Author Topic: 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive LOST Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave!  (Read 71029 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Yup, it's happening.  :)  Just heard from our team at Toy Fair!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive LOST Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Saaaaaweeet!!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Might be the coolest news of the day.

I love that someone bought the hard copies of the figures and paid out the nose for them, and did so hoping he'd block people from copying them for others to enjoy.  Now Hasbro basically just **** all over that guy's plan.  That's funny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:40 PM »
This is amazing news.  I was just looking at my IJ colletion lamenting the fact that it felt unfinised.

In this day and age, patience is key.  Almost every product I desire eventually get smade.  Almost.

(Lets hope it's not a hoax!)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, that's the biggest and best surprise of the day!!! :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 02:53 PM »
I was hoping when a new film comes we'd get them.  They were tooled so I figured it was a matter of time more than "if".  I'm surprised they're doing it before a movie release, even as an exclusive, but I'm happy.

I wish they'd put out some other items... a German bike with sidecar, and maybe some unmade characters like Dietrich (he wasn't in the last wave, was he?  I don't recall him) or a Belloq or two.  I loved the Indy line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 03:07 PM »
After This, Indy is dead unless Lucasfilm gets another Indy film out to theaters.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Although I'm excited for these to come out, it's going to be ****** if Hasbro doesn't offer these from the HTS site.  After a couple sites have posted that Hasbro said nothing about the Revenge pack of SW figures being available online after the show, and after the cluster that was the Slaughter exclusive last year, I'm getting kind of worried.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Although I'm excited for these to come out, it's going to be ****** if Hasbro doesn't offer these from the HTS site.  After a couple sites have posted that Hasbro said nothing about the Revenge pack of SW figures being available online after the show, and after the cluster that was the Slaughter exclusive last year, I'm getting kind of worried.

E...

I'm not too worried. They will most likely be online, either at SWS or HTS. I'm just hoping the set is handled the same way as most SDCC SW exclusives, where there are a lot of them available. Hell, you can still get the 2009 Storm Trooper, 2008 Senate Clone, and 2007 Concept Grievous from SWS.com.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Just reposting the Comic Con Slide from a few years ago

I wonder if Dietrich will be the 6th figure, as he was confirmed at some point in time, wasn't he?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:33 PM by Scott »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 04:37 PM »
I wonder if Dietrich will be the 6th figure, as he was confirmed at some point in time, wasn't he?

One site reported that a repacked Indy will round out the set. It's sensible to get a classic Indy back out there, but odd since this set is clearly targeted towards collectors.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Very cool, very angr i couldnt get comic con passes.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 05:38 PM »

One site reported that a repacked Indy will round out the set. It's sensible to get a classic Indy back out there, but odd since this set is clearly targeted towards collectors.

The 6th figure is a "best of" Ultimate Indy.  Basically their best regular Indy sculpt with a pile of accessories from the 4 movies.  He wasn't set yet, but they were talking Idol, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, whip, gun, sword, etc.  Derryl also confirmed for me that they plan to have both Toht heads in the set still.

They are planning to offer the Indy set via HTS, assuming it does not sell out at the show (which means I'm sure some of them will make it to HTS).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Man, great news.  Count me in the camp that really hopes there are enough available for HTS.  Nice way to cap off the Indy line, even if we don't get another movie and/or figures to go with it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Hell, you can still get the 2009 Storm Trooper, 2008 Senate Clone, and 2007 Concept Grievous from SWS.com.

Yes, but that's two repaints and a character that I don't think is as popular with collectors as Hasbro thinks he is.

This is an all-new wave of figures of classic characters that collectors wanted in 2008 way more than they wanted the KOTCS figures. 

Anyway, I plan on getting at least 1 set of these if I can get them from HTS or SSW for retail and they're aren't obscenely priced.  But I'm not expecting anything less than $60 for the set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"