Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70908 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #105 on: April 7, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Only two clones in the ROTS line had removable helmets that I remember - the AT-TE Gunner mold... those don't look like pinheads to me... and the ones in the 2006/2007 line that had grunt helmets also were oversized and their heads didn't seem pin headed to me either... but now with the premium line of vintage, I think all excuses for Hasbro are out the window... hell, they've also done similar things and screwed up Stormtroopers too (remember Joker Squad?  YIKES!).

I mean, really - if they can do THIS, then I don't see there being any reason whatsoever for not being able to get Phase 2 grunt ones to look nice too.  Maybe they just need to drop the removable helmet feature if this accuracy is too complex for them, and go with alternate heads like they did HERE.

We're being asked to pay around $10 a figure now... this isn't too much to ask in my opinion.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 7, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Look at the original Clone Commander Cody.  That figure came across looking like a pinhead.  Now, compare that with the remade Commander Cody figure from the Vintage Collection, and you'll see a noticeably larger helmet.  The Airborne Trooper you cited looks good, but it's a completely different helmet design from the standard phase II armor's helmet.

There may be some other issues at work here.  Notably the toy safety standards that came to light with toys produced in China in the past few years.  Those issues ranged from hazardous paints to potential choking hazards.   And a small accessory like a helmet might have been seen as one of those hazards.  Additionally, these standards might also dictate the grade of plastic that can be used in an item like a helmet.  A more rigid plastic might make for a helmet that looks more film accurate, but might not put the design in compliance with child safety standards.  I'm certainly not trying to apologize for Hasbro.  But this sort of criteria likely seems to be at work.

I think the better option is to go with something along the lines of the CW Obi-Wan Kenobi you mentioned:  2 seperate heads that are interchangeable.  But in that case Hasbro is going to be dealing with slightly more expensive tooling, and we the consumers, are going to have to eat that cost increase at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: April 8, 2012, 12:59 AM »
I look at the Clone as the "throw away" of the wave...  He's the costing out filler.  It's like if we got Fleet Troopers at some point, with a new head or something, and the helmet was maybe too tight now...  At least they gave us something cool as said "filler" to balance out the wave's overall cost.

This isn't really a cool figure, the helmet is eh... 

I like removable helmets, personally, and would rather have them than not.  Then again I don't plan on buying 90 of this trooper to replace my army.  1, maybe 2?  Short of a good sale and plenty of these hanging about...  If they screwed up Evazan in a big way I'd be far more annoyed, but I don't care I guess.  I agree though, anything for $10 is pretty much excuseless when it's bonered up.  I don't see the helmet as a massive deal though.  Had it been goofed on the Death Star Trooper, I'd likely be far more annoyed since he was basically an all new figure replacing something that's pretty weak to begin with, without major adjusting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 8, 2012, 08:50 AM »
It's like if we got Fleet Troopers at some point, with a new head or something, and the helmet was maybe too tight now...  At least they gave us something cool as said "filler" to balance out the wave's overall cost.

You mean you wouldn't want a working holster, too?  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: April 9, 2012, 01:14 AM »
Hah, like that would happen.  ::)  Come on!  Only Cantina guys all were packin' with holsters.  Why would soldiers?  Silliness, I tells ya.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 5
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 03:04 PM »
my wave 4.1 case is pending from EE right!  card has the charge pending.   ;D

looks like they didn't apply my $15 off coupon I used, but maybe they will once the charge goes all the way through
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:14 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2012, 03:13 PM »
My EE pre-order for Wave 4.1 is processing too. :) 

The site listing still says May 2012, so they must not have received a ton of these cases in their latest  delivery...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2012, 03:21 PM »
didnt 4.1 use to have Ratts in it?  Now it has Maul

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2012, 04:59 PM »
If you want to order, they're still there...  I may pick up one of these, I think.  Not sure.  *sigh*

2012 Vinty Wave 4 & 2012 Vinty Wave 4.1

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2012, 07:00 PM »
got my shipping confirmation.  it looks like they charged me the full amount.  I will give them a call in the morning to get the adjustment ($15)

update:  just remembered they are out over on the West coast and were still open.  I gave them a call and are issuing me the refund.  Excellent customer as always from EE.

Also, this is now officially my very first case of SW figures I have ever ordered   ;D   and my coincidentally first Evazan to have in my collection    8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:11 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2012, 11:03 PM »
It seems like the tunghori hole was plugged as no new SW seems to be coming out of there lately...now I have to actually look for a Naval trooper or two after just getting this case from EE (and on its way!!)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2012, 05:58 AM »
Of the 3 cases in stock at EE right now, I am only considering ordering one of them, wave 4:

1x Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)
1x VC58 Aayla Secura
1x VC59 Nom Anor
1x VC56 Kithaba (Barada)
1x VC57 Dr. Cornelius Evazan
1x VC51 Barriss Offee
1x VC50 Han Solo (Bespin Gear)
1x VC53 Bom Vimdin
1x VC54 ARC Trooper Commander (Fordo)
1x VC55 Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
1x VC52 Rebel Fleet Trooper
1x VC21 Gamorrean Guard

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes thinking about it, too.  Still on the fence.  I really only need  Kithaba, Evazan, Nom Anor and Aayla.  Wouldn't mind a Gammie or RFT even though I already have a dozen of each.  Still that's only half the case I need or wouldn't mind. 

The wave 3 and wave 4.1 aren't even close.  I really only care about the Naval Trooper.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17 AM »
I'm willing to split the case with you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I'd really consider the 4.1 case. I nearly pulled the trigger, but I'd be ordering two cases.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2012, 11:44 AM »
I ordered a case of Wave 4... I can't remember the last time I ordered a case of anything?