Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70917 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 07:48 PM »
dang, just saw that Fedex is saying this case wont get to me in Indiana until 4/21! 

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2012, 02:56 PM »
got my shipping confirmation.  it looks like they charged me the full amount.  I will give them a call in the morning to get the adjustment ($15)

update:  just remembered they are out over on the West coast and were still open.  I gave them a call and are issuing me the refund.  Excellent customer as always from EE.

Also, this is now officially my very first case of SW figures I have ever ordered   ;D   and my coincidentally first Evazan to have in my collection    8)

I checked my order and, what do you know, same thing. I've sent EE an email. Shouldn't have to be that way. That we placed orders with a code and confirmed it upon checkout only to be charged a different amount is tantamount to fraud. Excellent customer service is not constituted by honoring the price I AGREED to pay. That's an expectation. Sorry, but EE again proves sneaky here.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Got my 4.1 case today!  All of the figures have flawless paint apps from what I can tell so far - I will open them later.  the only flaw I saw was in Darth Maul's pupils paint apps - they are off but I do not plan on keeping him anyway.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Of the 3 cases in stock at EE right now, I am only considering ordering one of them, wave 4:

1x Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)
1x VC58 Aayla Secura
1x VC59 Nom Anor
1x VC56 Kithaba (Barada)
1x VC57 Dr. Cornelius Evazan
1x VC51 Barriss Offee
1x VC50 Han Solo (Bespin Gear)
1x VC53 Bom Vimdin
1x VC54 ARC Trooper Commander (Fordo)
1x VC55 Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
1x VC52 Rebel Fleet Trooper
1x VC21 Gamorrean Guard

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes thinking about it, too.  Still on the fence.  I really only need  Kithaba, Evazan, Nom Anor and Aayla.  Wouldn't mind a Gammie or RFT even though I already have a dozen of each.  Still that's only half the case I need or wouldn't mind. 

The wave 3 and wave 4.1 aren't even close.  I really only care about the Naval Trooper.

That's the case that I ordered, and it's by far my favorite of the three.  It arrived yesterday.  All I've had a chance to open to this point are Kithaba and Dr. Evazan - both figures are pretty damn amazing.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not the Bespin Han wave figures have changed? Specifically are their cardbacks the same as they originally were or did they update them to match the 2012 cardback style?

What about Wedge?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 07:21 PM »
What about Wedge?

As of Toy Fair, the cardback is staying the same... I believe that is the same with the others (Han, etc.). Of course, Hasbro loves variants so we might be surprised.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2012, 10:12 PM »
All of the old cardbacks look the same to me...but they have the Maul sticker

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07 PM »
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not the Bespin Han wave figures have changed? Specifically are their cardbacks the same as they originally were or did they update them to match the 2012 cardback style?

What about Wedge?

All the reshipping figures have new item/assortment numbers at the top of the card front at the very least.  Don't have those to confirm the cardbacks...

On Wedge specifically, yeah there are some major differences for carded collectors to take note...

For the card front, all I can see is the item/asst change:
OLD = 21489/97568 Asst.
NEW = 98692/ 37499 Asst.

On the card back, they kept the old cardback style but changed the figures shown:
OLD = 2010 Wave 3 figures - Wicket, Yoda, Luke, R2, Ackbar
NEW = 2012 Wave 4 figures - Kithaba, Evazan, Aayla, Anor, 501st  plus a new UPC with the new item number on it.

So yeah - NOT the same.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:11 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24 PM »
Sorry, I should have been specific.

I was mostly referring to the back of the cards - so it sounds like from Jeff's confirmation of the Wedge - the STYLE of the card's back is the same, but the figures shown have changed. That kinda stinks - so I guess I WILL be keeping the slightly dinged Wedge I got from EE a while back just for that variation.

But I have to wonder if the back of the Bespin Han Solo wave will have new figures or since they are coming out all together in a wave, perhaps they will be mostly un-touched except for assortment numbers.... I really DON'T want to have to pick up those six figures again...

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:26 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31 AM »
I just want to add a Bespin Han to my carded collection. Not too worked up about what's on the card.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09 AM »
What is with the brown bandana on Kithaba??

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2012, 07:30 AM »
What is with the brown bandana on Kithaba??

yup mine is brown too.  It should be dark red.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I can't wait until September when I finally find one or two figures from this wave.  It's gonna be awesome.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2012, 12:39 PM »
I can't wait until September when I finally find one or two figures from this wave.  It's gonna be awesome.

I can't wait until November when I finally find the repacks of Barriss and Bespin Han from this case over a year after they were first released.  Oh wait, I won't find them in November either.  Never mind.

Seriously, I'm about to throw my hands up and quit completely.  It's all well and good that online retailers are getting new cases, but actual retail stores have not gotten them (or much of anything in the last year); I guess Hasbro's claims that brick-and-mortar retail was their bread and butter were overstated somewhat, unless it's moldy bread with fetid apple butter.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2012, 01:40 PM »

I can't wait until November when I finally find the repacks of Barriss and Bespin Han from this case over a year after they were first released.  Oh wait, I won't find them in November either. 

No, you will.  November 2013.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda