Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 80747 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I'm not even sure I see $40.

Come on now - a ship the size of the Republic Gunship with lights and sounds and a pack-in pilot?  There's $40 worth there.  $80?  No.  But $40?  Yes.

All that said, I will admit that I'm in the "wait for a deal" group with this one.   I'm hoping CostCo will come through with a nice value pack or deal; otherwise I can wait for the TRU 50% off deals next spring. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 02:16 AM »
Yeah that was an exagerration on my part some because I just find it very underwhelming compared to the past 3 years of $20 more in price and what just seems like 100% more in toy to me.  I haven't paid full price since the atte though because I'm just ship picky. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2011, 08:38 AM »
  I'm hoping CostCo will come through with a nice value pack or deal; otherwise I can wait for the TRU 50% off deals next spring. ;)

Dunno, they still have several metric tons of Slave I UBP's to sell through, and they seem in no rush to clearance those. Maybe they handle exclusives differently though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Maybe they handle exclusives differently though.

They definitely handle their exclusive differently.  If you look back through the sales history, TRU is pretty good about having crazy deals on the general release big stuff...  ShadowARC/Y-Wing = 50% off, 50% off the Falcon, 50% off the AT-TE, etc.

Not a guarantee that this will hit those sales numbers, but the precedent is there.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 02:03 AM »
Well - I just opened up the one I picked up the other day and while I do think it should have been bigger, as a toy it's in the same league as the Turbo Tank - lots of places to play with the figures, cool sounds, etc...

Not worth $80 though, but still cool to have this vehicle made.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 4, 2011, 11:22 PM »
So, I saw this yesterday.  The box is plenty big.  But that front opening flap may play havoc for some MIMB collectors.  I didn't feel any sense of urgency to pick this up when I first saw it, and I'm not in a terrible rush.  I'll get around to it soon enough.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 5, 2011, 01:43 PM »
There are several of these out at our local Target as well.  For some reason, I just don't see this one flying off the shelves.  It does look like a neat toy for kids, and if it hit some crazy sales and/or clearance, I may be tempted - but I think I'm staying away from this one as well.  Due to space, my prequel vehicle purchases are pretty minimal right now anyways - and I just don't have a lot of attachment to this one anyways.  It would be tough to pass on a great deal, but with all the sales and/or clearances the previous "BMF" vehicles have seen - I can't see how this one won't see it as well.  It has to be the weakest entry in this big vehicle arena so far (as far as being popular and/or recognizable), so I'm not sure how it will do.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 5, 2011, 06:13 PM »
I think my 6 year old summed it up best when he saw this yesterday. "that's cool, but we're not going to be able to buy it right now Dad."

If that does not say wait for the clearance, I don't know what does.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 5, 2011, 11:31 PM »
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS20424&mode=retail

$66 at BBTS

Getting better, but still too rich for me. 

Scott - if someone clicks this link does JD still get credit for the sale or should we stop by the main page first if we're going to buy? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 6, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Makes you wonder when retail is going to mark this thing down (if that will happen)  DOTM Butterfly Prime started at $79.99 at Target, but got cut to $64.99 after a month or two.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 6, 2011, 04:57 PM »
I've yet to see a single one of these sold, they are not moving at all around here. I've waited this long I don't see any point in breaking down and paying full price when I know this thing is going to have to come down sooner or later. Otherwise these are going to be tying up a lot of precious toy real estate come holiday season.

I'm feeling $50 a lot more than $80.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Too bad they did away with their $4.99 flat rate shipping from back in the day or I'd of pulled the trigger (well maybe)  Their POL is a nice feature, but I usually end up buying too much crap I don't need when I use that.  Guess I'll just keep waiting for Target to get ansy with their clearance guns during the next month or two.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 11:27 AM »
I think shipping was like $7