Author Topic: Ugnaught  (Read 14945 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Ugnaught
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Looks like during vintage era, Kenner refused to sculpt or paint boots (example Bespin Han with boots the same colors as his pants, anh Luke same case; others who wore shoes didnīt have them painted: Bespin Lando, Lobot, Tusken, jawa, etc.

Ugnaught didnīt spot boots in the eighties, but his unique pig feet under special pig shoes.

Later vintage potf produced more characters with black boots; like Carbon Freeze chamber Han Solo and Endor Leia in battle poncho, but Kenner omitted to piant the yellow stripes on both sides of the pants.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:16 PM by EpicGon »

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Looks like during vintage era, Kenner refused to sculpt or paint boots (example Bespin Han with boots the same colors as his pants, anh Luke same case; others who wore shoes didnīt have them painted: Bespin Lando, Lobot, Tusken, jawa, etc.

A common paint scheme but not exclusively.  Luke X-Wing, AT-AT Commander, Star Destroyer Commander, Greedo, Walrus Man, Bossk, Cloud Car Pilot etc.  all have different coloured boots.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Was this the first appearance of soft goods that were not vinyl?

When did the cloth-caped Jawas hit?

I will take that as a 'no'

Sorry the shear creepiness of these guys had me typing my reply from under my desk.

I was always a little weirded out by them too, thought part of it could've been from my uncle owning a pig farm too.  Growing up that way, then seeing little pig guys running around doing sort of devious stuff...  It could scar a kid I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77