Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 22 (Spring 2011 Wave 3)  (Read 18244 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 22 (Spring 2011 Wave 3)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:25 PM »
These four I look forward to adding to my CW collection.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 2, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Does anyone know the exact release date for these figures?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2011, 09:45 AM »
BBTS has them up for pre-order now, and both this and Wave 2 are estimated as March 2011. That's about as exact as we are likely to get.

I am hoping both waves hit at once, as with TVC Waves 4 and 5. They are really falling behind on this line right now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Case assortments and updated photos are available for this wave at EE. Commander Jet remains MIA.  :(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:26 PM »
Wouldn't want Jet taking case space away from Commander Cody, Capt. Rex and ARF Trooper, would we?

Really, ARF Trooper...they could at least ship the camo one, since apparently it's the only style of generic clone they will reship.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Really, ARF Trooper...they could at least ship the camo one, since apparently it's the only style of generic clone they will reship.

Seriously - why when there is a more recent repaint of the figure aren't they shipping the repaint instead of the original? Or better yet, why not just throw in a new paint-op with a new figure number and still keep using the same mold.

The ARF Trooper is turning into the biggest peg-warmer of this line, he's just in TOO MANY cases at this point.

What would have been the harm in having the Aqua Droid carried forward from Wave 2 into this case?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 04:51 PM »
Their carry forward policy is strange, especially since most of the new figures are one-per-case, except the new Anakin, which gets carried forward!

I'd hate to be a kid collecting this line. I In the old days, there was time to save you money and buy what you wanted. Nowdays, a month goes by and some of the stuff is gone from stores forever.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 05:14 PM »
The prevelance of the ARF trooper is mystifying.  Maybe it's a big seller, but it doesn't seem like it.  It would make sense to have a regular grunt clone out there, but there hasn't been one in the basic CW line forever. 

You have to act fast with this line.  The shelf life of most figures is a month (Embo, Draa, Boba Fett, Thi Sen, Jar Jar, etc...).  I've been very lucky as when the stuff hits, it hits hard.  But then, poof.  Gone.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 12:19 AM »
I can get you Embo, Draa and possibly little Fett right now, at almost any Wal-Mart in my area...  Including Cato Parasitti, and El Les is already showing initial stages of pegwarming.

Draa's a little less though...  Embo's I see almost everywhere, even Target.  I'm shocked, partially because he was a nice figure, but ultimately I think this line goes with the same basic ideas Hasbro has always insisted are true...  Secondary guys aren't as popular, random aliens sort of fall flat (no matter how cool the figure ultimately is)...

I agree on a basic Clone not being out.  How they've overlooked that is beyond me, unless they consider the Legends/Vintage overlapping enough of those guys to satisfy the demand...  I dunno.  I see the ARF Trooper around for sure though, but I see most of everything from CW around in some relatively decent supply.  It's always the newest that is the hardest to track down.

I never saw anything from that last wave on the red cards though...  Hondo, Thi Sen and the Tactical Droid...  Those were the only CW figures I've never seen in stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 11:06 AM »
The sad thing is, we've seen (almost) nothing of what would follow this wave in the TCW line, so for all we know they will just take a few months off until SDCC as in the past. That pushes Jet back even further into limbo.

I'd love to see a whole "lost" wave for this summer with Jet, Hondo, Aayla, and even the Cad Bane in Disguise figure. How sweet would that be?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I'd love to see a whole "lost" wave for this summer with Jet, Hondo, Aayla, and even the Cad Bane in Disguise figure. How sweet would that be?

It would be very sweet. There was an ARF Trooper shown at Toy Fair with red and gray markings that also appears to be in limbo. Hasbro has already invested in developing the figures, so why not release/rerelease them? Unlike Legacy figures like the Scanning crew or Utai, figures like Jet and the ARF are not boring and would probably sell fairly well.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Tunghori has Eeth Koth:

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25 PM »
They did a great job on him. It seems that Hasbro puts more energy on the Jedi figures that exclude Obi, Ani, and Ahsoka, for some reason. They went all-out on Eeth Koth.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 09:20 AM »
They did a great job on him. It seems that Hasbro puts more energy on the Jedi figures that exclude Obi, Ani, and Ahsoka, for some reason. They went all-out on Eeth Koth.

The reasoning for this on Hasbro's part is simple:  Eeth Koth they only want to have to make one time.  All the others you have listed they will minor tweak each time they make them so you have a "reason"  ;)  to purchase them.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 09:59 PM »
The reasoning for this on Hasbro's part is simple:  Eeth Koth they only want to have to make one time.  All the others you have listed they will minor tweak each time they make them so you have a "reason"  ;)  to purchase them.

You know what, that's actually true. I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a SA Obi and Ani (Season 3 looks) with soft goods eventually down the line.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"