Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70919 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #180 on: May 6, 2012, 09:42 AM »
I found this wave at Wal Mart (Minnesota),

I have a K-mart on the way to WalMart. They get one case every 6 months.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20 AM »
Opened a set and wanted to post a few quick thoughts.

Vader- Nothing new here in terms of articulation, which is solid, but it's really nice having this ANH variant.

Hoth Luke - a real disappointment, the sculpting is just a mess. Even accounting for shoulder mobility, I just don't see why those shoulders have to look like they do. In addition, it could just be mine, but the collar comes off and is a real pain in the butt to manage. It just won't stay on and won't sit right when it does.

Anakin - a real pleasant surprise. Despite the fact that I bought it kicking and screaming, it's arguably the sharpest figure in the bunch. The hips are only swivel, and there is some limitation in the shoulder movement due to the armor, but his wrists are multi-jointed and allow him to do that bad- ass lightsaber pointing pose.

Imperial Navy Commander - very sharp with the exception of the glaringly inaccurate Republic emblem on his shoulder. If I get any more, this is coming right off. Night and day compared with the bulkier previous release. The difference between the two is so great that I'm not sure if I can display the two in the same set ups, that's the only other draw-back if you can even call it a draw back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Those shoulder joints actually have more movement in them than people realize...  The armor bit can actually sink into the socket some.  It's really slick but it's a tight fit so it's nto something that just happens without a little futzing.

It's definitely engineered that way though so it's intended to work.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:10 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Overall I like the Hoth Luke a lot for whatever reason I do not have an issues with the shoulders. I agree on the collar, it's an easy fix. I glued it down on mine and have had no issues. My biggest dissappointment with the figure is the head scarf/googles and small neck socket that does not allow any natural fit with other luke heads. I wanted to have a hatless version like in the promo pics.

The INC is a really great figure and a travesty at the same time that he is only one per case and not slated to reship yet. I want many more....

I agree with DA that the CW Anakin was the best figure of the wave. They really delivered a figure that should have been realistic from the get go. Better late than never.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: June 2, 2012, 10:47 PM »
I'm starting to think that I may have missed this wave. Stores around here haven't gotten in any new cases since about February or March.
"This is the way."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 3, 2012, 02:53 PM »
I'm starting to think that I may have missed this wave. Stores around here haven't gotten in any new cases since about February or March.

same - still need the Navy Commander and Malgus

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Snowtroopers seems to think this is Wave 15...they have said that twice in to days

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2012_Vintage_Collection_Wave_Four_Offerless_Cards_146259.asp

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I broke down and ordered this wave (the case with Wedge) from Hasbro Toy Shop last weekend and it arrived today. Got pink scarred Evazan and brown bandana Kithaba. That was the Evazan I wanted but now I have to track down a red Kithaba.

Only three figures in this case I already have, BR Luke, Maul and Qui-Gon, which I'll try to trade away.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2012, 03:18 AM »
I used Amazon to buy this wave; Ep.I pegwarmers are still pegwarming at my local retailers. :'( Amazon has not let me down, though; I was able to score Malgus when he was $12.99. I will say, though, that the thrill of the unexpected finds when you actually go into the stores isn't there.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2012, 12:15 PM »
I used Amazon to buy this wave; Ep.I pegwarmers are still pegwarming at my local retailers. :'( Amazon has not let me down, though; I was able to score Malgus when he was $12.99. I will say, though, that the thrill of the unexpected finds when you actually go into the stores isn't there.

I just got Malgus from Amazon for that price too.  I've ordered everything since the Blu-ray wave from Amazon, generally for $12 to $13 each.  It's an obscene price, but only a dollar or two more than in store would cost when you factor tax in.  And to not have to drive around looking for crap or beg for favors, it's worth the few extra bucks per wave to me.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)
« Reply #190 on: December 6, 2014, 09:00 AM »
I have got Ponda Baba here, also Dr. Evazan and Aayla Secura.  These are awesome figures.