Author Topic: Top Ten Most Hated Figures Ever  (Read 30587 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Top Ten Most Hated Figures Ever
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Let's Roll

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Top Ten Most Hated Figures Ever
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:12 PM »
I'm in just the "Eat my poop you jerkoffs" kind of mood right now about toys, so this should be fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I'll need some time to think up a legitimate list, but anything from 2002-2003 will be considered. Salt-Shaker Palpatine too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:25 PM »
The POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper immediately comes to mind.  What a piece of garbage that figure was.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:07 AM »
What is the criteria? Basic figure carded figures only or can any pack-in qualify?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08 AM »
I think just about every POS should be game personally, but it's not an easy decision.

I decided to eliminate the Imperial Missile soldier from my personal list, but my oh my did it deserve a spot.  I'm leaving it in the vehicle category personally. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:18 AM »
You'll notice there are no POTF2 figures in my list.  That's because I consider them the return to collecting and have too much respect for them -- without that line, we'd have nothing today.  But anything after that is fair game because Hasbro had time to figure out what they were doing.

SAGA Zam Wessel - just look at that ridiculous pose:

SAGA Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation) - the "action feature" completely ruins this figure

SAGA Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) - huge shoulders, stupid expression - yikes

SAGA Hoth Trooper - uh, what the hell happened here?  Drink too much coffee and it stunted his growth?

ROTS Mace Windu - poor Mace, he gets no respect from the sculptors.  Those shoulders!  That face!

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick!) - can you tell I hate those action features?  I'd take a neutral POTF2 stance over this **** anyday.

E1 Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master) - nice arms, ape boy.  And WTF is with his hair?

SAGA Ponda Baba (Cantina Scene) - yay, he can bend his knees!  But when he stands, he's a knock kneed looking POS.  I know he's based on a POTF2 figure that I said I respect, but these were release 5 or 6 years apart!

TSC Boba Fett (Sarlaac Pit) - a neat idea, but he looks ridiculous if you try to stand him without his flames.  And I'd rather have no articulation at his arms than the terrible combo of swivels at his elbows.

And finally: any figure with swivel elbows -- I HATE them, one turn and they fall apart.  Never sacrifice durability for articulation.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59 AM »
SAGA 02/24 Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Senator)
- WTF is he doing - digging his grave?

SAGA 03/17 Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel)
- Worst face sculpt ever - not to mention Hasbro ******* up which hand was chopped off initially.

SAGA Force Flipping Action figures (Anakin - Dooku - Obi-Wan) - three way tie
- Really Flips! (read: Really Sucks!)

ROTS #36 General Grievous (Exploding Body)
- Falls apart if you even think about looking at him

ROTS "Lava Reflection" Darth Vader
- I actually waited inline for that POS

ROTS Wookiee Warrior (Wookiee Flyer Pack-in)
- If you need a Wookiee for a "taking a **** in the woods while camping" diorama I guess this is your cup of crap

TAC-03 Mustafar Lava Miner
- They actually made this guy?

TAC-45 Anakin Skywalker's Spirit
- Sebastian Shaw was rolling in his grave when this was conceived

TLC "Skittles" Crimson Empire Crucible Pack - 4 way tie
The first real set of figures that made me question being a figure completist. Worst legs EVAR!

Cankles/Jazzercise Leia (TLC Leia/Xizor SOTE Comic Pack)
- Sculpted by an angry lesbian no doubt - Deb from Napolean Dynamite headsculpt
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:03 AM »
The POTF2 Rebel Fleet Trooper immediately comes to mind.  What a piece of garbage that figure was.

Let's expand on this....

#10 - Chewbacca - Bounty Hunter Disguise (SOTE)

#9 - Bespin Guard - Carbon Freeze Chamber playset (POTJ)

#8 - Zam Wessel (SAGA)

#7 - General Jan Dodonna (SAGA)

#6 - Anakin Skywalker - Force Flipping Action (SAGA)

#5 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Force Jump Attack (ROTS)

#4 - Holiday Darth Vader (OTC)

#3 - Princess Leia Organa, AKA Monkey Face Leia (POTF2)

#2 - Rebel Fleet Trooper (POTF2)

#1 - R5-D4 (POTF2)

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:02 AM »
For worst "figure", let me be the first to nominate Log:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 09:59 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Some I own

1. Peasant Disguise Anakin from 2002, were that many people really nostalgic for 1970's extending lightsabers? Also, the pose, like he's missing a horse accessory. Mine is used, I didn't even get the good crate accessory!

2. Force flipping Obi-Wan Kenobi, midget with magnets on his feet that looks less like Ewan McGregor and more like Bill Maher.

3. Whacky spin attack  ROTS Yoda (Might give it a pass but for those feet!)

4. One that I don't own (thankfully):

They even reissued that monstrosity!

5. They wasted new tooling making Han Solo with an  orange harness. So he could have an absurdly 1990's big gunned jet pack.

An early disappointment in  POTF2...he may not be the worst, but was disappointing enough to at least make dishonorable mention:

I'lll never undertand the useless right hand. It's not open, it's not a fist...it doesn't match up with any  movie scene.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:59 AM by scockery »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Ugh...just looking at some of these is painful.  While I don't really put the POTF2 guys in the "failure" pile, they we OK for the time.  Not great, but they fit into the line.

However, the action feature stuff from AOTC almost made me quit collecting.  I remember my heart sinking horribly when I first saw those.  I was just crused. They are just not what I want from an action figure.  At all.

But you know what?  Hasbro listened to us.  We have super articulation on many figures.  We have mostly neutral poses, and well made soft goods.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 03:26 PM »
I am very happy my worst of suggestion was taken up, it's too funny of a topic not to take up.

I put some thought behind my choices so here goes my top 10:

1. POTJ Fode and Beed
If there is one figure I absolutely despise it's Fode and Beed. Hate takes effort but this guy is worth the energy. I remember cringing in my seat the first time I saw him in theaters (and on the pegs). This character is so Lucas indulgence it's embarrassing. The design is so half-assed and so non SW looking, it looks like something that crawled out of the Croft Puppet universe. Seriously, this thing came out of a bad 70's acid trip. He voice is also so Hanna Barbara ridiculous that when you look at the whole package I think he has truly earned the title of "Worst SW Character EVER!"

2. Joh Yowza
Like that two headed Croft puppet above I cringed the first time I saw this bad CGI cartoon in theaters during the Special Edition blitz. I hated the fact that they changed the Lapni Nek song. We began to see the E1 warning signs here as the flannelled one decided to stuff in so many dreadful characters into the Max Rebo band. Kenner thinking fans would embrace these new abominations made figures of most of them. They flopped, even on the recent rerelease. I bought this figure because I was desperate for new stuff in 98 and I hated him ever since. I just purged him a few months ago so I am happy to say I am Joh Yowza-less.

3. Rappertunie
Why Lucas, why? A pot bellied Kermit that's way too colorful and puppety. Bad CGI or bad puppet, what to choose…..
Please redeem yourself Lucas remove this scene in the Blue Ray and go back to basics.

4. Female Tusken Raider
I hate this figure and the entire premise of it, it's too far from the look of a Tusken Raider. It's also too much information. When it comes to SW leave some things to the imagination. I did not need to see, let alone get a figure of, a Female Sand person. Ahh Sand People babies that want to club your brains in. Ewok babies YES! Tusken Babies NO! It's just dumb all around and this figure is a Salt n' Pepper shaker to boot. I have so many more reasons as to why I despise this figure but I rather move on.

5. Graga
Like Fode and Beed this friggin Muppet gives me flashbacks of cringing during my first viewing of EP1. (These two characters embody what was wrong with EP1.) This alien design is so dumb and Muppety. It has chicken feet/legs, old lady bat wing arms, a Bom Vidam walnut embedded in it's noggin, a puppety mouth and says Whoopi Whoopi. The figure is a Pepper shaker and should never have been made. (This is why it boggles my mind as why anyone would want Ben Quadrous.)

6. Every Blue & Purple Holo figure
STOP! Please, just stop. No more blue or purple holo figures just keep them as accessories. (Make all Force spirits like the 2004 Obi-wan.)

7. Bespin Guard "Schnozarelli" from Carbon Freezing chamber set
So we were given an inaccurate but very detailed decent Bespin Guard figure in the modern line for the first time in 2001. He was quickly followed up by this kit bashed Bespin Guard that looked like one of those naked people with an outfit painted on their body. Too boot his nose is huge! Why did they not just put a new head on the 2011 Bespin Guard?

8. Exploding Grievous
I get kid oriented figures, sometime the features are neat as long as they work. When you have a figure that falls apart if you breathe on it takes the fun away. You also need an adult to reassemble him. Many kids cried when they opened this figure and it's a safe bet that this one will never be released again.

9. Marvel Tarkin (Stormtrooper gets an honorable mention)
Just look at this figure. I do not need to comment any further.

10. Lucas Family
Now this is the item that actually got me to join Jedidefender. I hated this set so much I needed to vent so I joined my first forum in 2006. I trashed it so harshly that I did not give the best first impression with the members here. Jesse James came to my defense and gave me some good advice on forum posting. I will not go harsh as I did in 2006, I learned how to write a lot better and forum ettiquite so I will just leave my comment at this set being a major Lucas indulgence with a huge touch of Hasbro groveling.

Honorable Mention: Spirit Anakin
It's like a forgotten figure from Princess of Power. This sparkling Goldmember enchants those who lay eyes on him! Why is he gold? I have no idea but it always surprises me why they do not match all Spirit figures like the 2004 Obi-Wan, he still looks amazing to this day!

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:43 PM »

10. Lucas Family
 my comment at this set being a major Lucas indulgence with a huge touch of Hasbro groveling.

Even the figures seem embarrassed that they exist....
I am not the Stig