Author Topic: An Ewok Update Coming... Who?  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
An Ewok Update Coming... Who?
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:54 AM »
Also in the Force Cast from DD, an Ewok is getting an update...  Who?

We're down to pretty much Teebo and Logray needing the updates the most right?  I'm leaning towards Teebo then as Logray's not attrocious to me in anything but articulation.  Teebo's like a giant compared to all the rest now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: An Ewok Update Coming... Who?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:15 AM »
What about Lumat?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:52 AM »
what about an Ewok exclusive set or battle pack!    ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Since Logray was confirmed in a Q&A session ("Right now, we only have one Ewok planned for 2011 - an update to Logray") and he's rumored for Wave 7, I'll guess it's him.  :P

what about an Ewok exclusive set or battle pack!    ;D

There was an ewok multi-pack planned, but it was shelved...  from the same Q&A linked above:

"the best chance for any [Ewoks cartoon figures] (such as Chukha-Trok) would be if we could get them into a multi-figure Ewok set. Such a set was slated for this year as an exclusive, but it got cut. We are hopeful that it can get out eventually."

So, write Walmart/Target/TRU a letter and beg them to pick it up from Hasbro. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27 AM »
2012 can't come soon enough.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Well that wraps that up t hen.  I guess it's Logray.

I'd rather Teebo myself.

I got the impression from the conversation though that this was an update to a modern Ewok that needed it as well, not rounding out a vintage character they've not gotten to yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45 PM »

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Anyone else see the Hasbro Q&A today?  Echo Base asked about Kneesaa and Chukha-Trok, and apparently they are coming in an exclusive for 2012...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Interesting...  I'm all for it myself, as I love Ewoks, and wish Hasbro would actually repaint some of the existing tools, mixing up some of the gear they've made (hoods, weapons, etc.) to give us some good random Ework Warrior goodness.

I miss Angry Ewok.  :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 8, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Not to burst your bubble, but Hasbro has been saying that same thing about Kneesa/Trok and the rest of that planned Ewok multi-pack for nearly two years...

Sep-2011 version:
"We are seriously considering both of these figures as part of a 2012 exclusive. We have some details to work out with our retail partners so we can't make any promises, but we would like to deliver both of these next year."

Jun-2010 version:
"Beyond that, the best chance for any (such as Chukha-Trok) would be if we could get them into a multi-figure Ewok set. Such a set was slated for this year [2010] as an exclusive, but it got cut. We are hopeful that it can get out eventually."

Feb-2010 version:
"we have tried to get Chuka-Trok into the lineup in a pack we were working on. Even though a sculpt was completed, that pack has since been put by the wayside. Still, we remain committed to trying to get more great Ewoks out there and we are convinced that one day Chukha-Trok will make it out."

So yeah, they've had Kneesaa and Chukha-Trok sculpted up for years now, just haven't been able to find a way to get them out.  Kneesa came close last year when she was supposed to be packed with Wicket, but we all know how that turned out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just dragged their feet on that box set once again and saved them for a 2013 RotJ 30th Anniversary type item... :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 8, 2011, 01:49 PM »
I agree that its been a long process, but this is the first time they have mentioned a specific time frame - I think they're just securing everything with their 'retail partner' before they give us a solid confirmation.  But stating that they want to deliver these both next year indicates to me that the exclusive is already designed and ready to go.  It can take a year or more to plan and produce an exclusive, so if they're shooting for a 2012 release, I'm guessing everything is tooled and the packaging is done.  Maybe we'll even luck out and see a sneak preview at NYCC!

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 8, 2011, 03:18 PM »
I will just have to take you guys word that modern Ewoks exist, Ive still never seen Wicket or Logray in person. I was gunnin for two Wickets also

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 8, 2011, 04:49 PM »
2012 can't come soon enough.

Based on Hasbro scheduling, we've already seen everything that will actually be released in 2012.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Anyone else see the Hasbro Q&A today?  Echo Base asked about Kneesaa and Chukha-Trok, and apparently they are coming in an exclusive for 2012...

That would be awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 9, 2011, 12:14 AM »
Princess Kneesa & Chukha-Trok as a 2-pack?  I'm thinking online exclusive.  That would allow for a smaller run, and I can't see Target or WalMart going for something like that.  Methinks Adam Pawlus might be the person to inquire with about this....
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback