Author Topic: 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive LOST Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave!  (Read 71060 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I'd like to second that.  It's a reminder of how important a community is I think, and its members.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
A big thanks to Mikey D who offered up a set.

E...

Ditto to Jedimoses.  Matt never thinks twice about helping others.  He helps me out locally with figures pretty much every month as well!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Agreed...  Way to go for anyone helping out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
If it wasn't for this board and the very kind and helpful people who inhabit it, I'd have major holes in all aspects of my collection, and I've tried to do the same for others when I can.  JD really has made collecting fun instead of (which, as today has shown, thanks to Hasbro, as usual) the increasingly headache inducing chore it can be at times.  Thanks JD!

And count me in on the contest, whenever it starts later this week. 

The whole situation with this set is just ridiculous and I can't wait to hear them try to defend their actions.

Knowing Hasbro, they will either blame the collectors for "not being enthusiastic enough to fly to SDCC and get the exclusive(s) there", or they will ignore it completely, acting like nothing whatsoever went wrong.  Then, if they finally do have to address it (say, through the various Q&A websites asking the same question, similar to what was done earlier this year when all the sites sent the same distribution question regarding the SW line), they'll say that "consumer support for Indy in 2008 was very low" and that due to that, they will not be making more sets of the "lost" wave.  Ironic that the wave has technically been "lost" twice now.   :-\

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
I got a this item is out if stock, please remove on that day  >:( I had it and then it disappeared. Damn it Hasbro

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Great set, I got mine today. Look too nice to take the figures out!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
I got a notification today from HTS that my Raiders wave has shipped.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:07 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Got my shipping notification too. Card was also charged.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Got my shipping notices too.   :D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Got home today and my set was waiting on my porch. Super fast shipping, which I definitely wasn't expecting. Took some pics of the mailer box (huge, about as big as the AT-AT box) and the set itself. Still unsure why this thing had to have the excess packaging, I'd have rather they put the figures in a Battle Pack style package and saved us a few bucks, but oh well. I'll upload the pics later tonight when I get a chance to open everything.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
The packaging on this thing was nothing short of ridiculous.  I wanted the figures, but I did not need that much packaging.  I get the feeling that with the shipping box, Hasbro was expecting people to order both the Indy set AND the Death Star and they wanted to be prepared for that.  But the Indy set alone in that shipping box seemed silly.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Welp, finally got around to uploading pictures:

Coolest part of the packaging:

As for the figures, I haven't opened the set yet so no loose pics... yet

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Wow! Mine hasn't arrived yet and I only collected the Indy line loose, so really hadn't thought about how "tall" the packaging was for this set.

Since, like I said, I collected the Indy line by opening everything and not keeping anything MOC/MIP, I can definitely agree with Nick that if they had just put this in a multi-figure "battle pack" like configuration, I would have been fine with that.

But I can definitely admire Hasbro putting in the extra effort to offer these up as additions to the carded collector's set of Indy figures. Too bad that they clearly didn't make enough of these, hopefully they'll make a second run...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Still no shipping notice for me so I checked my account status and the items haven't been cancelled, but have not shipped yet either.  I'd have liked to be one that already received them but no luck there, so now hoping they don't cancel them either. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Still no shipping notice for me so I checked my account status and the items haven't been cancelled, but have not shipped yet either.  I'd have liked to be one that already received them but no luck there, so now hoping they don't cancel them either.

My order hasn't shipped yet either.  I checked my account earlier this week and noticed that my old credit card number was listed, but I knew I entered my new one, so I sent customer service an email just to check on the status.  They said they're still shipping orders out because of the insane amount they had.  My order is currently processing and should ship soon.  I'd imagine yours is the same way.
Common sense isn't so common