Author Topic: Are Luke and Han close friends or just teammates?  (Read 9017 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Are Luke and Han close friends or just teammates?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Leia reaching out is possible, however Luke specifically mentions Han, then Leia in a more concerned tone...  He didn't mention Chewie, or 3PO...  Just Han then Leia.  I think that means Han is important to him on some level (and by default, Chewie and the gang of course, including Lando eventually).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 02:06 PM »
I always felt (as a kid, and today) like Han, Luke, Leia, etc. were all friends as well.  I actually just watched ESB again recently, and they use the word "friend" to describe that relationship a fair amount.  When Luke is missing on Hoth and one of the Troops says to Han that "the temperature is dropping to rapidly", he responds "that's right and my friend is out in it".  Then of course there is Luke's visions during his training with Yoda: "I saw a city in the clouds"...."friends you have there".  I always felt like, particularly starting when they return from the Death Star in ANH and Han asks Luke to come with him that they were considered friends, and it built from there.  Luke seemed disappointed that Han wasn't staying, and Han offered Luke the opportunity to come with him and Chewie.  Like others have mentioned, I think others like Lando, Wedge, and of course Chewie and Leia are all included in that circle of friends.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2012, 03:52 PM »
to me
the moral of Star wars is
Love your freinds
Han Leia and Luke got it RIGHT and thats why they won, and freed the Galaxy.faith and loyalty to your frinds IS The light side of the force in your every day life
Ben, Padme and Anakin got it WRONG and lost the Galaxy to Palpatine as a result.

Bit of there needs to be any proof, the first thing Luke said when he fell at Dagobah during his vision was
" HAN!...LEIA!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2012, 04:33 PM »
to me
the moral of Star wars is
Love your freinds

Might want to just caveat that to "Love your friends, but make sure you do a background check before you end up making out with your sister."   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today