Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70789 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #75 on: February 2, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I thought WM receipts were good even longer.  I've returned some real old stuff, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 2, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Yeah, if that list is true then I'll be going the case route as well, for a couple of waves. I was really hoping this wave would have some good case mates mixed in. I look forward to confirmation at toyfair.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Forbidden planet uk has recently put this wave up as available May 30 ...so you guys should has these end of April/early may time, yeah?

Oddley enough the  mighty Kithaba isn't up for order as part of this wave. But i would't worry FP's website makes oversights like this all the time.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Wave 4.1 Revision Case Pre-Order

Not a shabby assortment, including Evazan and Kithaba and other stuff in there...  That's a damn good case other than QGJ...  to me he's just fodder for a Jedi custom at some point too.   :o

Get to orderin'!

Sadly though, and unexplainably, they dropped the DST...  An army builder people really want, something they brought back to Legends last year, and it's missing in a revision case.  That's odd.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:55 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Weird they have this up before Wave 12...and I agree JJ...dump Ratts and put in DST

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Sadly though, and unexplainably, they dropped the DST...  An army builder people really want, something they brought back to Legends last year, and it's missing in a revision case.  That's odd.  :-\

It is also a character that has peg warmed the last two times it was released. I can't see how reshipping Qui-Gon and the pod racer is a better idea though, so perhaps we would be ****** either way.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 10:30 PM »
I might actually preorder this case... Qui-Gon can easily be taken back to Target. Ratts I don't have yet, and I want another Blu-Ray Luke anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Actually around me the DST Legends figure did ok...  Not smashingly great, but ok.  None were to be found when clearance came up or I'd have bought.  Says something about it I think... 

Plus the 2007 release was in one of the most heavily shipped waves, and he reshipped and reshipped...  Did he pegwarm, or just get overshipped?  I think that's something in this hobby that's largely been glossed over and ignored.  I consider that a big issue these days when pegwarming/distribution/case assortments comes up.

I questioned that Legends DST last year too, in part because I felt he pegwarmed in 2007 at the time, and in part because I wasn't wild about the figure overall (It's ok to customize into something better but it is lacking).  But I've rethought pegwarming a bit in the last couple years...  I think, like the clean Clones or Sandtroopers and such, sometimes a character sees more overshipping in a short(er) time frame causing him to be a pegwarmer, rather than that he was a "natural pegwarmer" where he really shipped sparingly but still didn't sell.

I think I started thinking about that a lot last year when those Legends figures everyone hated were moving at Target...  I noted it at the time, but I kept going, about once or twice a week, and buying a BD 2-pack...  Every time I got one, I noticed new Spacetroopers and other new Legends, but also that the pegs weren't overflowing by any means, just always a new case replenishing.  They went through a lot, DST's included for whatever reason.  They weren't the best sellers, but ultimately I didn't find a single one on clearance either so I think they did alright.

I found more AOTC Clones and Hoth han than anything, at all retailers, on clearance...  Han, who knows.  But the Clone had basically himself or something very like him available all year...  Maybe the DST just had enough down time that the Legends figure ultimately made a little sense?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 1, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Weird they have this up before Wave 12...

that is what I am saying plus, this says rev 4.1, what is going to be in the normal, non-revision case?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: March 1, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Considering this should have been 2011 Wave 4 and has been bounced around the schedule so many times already in the past year, I'm not surprised it might sneak out before the Hoth Luke wave. 

As for "what's in the normal non-revision case", we'll have to wait and see.  Perhaps the non-revision case was the original planned 2011 pack-out of this wave and this .1 revision case is the 2012 pack-out?  Or maybe it's one of those odd situations where the revision case hits before the non-revision case (which has happened a few times in the past).  Or maybe the case-pack sucks so bad EE skipped it altogether? :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 1, 2012, 10:24 AM »
yeah I was thinking about it, and maybe since this wave has been jumbled so much maybe it is like the 2010-2011 ROTJ wave that had like 11 revisions or something and I am pretty sure it did not have a normal, non-revision listing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: March 1, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Or maybe the case-pack sucks so bad EE skipped it altogether? :P

Just curious but are they allowed to pick/choose?

If so, good call on their part.  The original Wave 4 was probably packed with E1 figures, and maybe it was a pre-emptive strike on their part.  E1 figures in every case till August is rough to stomach.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Vintage Wave 13 Regular Case (2012 Vintage Wave 4) is now posted...

Much more tolerable, but to get Wedgie it looks like you're going to have to order one case, and to get all the other repacks you want, you have to get this one.  That stings.

This is a much more appealing case to me though.  One, maybe two figures in there I don't want, and the rest I'd be happy to add to my collection, or add more of them to my collection.

2012 Wave 3's case hurts, and there really should be a revision of that one.  Yikes.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48 PM »
I just did the 4.1 preorder since they are both arriving May supposedly - I am pretty sick of going to stores and finding nothing...

here is a code for $15 off your order at EE.com:  2101122

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37 AM »
And just like that, we have some early carded images of some of this wave...

Clicky the picky to go to the story!

Also some Wave 12/2012 Wave 3 figures in there too.

Kithaba just looks great, but I'm predicting the one figure is going to irk some folks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:40 AM by Jesse James »