Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9  (Read 90039 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat.  Bastilla is actually one figures (and the only "new" figure) that I've seen at retail here twice.  Looks like a nice enough figure, but I have no idea who she is so I don't really need her either.  Cool for people that are into KOTOR though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I can see why she's in the line. I found more wave 9 last night, and she was gone. Obviously a popular figure, so I can't begrudge Hasbro making it. I should probably finish that game, but you know.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2011, 05:48 PM »
I would've thought that, out of the wave, she'd be the more likely to pegwarm...  Sort of surprised she's moving better than the other two.  Then again I've only seen wave 9 once so I can't say I've got anything to base taht on but what you guys report. :)

I still want more Echo Troopers (and Fleeties), and at least 2 Ponda's.  Bastilla I can live without another one.

And don't get me wrong  II, I totally understand why anyone wouldn't want her too...  Ify ou're not into KOTOR, she's not a great figure.  As it stands her headsculpt is so-so.  I used to think it was ok, and it is ok I guess, but not great.  Certainly off from the source image on her card a little bit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2011, 07:33 PM »
EU figures are either scarce (Scorch, Revan, Malek, Fordo, concept art, some comic packs, some Force Unleashed) or flop (90's SOTE, many comic packs, some Force Unleashed).

Though, it's hard to tell these days.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #199 on: November 3, 2011, 01:55 AM »
Still no sign of this wave, losing hope.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 3, 2011, 05:31 AM »
Found a couple of head swaps for the echo base trooper's  tiny neck post... Evolutions Dooku and the first ROTS Bail Organa.... with some head gear on, they're just another couple of bearded rebels...

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 3, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Haven't seen hide nor hair of this wave in weeks.  Looks like a one and done in this area.  Glad I got mine, but was hoping to help out a few others.
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #202 on: November 4, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I would've thought that, out of the wave, she'd be the more likely to pegwarm...  Sort of surprised she's moving better than the other two.  Then again I've only seen wave 9 once so I can't say I've got anything to base taht on but what you guys report. :)

I still want more Echo Troopers (and Fleeties), and at least 2 Ponda's.  Bastilla I can live without another one.

And don't get me wrong  II, I totally understand why anyone wouldn't want her too...  Ify ou're not into KOTOR, she's not a great figure.  As it stands her headsculpt is so-so.  I used to think it was ok, and it is ok I guess, but not great.  Certainly off from the source image on her card a little bit.

I haven't found Bastilla yet, but from the pics she looks more like a marginally attractive girl dressed up as Bastilla Shan for cosplay.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 4, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Haven't seen hide nor hair of this wave in weeks.  Looks like a one and done in this area. 

Yeah, me too.  One case at a K-Mart weeks ago, and nothing since.  I just think the backlog is so high it's going to take several more weeks to trickle down.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 5, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Very little sign around here either. 

Distribution continues to suck.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 5, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Found a couple of head swaps for the echo base trooper's  tiny neck post... Evolutions Dooku and the first ROTS Bail Organa.... with some head gear on, they're just another couple of bearded rebels...

They really need to standardize these neck posts.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 6, 2011, 11:34 AM »
I've only seen one Ponda on all my hunts, so a fellow collector on Yakface picked up spares of Bastila and the Hoth Rebel and sold them to me.  With distribution problems and bad case ratios, I really appreciate collectors like that.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #207 on: November 6, 2011, 09:41 PM »

Agreed.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 7, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I really like the new fleet trooper, but if they make any modifications in the future, it would be great if he could hold a blaster in that classic two hand grip.... and maybe add that slight indent on the back of his thighs like the recent Dengar... it makes for great kneeling poses... and add the holster of course...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 7, 2011, 12:56 PM »

Isn't their excuse that they DO standardize the neck posts, but those dastardly Asian factories intentionally shrink some of them when they mass produce the molds?

And I found two cases at Wal-Mart at 2 am last week and snagged Ponda, Bastilla and two Echo Base troops, which should be enough for me. I sill have a backlog of toys to open going back to Wave 7 (running out of display room and I'm waiting to expand my shelves) so it might be a while before I get to these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks