began watching less.  I do see some stuff with them, like Scooby-Doo or Spongebob, but CW and one or two ther shows are the only things I "must see."

In fact, I think my wife and I are the last people in the U.S. with a tube TV. I just can't see spending 500-1000 for a HD tv when the one I have works fine.  I also don't want to make TV any more appealing to my kids than it is already.

And, yes, I still dig the realistic figures as well, but I do really like the look of TCW.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Actually, I should take that back a bit - I do watch the shows that my son is into... mostly GI JOE.  I've seen the old 80s cartoons so much in the past month due to the Hub network, it's insane.  I just don't really watch TV for myself... and when I do, it's usually a documentary on the History channel.  I don't have an HD TV for TV watching either - and don't need one.  Have one hooked up to my XBOX 360 in my Star Wars room, but rarely play it - perhaps once every month or two.  But it's rare.

Back to this ship - I wonder what the interior is going to look like... I'm very interested in that.  Also, I think they should have given it a bit of weathering.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Confirmed!
As seen at ToyFair UK

Confirmed has seen yesterday in this very thread!  ;)

:P

I didn't see it yesterday.