Author Topic: New Packaging for 3D Re-Releases  (Read 19512 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: New Packaging for 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 2, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Hmmmm...I don't know about this.  I can't imagine these Maul cards, plus TVC, plus Clone Wars all at once.  I think TVC will take a break.  Personally, as long as I get some ANH stuff (RFT, Ezavan) on Vinatge cards I'll be satisfied. 

Comercially, it would make sense to have Maul on everything for a year, then Jango with AOTC, then Grevious with ROTS, then Vader with ANH, then Yoda for ESB, and finally...hmmm who should be on the ROTJ card?  My vote is for Droopy McCool, but Jabba would be fine.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: New Packaging for 3D Re-Releases
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 11:21 PM »
Time for a bump...

Our pals over at Yakface are once again reporting that Yoda will be the key to the 2013 Packaging.  Sure makes sense and flows nicely from Maul in 2012. 

When the Maul stuff broke last year at this time, there was some concerns about the Vintage Line, but we all know the Vintage stuck around and Maul was only for Movie Heroes and Clone Wars.  I can see Yoda being used for Movie Heroes and Clone Wars...  but will Vintage be around in 2013 or will the 2013 "realistic" line use the Yoda look too?   :-X

Also, I can't remember where we were speculating on this before, so I'll re-start the talk here too-

2012/TPM = Maul
2013/AOTC = Yoda

Your guesses for the rest?
2014/ROTS = ?
2015/ANH = ?
2016/ESB = ?
2017/ROTJ = ?

You have to figure that Vader and/or Anakin will end up on there for ROTS... probably get Fett for ESB. Maybe a Stormtrooper for ANH?  Or Vader for ANH if they use Anakin for ROTS?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:23 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10 AM »
I'm just starting to warm up to the Maul packaging. I can't really say that Yoda is too representative of AOTC, but it's whatever at this point, I guess. All said and done.

Here's my take on what's coming next...

ROTS - "Sith eyes" hooded Anakin
ANH - Darth Vader
ESB - Boba Fett
ROTJ - Jedi Luke
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22 AM »
ROTS: Vader
ANH: R2-D2/3PO (both or R2...  I don't think 3PO would get it himself but R2 might)
ESB: Fett
ROTJ: Jedi Luke or Palpatine
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 12:43 AM »
ROTS: Sidious
ANH: Vader
ESB: Fett
ROTJ: Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 02:34 PM »
I've been curious if they would continue this pattern for the other releases as well, I sort of hope they do.  I've been tempted to pick up a carded Maul just to have a "set" of each of the featured characters on those cardbacks when all is said and done, but we'll see.  It is tough to pay $8 or $9 for those cruddy Maul figures :).

I like the thoughts posted here on future possibilities, if I had to guess:

ROTS - Anakin
ANH - R2 or Vader
ESB - Fett
ROTJ - Luke

Honestly, it would be nice to see some new characters on the cardbacks (like Luke, he doesn't seem to get his due much with the cardbacks, same for R2).