Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Playskool Jedi Force

(1/5) > >>

Jeff:
Galactic Heroes are dead, long live (this version of) Jedi Force.  :P

(more pics here)

No, these are not like the 6" Jedi Force figures (later called Force Battlers) from 2004-2005, they are a new style of figure.  Sort of a mash-up of Fisher Price's Imaginext and the Galactic Heroes.  Way better articulation and different price-points. 

I can certainly see my boys picking up some of these sets - Han and Chewie to help Imaginext Batman; Darth Vader and Stormtrooper to help the Imaginext Joker. ;)  Same with some of the Marvel sets too - they will love to have Spiderman, Batman, and Vader all in essentially the same scale/style.

ruiner:
Hate to say it, but it's a good idea.

JesseVader08:
OK, I think I've managed to get past the shock of losing my beloved Galactic Heroes line and am actually getting excited about this new line.  It's cool to see that they're reusing some GH ships for the Jedi Force line.

Jeff did they allow you to hold the figures?  You mentioned improved articulation, how much do they actually have?  I've never checked out the Imaginext line, so I'm a bit of a noob regarding this style of figures.

And how about price point?  Did they mention any MSRPs to you?

BTW, great pics!  I linked to your flikr account from my blog.  8)

Jeff:

--- Quote from: JesseVader08 on February 17, 2011, 12:10 AM ---Jeff did they allow you to hold the figures? 
--- End quote ---

Most definitely no, in fact they have security all over the place to keep you from touching things.

--- Quote from: JesseVader08 on February 17, 2011, 12:10 AM ---You mentioned improved articulation, how much do they actually have? 
--- End quote ---

Very similar to the current Imaginext figures, basic 7 point articulation: Neck, ball-joint shoulders, wrists, leg/hip.  Sometimes more (waist), sometimes less (like R2 and Yoda).

--- Quote from: JesseVader08 on February 17, 2011, 12:10 AM ---And how about price point?  Did they mention any MSRPs to you?
--- End quote ---

No mention of price, but since they are designed to be in the same aisle and compete with Imaginext.  I imagine the Playskool pricing will match up nicely with the Fisher Price Imaginext Pricing, which goes something like this -

$5.99-$7.99 for the figure 2-packs
$9.99-$11.99 for the small vehicles
$17.99-$21.99 for the large vehicle sets
$39.99 - $44.99 for the large playsets

R5Don4:
I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars fans had to pay a premium to get their kids started young.

That said I am not opposed to picking up select pieces anyway. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version