Author Topic: Of course we should buy the new TVC repack waves  (Read 16013 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Of course we should buy the new TVC repack waves
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2019, 09:20 AM »
I've been thinking this over recently, and going through some photo archives of Vintage Collection figures.  And it crossed my mind that we probably could use some strategically thought out reissues from the Vintage Collection, especially since Hasbro will be continuing on with the numbering scheme of the original 2010 - 2012 run.  The ones that immediately came to mind include:

TVC 09 - Boba Fett
TVC 41 - Imperial Stormtrooper
TVC 50 - Han Solo (Bespin)
TVC 68 - Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
TVC 93 - Darth Vader (ANH - also functions as a ROGUE ONE Vader - no need to reinvent the wheel here.  And put it on a ROGUE ONE card)
TVC 98 - Grand Moff Tarkin

And then some running changes...
VOTC Han Solo
VTSC Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues - with new face portrait)
TVC 52 - Rebel Fleet Trooper (alternate face portrait and on a ROGUE ONE card)
TVC 94 - Imperial Navy Trooper (alternate face portrait and grey/olive uniform)

I would be on board with most of these reissues.  Some are characters that just continue to sell.  And others can be easily repurposed to current/recent entertainment.

It's interesting to look back at this and some of the figures I cited for reissues were on the mark.  Plus it looks like Hasbro upped the ante with some of these:

TVC 09 - Boba Fett - Now with improved facial printing
TVC 41 - Imperial Stormtrooper - IMPROVED with the Rogue One Stormtrooper sculpt
TVC 50 - Han Solo (Bespin) - On the way with improved facial printing
TVC 93 - Darth Vader - Done with the earlier removable helmet release and improved facial printing
VTSC Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - The TVC version is on the way with improved facial printing

The new facial printing tech is definitely a game changer for some of these figures.  I can't wait to see the improvements.  As for the Clone Wars characters?  The Obi-Wan Kenobi figure looked pretty good already, but I think that Anakin Skywalker can really benefit from the improvements. 

The phase 1 Clone Trooper SEEMS like a natural choice for a re-release.  But with the final season of Clone Wars focusing on the end of the Clone War, why re-release a "shiny" and not one of the phase II Clones?  Or even one of the 501st Clone Troopers, since that unit was with Anakin Skywalker?  These are just a couple of the figures from TVC that could benefit from re-releases.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2019, 12:39 PM »

It's interesting to look back at this and some of the figures I cited for reissues were on the mark.  Plus it looks like Hasbro upped the ante with some of these:

TVC 41 - Imperial Stormtrooper - IMPROVED with the Rogue One Stormtrooper sculpt
TVC 93 - Darth Vader - Done with the earlier removable helmet release and improved facial printing
VTSC Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - The TVC version is on the way with improved facial printing

The new facial printing tech is definitely a game changer for some of these figures.  I can't wait to see the improvements. 

Wait. Is this a thing? As in, we're getting another re-release of VC 09 Boba and VC 41 Stormtrooper?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 02:27 PM »

The new facial printing tech is definitely a game changer for some of these figures.  I can't wait to see the improvements. 

Wait. Is this a thing? As in, we're getting another re-release of VC 09 Boba and VC 41 Stormtrooper?

It was speculation on my part.

I think that Hasbro upped their Stormtrooper game with the Rogue One Stormtrooper.  No need to reissue VC41.  And the VC09 Boba Fett reissue has been confirmed for a while.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Boba has been out for some time now

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2019, 04:51 PM »
I believe the correct terminology is Boba Fett has been available online for quite some time
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2019, 07:50 PM »
I believe the correct terminology is Boba Fett has been available online for quite some time

Well said. :D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 03:35 PM »
I was just pontificating on these waves with the current state of the Vintage Collection. Although I will certainly pick up the updated versions of these, and I don't necessarily think that these are bad choices, I'm now scared that these are going to severely hurt the line. I'm hungry for new figures. I'll buy them. But, I'm just one collector. If these 2 waves end up sitting in warehouses, I can't just can see much more becoming available after that.

I dunno. Hope Toyfair offers some hope.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."