Author Topic: Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)  (Read 15405 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
« on: January 22, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Just noticing how terrible the paint job on my vintage Leia is :o

I never had this figure as a kid...probably my least favorite Leia costume as well...

The OTC version is very nice and I really hope they don't waste a slot on a new one in the near future, I'd much rather have a new ANH Leia over an update to this one.  I could see them kitbashing the latest Hoth version to give us a Bespin Escape version

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Yours looks like she has Benny Hill's Look #7!  :D

I think I actually used this Leia the most as a kid except when she went on secret missions as a bounty hunter.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:01 PM »
I actually liked this Leia figure when I was a kid.  I really am not sure why though.  It is dull.  I don't want to see them revisit this anytime soon.  I'm fine if they never put her on a vintage cardback.  However, with that being said.  I probably would buy her again if she were on the vinty cardback since I'm a sucker for those.  However, there are a lot of other figures I would rather see done on vintage cards.  Even ones that were never on one like the Rebel Fleet Trooper, Cantina Band Member, Tarkin, etc.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00 PM »
The scale and teh hair dress have got updated in these versions
otc Leia face was more accurate, only the figure lacks articulation, movement
The cape became the most sophisticated for this version.

Perhaps in tvc, Leia would need removable acesories like her cape, belt
and a rubber or softgoods skirt to let her legs move and sit the action figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:34 PM »
This is actually a moment where I think another figure is superior to some degree...  I'm talking about the Leia Collection Leia, who sports softgoods and at least a little articulation. 

I think my Bespin Leia figure as a kid wound up becoming the victim of Cobra often, and usually wound up as a hostage or something.  It's a routine theme with me where a vintage figure wound up as a helpless loser in the Star Wars world.

But even for Star Wars, Bespin Leia was sort of dull...  Definitely not my favorite figure by any means.  She was just sort of there.  Still, props for making her moderately posable compared to the latest modern figure of her.

Personally, I'd like seeing her redone totally...  She's ok, as statues go, but I'd like to see what could be done with her now with how Hasbro does softgoods.  Look at the AOTC Wave Padme?  Tell me you don't think they could do a pretty cool job with a new Bespin Leia.

That said, I agree that I'd rather see some other Leia's get new figures first.  ANH and Bespin Escape both come to mind, maybe even a tweak or two to Boussh Leia...  But I wouldn't turn my nose to a new Bespin Leia.  In some regards, I really think that the Leia collection Leia is superior, due to the softgoods, but overall I have the last one as my displayed figure too. 

It's a boring outfit, but I'd still like to see it updated to "modern standards" as it were. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:35 PM »
My brother and I never ripped the original's cape, so we must not have played with Bespin Gown Leia too much. She did have paint rubs, though.

Why did Kenner make the outfit with the least screen time first? (Aside from Medical frigate Leia, which they never made anyway) Why does Ms. Fisher look so ticked off on that card photo?  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:47 PM »
I didn't choose the Leia Collection one because she looks like a dog and the soft good really aren't that accurate...

Good points on the Padme comparison though Jesse, it would be neat to see what they could do here and with the ANH Leias (Regular and Ceremonial)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Why does Ms. Fisher look so ticked off on that card photo?  :P

Her dealer was probably dry that day.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Have to laugh at the cross eye/lazy eye thing going on with the Vintage figure in the pic.  ;D
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14 AM »
Man, that pic is making me feel bad about bringing up Leia Collection Leia.  I really thought mine looked better than that. :(  The softgoods are inaccurate though, but still I'd like seeing her updated just to see her poseable to some degree.  That last one felt like a real rip-off upon purchase.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 11:57 AM »
The vintage figure was one of my favorites as a kid for some reason.  I always had her and Bespin Han out.  It looks terrible now, especially for a vintage figure.  I really like the OTC version, though I imagine they could do better by it now.