Author Topic: C-3PO (Removable Limbs)  (Read 11071 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Went with the POTF2 FF figure for this as there really hasn't been a good full Rem Limb update for a while.  Most of the C-3PO's only have one or two arms that come off and nothing with the legs.  Technically the Saga C-3PO who was a pack in with Chewie is probably the most accurate one

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Removable limbs C3po could have started in anh time (1977-78), cause we saw the protocol droid fall and broke an arm.
The toy arrived as a slight more "muscular" guy, the anh with realistic metal body was slim
potf2 and saga version spotted some oxid and carbon from blasters battle damaged effect.

I agree Saga version got the gesture, and with his battery lights resulted very enjoyable.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:25 PM »
This was the C-3PO I used the most.  The original C-3PO I have the joints are so loose it does not stand.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:40 AM »
I actually never owned a Rem. Limbs 3PO as a kid, and only had the original.  And just like so many others, no chance in hell he could stand after about a week.

I do like Rem. Limbs 3PO though, he's cool and was far cooler than non-removable limbs 3PO since he had a bag and it was fun ripping him apart of course.

I'd love to see a nice update to Rem. Limbs 3PO...  The POTF2 figure lingers on in my collection, as does the Purchase of the Droids 3PO, since they're the only incarnations of the character to take apart completely, and the latter has the restraining bolt. 

I'd like to remove both from the collection shelf, but I love the electro-plating.  I miss it on the Vintage Collection 3PO we got this year, and the previous Vintage 3PO eats green weenie with its oddly thin head and goofy pose + lacking articulation.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:44 AM »
For me the RotS version is the modern update for take apart Threeps.  I know he is not as screen accurate the one chosen here and doesn't come with a bag, but he does have a few things going for him.  He is electroplated like the vintage, his legs are all gold like the vintage and he has nicer proportions than the PotF2 version.

As a kid, I had both versions.  My take apart version, faded to be more silver so I used him more as U-3PO or E-3PO and used the original as Threepio.  Pretty much though as a kid I was not a big fan of Threeps, he was the tag along nerdy cousin of the Rebels that they had to bring along because mom said so. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:50 AM by R5Don4 »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 04:04 PM »
BAD protocol droid parts make this an easy future release for Hasbro.

Vintage Kenner was different in that it replaced old C-3PO in the line-up, the original was removed from cardbacks.