Author Topic: 2011 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 37181 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #45 on: May 9, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Agreed, including a greater variety of accesories would be fantastic.  I know I picked up a bunch of GI Joes at Marshalls over the last couple of years on clearance (my Wife is adamant that I DON'T COLLECT GI JOE! :) ) solely because of the weapons/backpacks/etc. that they included.  I don't know if its just because of the EU-Stormtrooper (Hondo Karr) who was big into knives, but I think a Stormtrooper looks wickedly menacing holding a big knife (they gotta have a blade tucked away somewhere in the armor right?).
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: May 9, 2011, 11:13 PM »
I'd dig seeing some medical gear stowed into the sets too...  Bacta packs, maybe a medic sachel bag (redeco the Airborne Trooper's sachel to look like a medic bag or something), maybe even a stretcher...  It's fun to dream about the goofy stuff that they could do as an accessory I guess.  Stuff not maybe applicable to the figure, just fun to have around if you want it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 03:18 PM »
I'd love more small environment pieces too, with the appropriate character. C-3PO doesn't need a pack in rocket launcher, but some cantina cups, a stool, maybe some assorted crap to sprinkle around Jabba's palace and the cantina...I'm sick of making (and painting) sculpy vases...

Characters like the Jawa could have "junk", officers and politician characters could have datapads or some of those weird sculptures. I guess a lot of that relies on new sculpts, but there are some things that would make good pack-ins that have already been released.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 05:58 PM »
You've probably heard, but "New" Legends are actually out there now. Saw them at Wal-Mart (one where Legends are back up to $7.88 each). No surprises.

No secret weapons, as we already new.

No Dark Troopers on Space TRooper cards, thankfully (Or not for folks who wanted old Dark Troopers). Space Trooper has a pistol now.

Saga 2006 Boba Fett and Saga 2006 Vaders.  :( 

Battle Droid is same old one, no ankle joints, and there is NO blaster included, no matter what the package says...unless it's incredibly well hidden.

Destroyer Droid is the action attack version.

Stormtrooper is VOC, or close to it.

Death Star Trooper seems to have same hair color and even the weathering on his blaster.

Mace Windu is 30th release of that same mold...HA!  30th anniversary.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Saw the newest wave of Legends at Target today while out hunting TVC Wave 7. Meh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 08:47 AM »
I picked up the imperial guys at WM yesterday. Pure impulse buy.

And not having the extra weapons is a real let down.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:58 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I just saw a full set of Legends at WM, for the first time...  The new ones that is, which is to say the old ****** stuff with less pack-in stuff, so yeah...  Saw 'em though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2011, 10:35 PM »
Found this wave spread out over two Targets in the Memphis area, minus the Spacetroopers I was hunting for of course,

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 6, 2011, 03:42 PM »
I've finally found this wave spread out over several visits to Target and I was wondering - I never seem to find figures SL24 and SL26.

I've looked on lists and most say that SL24 is Obi-Wan, but SL12 is also Obi-Wan and he's shipping in the case, so what's the deal there?

Also, the Destroyer Droid and the Spacetrooper both come numbered SL31, which one is really SL31 and is there one of them out there with the fixed number?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #54 on: August 6, 2011, 03:50 PM »
SL24 if I'm not mistaken is a pilot Obi Wan version which shipped for a while last year.  26 not sure.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 6, 2011, 04:07 PM »
SL24 if I'm not mistaken is a pilot Obi Wan version which shipped for a while last year.  26 not sure.

I was just looking at EE's case listings for Legends, and for the Wave 3 Rev1 and Rev2 cases they have the figure listed as:
SL24 Obi-Wan EPIII

So I guess it's just a SotDS packaged version of the Red/White Pilot Obi-Wan Legends figure....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2011, 11:35 PM »
Glad to see Hasbro putting the nail in the coffin on these.  Annoyed by the lack of the weapon pack in, which I some how missed until tonight.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Yeah, the weapon removal was a punch in the ding ding from them.

A) it costs NOTHING to add that.  Total dick move to remove it.

B) They went from having some paint aps on them to even removing those, so it wasn't like they already hadn't cut the corners as low as they could short of removal.

C) It was one of the only reasons I'd buy a Legends figure I didn't really need sometimes.  Snowtroopers are cool, I have a lot, but sometimes the pack of weapons was enough for me to say, "Eh, at least I get some extra Commando and Stormtrooper blasters", and I'd cave.  Now they somehow have made Legends even more unattractive, which was hard to accomplish for me.

2007's were just awesome things everybody was wanting more of.  I mean, Pit Droids!  That was great.

2011's were figures you'd maybe want more of, but clearly it's aimed at kids more than the adults, and so for them to remove something like extra guns (kids love that, don't they?  Extras of what they lose is good, right?), I'm just disappointed in that.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Kids like extra guns, they'd like extra lightsabers, too*. Watching some stop motion vids on youtube, some of which are made by kids, they use the extra weapons, the EMP launcher (?) is used as a bazooka. Going by my yard sale hunts, its also the weapon most likely to survive and be sold at a yard sale (got two of them this year).

All the clones that needed rifles had a chance to get them.

For those of us who do buy used figures that often come without accessories, it was an incentive to get some new figures.

Also, you can sell your unwanted weapons on ebay, same with the BAD parts.

*This is strange that lightsabers have only been offered in the Episode 1 accessory packs, vintage Kenner didn't include any in their mail-in offer and Bespin Luke's saber was soooo easy to lose.

I'd bring the concept back and make 6 assortments, one per movie...cut it back to 5 weapons per set but include some lightsabers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:29 AM by scockery »

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2011, 07:52 AM »
I was at my local Walmart the other day and found a bunch of empty pegs for the Saga Legends figures with a price tag that read $2.00. not sure why this particular Walmart would price the figures so low but it was only for the Saga Legends and not any of the Clone Wars. needless to say there was only one Kenobi to be found. been patiently waiting for them to restock but so far no luck.