Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70781 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05 AM »

Passing on this dude, although he looks fairly well done
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:08 AM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 12:06 AM »

Wasn't too hip on a new Aayla...but I'll probably pick one up

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 12:19 AM »

Evazan is another long time want...glad to see him and the absolutely nailed this one

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 02:44 AM »
I noticed between the promo photo, and the floor room photo, that Evazan's holster has moved too.  I'm thinking just off-hand that the right side is correct.  I'm wondering if the thigh-strap is a thigh-strap or just something from the costume's details or what.  Full-length Evazan production shots exist and might clear the mystery up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 09:21 AM »
Although I'm not excited about every figure in this wave, I very excited about all the OT ones and can't wait. They're look excellent.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Why did Nom Anor look nothing like the version they showed in the slide show? The thing I saw on display looked like some cheesy Skeletor knock-off.

Either way he looks like this to me. I am sorry but this is the dumbest and most non Star Wars looking figure ever. Since I buy by the case I will have no choice but to get him but I will not allow this near my collection.

I love the rest of the wave especially Aayla, the head sculpt is spot on!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I agree...I want to like the EU, but corny designs like this just don't connect with me.

If I don't buy him, it would be the first totally newly sculpted figure on a single card that I pass on in 16 years!

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 12:51 AM »
I agree...I want to like the EU, but corny designs like this just don't connect with me.

If I don't buy him, it would be the first totally newly sculpted figure on a single card that I pass on in 16 years!

I've still proudly never bought AOTC Jar Jar...  I'm really happy about that.  I had always intended to, to have a complete loose collection.  Every POS was game at that time.  As the line's aged, my opinion on that has too.  Being so die-hard that I'd buy anything regardless of how big a failure it is faded with me in the last 6 years.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I agree.  But I've bought them all. I have a few regrets, mostly during the AOTC era as well.  That waitress droid was awful.  But for 5 or 6 bucks, buying one here and there that I didn't really like didn't kill me, because I too have a complete loose set.  (Oddly, except for the AOTC Legacy wave that I never saw...)

But vinatge is 10.99 at Target where I live, and I don't get to Wal-Mart much, so saving that money is a big deal.  I mean, for every two Vintage I pass up, that's a nice little Lego set.

BTW, I don't hate EU.  I really liked the TRU exclusive wave.  While I didn't know much about the characters, they at least FELT like SW.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 05:17 PM »
BTW, I don't hate EU.  I really liked the TRU exclusive wave.  While I didn't know much about the characters, they at least FELT like SW.

They really do feel like SWs and they were great figures.

After these few posts we should start a thread for everyone's top 10 most hated figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Ironically the waitress probably isn't a regret of mine...  She's a statue more or less, but she's at least accurate.  I'd put just about anything I bought at full price from the first few waves as a "regret".  Fortunately for me I didn't buy much for full price back then.  The line was so far in the ******* compared to what I actually enjoyed.  POTJ had been pretty great then 2002 just turned into a punch in the gut.

A most hated figures list would be funny.  I know my #1 and #2 right away.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 12:21 AM »
I noticed between the promo photo, and the floor room photo, that Evazan's holster has moved too.  I'm thinking just off-hand that the right side is correct.  I'm wondering if the thigh-strap is a thigh-strap or just something from the costume's details or what.  Full-length Evazan production shots exist and might clear the mystery up.

It's not just the belt - the whole waist part is on backwards in the press photo.  Look at it again - the press pic has his shirt "closed" below the belt (backwards), but the guy in the showroom has an "open" shirt under the belt (correct). ;)

VS

So, on the right side is correct, as shown in the Toy Fare protoype pic:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #57 on: May 2, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Nom Anor is crappety crap, but Evazan and Aayla look superb!

I'm not against EU by any means, there's just a multitude of characters I'd love to see before any of that Vong ****. For instance, I would commit willing genocide against the Yuzhan Vong people for a Noghri action figure...and I would kill a Yuzhan Vong baby—in front of it's own mother—for a decent Mara Jade as the Emperor's hand figure. Hell, I would push Dorme into some Mustafar lava for Mara Jade.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #58 on: June 6, 2011, 12:23 PM »
So does anyone know what the status of this Waves release is? Will this now be the July wave since the other wave got bumped. I was puzzled when the Revenge cases showed up for preorder when this wave was slotted first for June.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: June 6, 2011, 04:00 PM »
No news, hopefully soon.  I could see this coming in late Summer though, like maybe late August or September.