Ree Yees

(1/3) > >>

Scott:
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

EpicGon:
vintage version appears to wear a lighter suit, cause the body is slimmer. Perhaps the big head made the figure very naive, but still interesting. The divisions of the back of the hand are more marked on vinty Ree-yees, he only lacks the stripe on both sides of pants.
As some details improved on potf2 version, Hasbro missed the chance to paint white or gray  the point of the boots.
Vintage versions  frequently had this paint job pattern: they painted the sections of a limb: bracelets, boots, of the torso like belts, but only the front part of that isolated section and omitted to paint the borders. (This is a detail that Gentle Giant Jumbo classic vintage figures is correcting)

On vinty Ree-Yees: The knee pads are painted on the front but omitted the borders (also in the front part of them)

Scockery:
Creepy character, possibly the only Star Wars character that can literally rape someone with his eyes. Okay, that's sick.

I never owned the POTF2 one. He was part of the scarce wave that killed me as a potf2 completist.

A new one should have the ability to raise his glass (a must include accessory) to his mouth, since the dude was a pathetic drunkard.

On a griping note, why did they tinker with his species in the prequels and someone decided that Ree Yees here has mutant hands?

Jesse James:
Ree Yees can just join the plethora of PT characters that Lucas decided to **** on...  I think Rodians are maybe the only ones who escaped unharmed.  I was more annoyed with the extra eyes on Walrusmen.

I never owned Ree Yees as a kid...  He was in my "I like GI Joe now" phase, and so he was very uninteresting in that regard.  I did like him in ROTJ though, and how he was basically the overly loud guy at the party who drank too much and embarassed himself.  I guarantee he wakes up with his pants all wet at Jabba's Palace, and all the rest laugh at him, or he's the guy known for ruining the bathrooms after a night of hard partying.

And that even carried over to EU where Grans were just kind of thuggish brutes.

The vintage figure was ok though.  They got some of the outfit details done really well, and the poofy hands.  His paint aps seemed pretty weak though, even at that time, and his weapon was goofy...  Was it a gun or a musical instrument?  Either way Ree Yees was drunk enough to put it in his mouth and check for everyone.

The POTF2 figure was a pretty neat update in regards to the sculpt, but as noted above he was a bear to find and overpriced was the only way most people ultimately got him (through the old fan club store thing).  I liked him well enough though and he holds his own visually on my display shelf.  He could handle an upgrade for sure though.  I'd only imagine a new figure of him would wind up flooring me and show how badly done the POTF2 one may actually be.  To me he looks good but he's one of those guys that a new one could probably shock the hell out of people.  Pote Snitkin would make that list too I think.

Anyway, yeah, he's due for upgrading I suppose.

Gran fo life, yo.

Matt_Fury:
Odd that the only modern version is the POTF2 one.  You would've thought Hasbro would've revisited him by now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version