Author Topic: 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive LOST Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave!  (Read 71026 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
For anyone keeping score - this set is now listed as being "out of stock" at HTS...

:-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
just an awful experience of a day...

And I will be suprised if Hasbro even acknowledges it

Didn't get the Indy set I wanted

Thanks,
Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Well, I was on the site right when these went up, added it to my cart along with both Zarana figures.  Then after getting to my cart, I could never get any further.  The order process completely **** the bed for over 3 hours.  Finally the battery died on my laptop so I saved my cart and gave up.

I was on the road for work, just got back to the office and while I knew I'd have no shot at the Zarana figures by now, the Indy set still showed in stock in my cart, till I tried to check out.  For some reason, since this morning, HTS deleted all my saved CC info and address so I had to reenter it.  I hit the next screen AND THE ************* THING WENT SOLD OUT. 

I am so beyond pissed at Hasbro over this entire fiasco that any good will I had left for them is completely gone.  I have never had this much of a problem with a store website EVER.  And that includes the ****** Gentle Giant sales I've had to slog through over the years.

There is no excuse or explanation that Hasbro can ever produce that will be acceptable for this.  They can't say they didn't think this would be that popular and there is no excuse in 2011 why they couldn't have put on enough server/bandwidth space to support this sale. And on top of that, there is no reason they couldn't have done an online marketing push with a staggered release to help lessen the stress on the system to begin with.

Plus the ******* around they're doing with the SW line, which I've actually backed them up on, the complete mishandeling of their GI Joe line (and cartoon), and the big **** you they gave to the Indy fans, I can no longer find any will to stand up for them on forums and blogs.

And for full disclosure, I have to say that I did manage a Starscream/Skystriker order before their site went to ****.  But the complete meltdown that followed that one order, and the slightly staggered listing of the other items this morning, doesn't lessen my anger over this.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
As infuriating as it's been, I think Gentle Giant used to be worse when they were offering their exclusive mini-busts on their own site.

I can't disagree that there have been times in the past where the on-line ordering was harder/longer, but in this day and age they really should have been prepared to handle the traffic better. 

It's just frustrating to refresh and refresh an order page watching things you wanted to buy get dropped out of your cart as they sold out while you were mired in "processing" limbo.  :(

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
I managed to grab a set if anyone wants it.  First one to PM me gets it.  We'll work out the details once I get the package.

Set is spoken for.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:32 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Thats definitely a frustrating state of affairs.  I can only imagine the number of collectors who hit HTS's site that it was having such issues handling the volume.  It easily had to be thousands of people at once. 

Obviously, internet bandwidth is a finite commodity.  And you would think that a company like Hasbro would have the resources to accomodate such a crush of customers.  Sideshow Collectibles came up with a solution where they would minimize everything else on their website so that all of their processing power was focused on a major product offering.  Should Hasbro have done that in this case?  It's definitely something they should consider in the future.  And better e-commerce software would probably be a worthwhile investment.  Especially since so many more collectors are resorting to online retail in light of the distribution woes we're experiencing at this time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Not sure if there was a glitch, but this set is showing as in stock as of 4:02 CST.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/exclusives-indiana-jones-lost-wave-pack?CD=96&ST=SO&PG=1

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Showing out of stock for me right now, about a quarter till 7 EST

I have a gut feeling more Indy sets will be made.  Just a hunch.  Maybe just wishful for anyone who didn't get an order in and is paniced.  I know that feeling and I hate it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:51 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
I feel horrible for everyone who wasn't able to get a set. I somehow lucked out and was able to get an order placed, but it took almost 2 hours. I wish I could have been able to snag a second set and help someone out but unemployment sucks and I could barely afford this one set.

The whole situation with this set is just ridiculous and I can't wait to hear them try to defend their actions. With the Death Star, they repeatedly said that the number would be limited but never really mentioned the Indy Jones set. You'd think they would have produced a bunch because they KNOW this line still has fans and they KNEW we would all come out for this set. I mean to be having server problems like that in the year 2011 is ridiculous. And I still think taking sets out of people's carts is just about the biggest low blow anybody can give.

I really hope Jesse's prediction is right and they make more available, as I'd love to get another two or three sets (one to keep carded, one just to display both versions of Toht). I guess my single set will have to do for now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Ok don't forget guys that JD.com has the ointment for that HTS.com rash.  I have a couple of these sets that are going to get in the hands of you guys.

I assume you guys would rather have complete sets than me break them up right?

Let me get a finally tally, it was one of those rare times when the folks I had at SDCC all hit and got stuff, sadly they all got the same thing and it was these.

I will get with JJ and see how we run it, but please don't hit ebay yet.  If I get stuck with these, I will shut down the site and blame you all.... ;)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
I'd love one of these sets but alas it's just not in the budget. Congrats to all who managed to snag it, they are the only figures I'm missing from the modern Indy line. Steel City is this weekend so who knows what I may run into it but if anyone wants to trade some stuff for one of these sets let me know. Hopefully they'll come back up at a time I have cash for one, I really don't want to pay ebay prices.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
I just got mine today, and damn, it's a great set.  So stupid of Hasbro not to have put these guys out in the main retail line before KOTCS figures clogged the pegs.  The detail on Satipo is really good, as is Marion's head sculpt.  And I wish all the figures in the original line would have come with the stands. All in all, a really cool bunch of figures.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Really could use the help as I was working at day camp not allowed phone access. Need Indy and Death Star. Please!
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Details on SDCC Exclusive Give-aways coming later in the week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
A big thanks to Mikey D who offered up a set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"