Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118526 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Saw my first wave 7 figure at WM tonight.  Never heard of the wave showing at WM at all, so I was shocked.

Saw lots of Wave 7 remnants at Target all over this weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Saw my first wave 7 figure at WM tonight.  Never heard of the wave showing at WM at all, so I was shocked.

Saw lots of Wave 7 remnants at Target all over this weekend.

Location, por favor?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: August 1, 2011, 12:14 AM »
Pittsburgh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 1, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Thanks for the info, JJ- this is the first report of wave 7 at WM, I think!   I think the distribution panic could subside once other stores catch up to Target's releases.  Reminds me of the very first vintage wave- remember the TRU fiasco?  ;)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: August 1, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Yeah I didn't think this was widespread so far.  Only two figures, Fordo and Offee, but it was a sighting at least. :)

WM has consistantly gotten cases in though, locally.  A wave here, a wave there...  It was a deluge for a while, but it's slowed to a trickle (for me anyway).  This store had just gotten some six in a couple weeks ago, sold through them all but the ROTS Clone and Endor Rebel, and then I was in this weekend for groceries and they'd had something on pegs, and the Fordo rang up in the checkout which was nice too. :P  With a new wave, that's not always the case, haha.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 2, 2011, 03:16 PM »
After watching the databank of Barris on galactichunter, I discovered the good job on the rubber cape and hood. It was a concept almost forgiven on Hasbro figures, since the soft good evolved in high quality cloacks.
Dooku was the last guy with plastic or rubber cape, I wonder if this method could pass to new classic Vader and Obi Wan figures, as a variant, or as possibilities for battle packs.

The neck is too long on Barris, when taking a peek one can thing in ballerina proportions, but is far too long. And the head is slightly looking backwards, like the head position of the white bald tvc rebel commando.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 2, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Spotted a lone RFT at a Target today. They put out pretty much all the new stuff yet shelves and pegs are bare so hopefully they aren't through resetting
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: August 4, 2011, 01:13 PM »
So I was wrangling up some unopened figures last night and I noticed something on a Fleet Trooper I just bought at Target recently...

His helmet seemed a little dingey.

So I decided to compare him to my carded figure I'm keeping from my EE case back when the wave first shipped, and sure enough there's a pretty distinct difference.  I snapped a picture with my iPhone for a story on the front page, but it only shows a slight difference...  Let me assure you though, it's pretty distinctly different in person, and people will be annoyed I think if they compare.

I'm opening the yellowed one anyway and have like a billion extra RFT helmets around as it is.  Also, mine may be an isolated thing, but it's definitely yellow and still on the card.  I was quite surprised since Hasbro said they'd remedied the yellowing issue and we shouldn't see that anymore.  :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 4, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Yep, I've seen yellowing too.   I'ts pretty damn aggravating and happening on the clone in the AOTC Blu Ray set as well.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 4, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Me three... I bought one that had a green helmet. Luckily the eraser trick worked to fix the issue, but because of the design of the helmet it was hard to remove the green from the cracks and such. I've since passed on three more RFTs due to the same issue... not to sound pretentious, but if I'm paying nine bucks for a figure it better be perfect. I'm hoping the helmets will be white again when the RFT re-ships with wave 8, because I would like a few more.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 4, 2011, 03:34 PM »
great
now they are gonna over ship them and clog up the distro
oh well, at least ill be able to find a couple for a squad now

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 4, 2011, 03:51 PM »
I don't think putting this figure in Wave 8 is going to clog pegs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: August 4, 2011, 06:36 PM »
I'll say, it's not cheap plastic if it erases off.  It's something in the mold that's leaving that film...  I'd guess it's a release agent.  Akin to pam in a cupcake mold, but for plastics.  It's a common thing, but the discoloring nature of it is not.  It can happen in batches though like this, so I'd guess it's a de-molding material. 

If Hasbro was using a cheaper plastic their figures would melt, haha.  They're kind of at the end of their "cheap plastic" rope.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 4, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Snagged a second RFT today and the helmet was whiter than Michael Jackson... I'll keep an eye on it though
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: August 4, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Yeah my EE case RFT is as white a dental whitening commercial's set of "fixed" teeth.  The one I got the other day was not.  Like I said, it's batchey, or so it seems, where one may be and one may not be.

Since I'm opening him anyway, not too irked.  My EE case one is pristine and unpunched, so he's my carded sample as a shrine to what I wanted to finally see done in the modern line after 18 or 19 years or whatever.  THat'll do then.

The yellowing one I'll just take an eraser to, ala the www.HansHideout.com Technique, and voila...  Or maybe he'll get an Honor Guard's helmet instead?  Hmmm.