Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70781 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)
« on: January 28, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Rumored to be:

Kithaba
Dr Evazan
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Clone Trooper
Ponda Baba

Ponda Baba was and then wasn't on some of the rumor lists...same goes for Sandstorm Leia...I'm including Ponda for now but this one might still change
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:56 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Really?  This seems like an odd lineup, and not necessarily a likely one.  There are NO core characters in this lineup as it stands now.  The only character that comes close to Hasbro's "A character" status is the 501st Clone.  Pretty much all of these characters have been confirmed by Hasbro in the Q&A's or official imagery.  But I think we can expect at least one or more core characters to be added to this initial lineup.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:11 PM »
If this shakes out to be true I would grab all but the clone.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:54 PM »
I am sorry but Nom Amore' is so stupid. He looks like a leftover alien design from "They Live". I cannot believe they are wasting a precious slot by releasing a bottom of the barrel EU character like him.

I really hope Ponda and the good Dr. are in one Wave. They go hand and hand and both really need the update!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 02:06 PM »
I am so happy they are releasing such a cool character like Nom Anor. Thank you Hasbro
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Not a bad wave, although I do see the point of no "anchor/main" character included.  Perhaps we'll see some shifting around, or even a repack/recarded figure of some sort.  Definitely most excited for Evazan and Baba, although the rest of the lineup is cool as well.  I could really care less about Nom Anor as well, but happy for those who are looking forward to him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Who is Nom Anor ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:56 PM »
Who is Nom Anor ???

An excellent EU character. If you hate EU then you won't care, but I don't hate EU and loved his character.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 03:05 PM »
I don't think Anor will be the full-on, kooky-looking Vong Warrior type.  If I remember from that prototype ToyFare had (Anor was originally slated for a Fall 2010 comic pack before the line was scrubbed), he wasn't much more than "creepy alien in hood" - ah, here we go:

I know a good chunk of fans here hate EU figures like this, but I think his inclusion is simply Hasbro trying to finish off the top 25 from the 2005/6 ToyFare Fan Choice Poll.

Once they get Bastilla Shan and Nom Anor out this year, there will only be TWO figures yet-to-be-made from that original Toy Fare top-25 (and let's be honest, one of those will probably never get made): 13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) (3%) and 24. Anakin Solo (.8%)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 03:34 PM »
I love EU figures when done right, and Nom Anor is a great character. 

He was the one part of the NJO novels that I really enjoyed.  He wasn't your typical Vong at all... and they're not a species I care for, but I love this character.  He is entirely different from the rest of his species and was always concerned about his own motives. 

The picture above of him seems a lot better than some of the other Vong renditions we've seen... that's what I hope to see.  But instead, I'm afraid we're getting something more like this:

Still though, I'm curious by the idea of him being made... this whole wave sounds good to me, except for the clone because I'm sure they're going to use the "new" mold, which I feel is a giant step back.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Yeah, I loved that he was "playing both sides" but really just in it for himself. I did like the Vong (I don't watch Star Trek since apparently they were stolen from that which I'm told every time I say I like the Vong) and Nom was my favorite Vong.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Yeah, I loved that he was "playing both sides" but really just in it for himself. I did like the Vong (I don't watch Star Trek since apparently they were stolen from that which I'm told every time I say I like the Vong) and Nom was my favorite Vong.

Did Vong smoke a bong while singing songs?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:50 PM »
I do like a lot of EU, and I still think Nom Amore' is retarded.  :)  Then again I didn't like about 50% of the NJO stuff.  Can't really say I care if we get a figure of him or not though.  I bought and displayed the Vong that came with Katarn, and I'll get "That's Amore" too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I love most EU, so I am not an EU hater at all. Nom on the other hand...he looks even dumber in the Senate Pod. At least if he is in the armor outfit he may be good for customs. I will get him as I buy by the case but I refuse to have an extra to go on my carded wall.

I am glad to see my 97% of the time agreement rate still holds with JJ! ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:36 PM »
I'm afraid we're getting something more like this:

At least if he is in the armor outfit he may be good for customs.

Since the Hasbro prototype (shown in my post above) was built off that hooded, armored look from Crimson Empire II (the comic series on which the cancelled comic pack was going to be based), I'd say yeah there's a good chance that's what we're getting. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender