Author Topic: 2011 Toy Fair Stuff  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Toy Fair Stuff
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Wow, so jazzed that we're getting Sci Fi.  He was one of my favorites from that newer generation of Joes on the cartoon, and the figure looks nice.  Agreed on the Storm Shadow.  I didn't think I'd ever want another one, but that one is pretty sweet.  Honestly, I thought I'd be done and happy when the 25th stuff ended, but Hasbro's really been doing some great work with the Joe stuff lately, and it looks like that is going to continue.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 11:25 AM »
In my opinion, the Hasbro GI JOE team kicked the Star Wars team's ass with what we saw at Toy Fair.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 02:24 PM »
I totally agree.  I am way more excited for Joe stuff than I am Star Wars.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Thirded. I about did a backflip when I heard about the Skystriker.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 02:48 PM »
For real... the Cobra Commander Starscream Skystriker exclusive blows away the vintage set of recarded figures... the Joe team showed creativity, the Star Wars team showed greed.

And it goes beyond that of course - the figures look amazing... Hasbro's Joe team has got it figured out.  The Star Wars team is all over the place with good and bad - not nearly the level of consistency.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 03:16 PM »
WOW!  Sci-Fi was one of my faves as a kid - always reminded me of Robocop.  Impressed by just about everything I've seen.  Looks like I picked a good time to cut Star Wars collecting.   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Finally, the 25th line continues with an awesome Sci-Fi, Techno Viper, Zarana, Crazylegs, Skystriker and that new 30th Ann. Storm Shadow.  I hope they squeeze a Night Viper into that 30th lineup.  Really wish they would have done a better job on Steel Brigade; used diferent body.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 05:08 AM »

I love the Hazard Cobra Trooper...  I mean, that's a cool design.  I'll be compelled to pick him up myself, and I'm not even a Joe collector, I just grab one now and again that strike my fancy.  That though?  That's got buy all over it.

I'm equally into the...

Iron Grenadier.  The Steady Gun is cool, but the sheer badass look of the guy, like a walking ball of armor, is really neat.  The only thing that may keep me from pkicking him up is the IG's were at the end of my interest in ARAH.  They just barely made it into my collection.  Like Sci-Fi, who has a very incredible figure as well.

GIJoe really did have a great presentation.  I think Star Wars was great, but G.I. Joe clearly has an all collector year going it seems.  Hats off to them and I hope it keeps going.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:19 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77