Author Topic: Tosche Station Diorama  (Read 17900 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Tosche Station Diorama
« on: February 5, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Hey there, my JD friends- just finished my latest diorama and wanted to share.  This is the Anchorhead deleted scene, which I wanted to make to house the recent comic pack figures.  I have plenty of "making of" info over on RS.

And a couple of reference pics:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Tosche Station Diorama
« Reply #1 on: February 7, 2011, 02:58 AM »
DB,

Let me just be the first to say WOW!  That's amazing, and you  honestly don't have a ton of good reference material to work with on this to boot.  You did another outstanding job though.  Always a real eye for detail.

I have to ask, what's going on with the background image of the speeder and such?  Can you go into detail about exactly what you did with that?  Is it just an image on a screen?

Also any parts suggestions on the two guys playing Ms. Pacman in the background?  I can't recall if they're ever named in the novels but I'm thinking they were at some point, and had some lines, but don't think they got filmed doing anything but playing that goofy game.  I see you made kind of a football looking game going on, which is pretty slick.

I love the scene though, it's rich with detail...  Kind of like Watto's Junkyard, but cooler because it's OT. ;D

Any details you can share, even on the scraps lying about, would be cool.  I see what I believe is the weird Star tours astromech in the background, but besides he and Luke/Camie/Fixer/Biggs, I can't pinpoint anything really.

Thanks for sharing, it's always fun to look over the detail of your scene recreations.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 7, 2011, 03:40 PM »
DB, you dioramas always make me smile. Its the attention to detail you do in all your work that just makes me happy. I find it amazing how much this looks like the cut scene. I like how those guys are playing a soccer video game back there. I wonder that those guys were really doing back there. Great use of parts. You need to help me build new displays for my new Star Wars man cave I'm building this year.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2011, 04:25 PM »
WTH is that....  Oh it's the constant utter amazement everytime I see one of you Dio's.  Jeez Daigo I don't know how you do it.  The attention to detail is astounding.  The only person I know that pics up that much detail is my wife but it's usually about the stuff I did wrong  :P  

The only thing I'd recommend is dirty up the floors some more, it looks like someone just swept all the sand into the corners.  There's no smudges or "spills".  The table/work bench needs some more dirtying up as well.  In the ref pic you posted the whole left corner is burned/dirtied up. I really can't think of anything else which is of course a compliment and a credit to another fine job.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 04:28 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Awesome job. Holy hell you do amazing work.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 7, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Incredible job, plenty of details. Congrats!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing with us. That is amazing.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 8, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Thanks so much for the kind words guys!  And Jesse- I really appreciate the front page feature!  Let's see: yeah, the 5-engine landspeeder is an image of Luke's that I added two more engines to by copying and pasting.  It is a flat image printed on photo paper, and leaning back somewhat to give the proper illusion of perspective.  It looks strange from the top view, but just right from front on.  The 2 players (Deak and Windy) are Moisture Vaporator Luke bodies with the belts removed and a repainted head on one and new head on the other.  I used small floralytes to illuminate the game buttons from within, and another four of them under Fixer's work table.  Everything else is a combination of foamcore, foamie, styrofoam covered in plaster, and clear plastic for the windows.  Greeblies are mostly cpu parts spraypainted with grey or black!
Greg Reeves

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: February 8, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Impressive....most impressive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 02:08 AM »
No problem  DB, I always like highlighting the accuracy of the stuff you do...  Thanks for sharing what you did to make the scene.

Was there actually a 4-engine speeder outside the shop in that scene?  And what's driving it?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Thanks again!  Yeah, it's actually a 5-engine landspeeder, supposedly owned by Fixer.  It apparently is just like Luke's but with an engine between the side and middle ones.  It's just parked in the scene.
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Ah ok, I thought by the image something was in it.  Just must be the angle of the picture.

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38 PM »
You Da' Man Greg !!
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48 PM »