Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73760 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:03 AM »
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Walking+Dead

:o :o :o

I'm all in on this one. Would give my left nut to see what Michonne will look like.

Awesomeness!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Boo, 6" figures...  I'm already out.  ::)

Why can't anyone accept that they can do more in a smaller scale?  If this were articulated 3.75", I'd be all over it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2011, 08:59 AM »
EE has photos up...they look awesome. They are definitely all based on the comics rather than the TV show, but that's cool. Some pretty good gore there.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Series two will be figures based on the TV show. It's pretty cool that McFarlane is mixing things up by making both comic and TV figures. I would've loved some 3 3/4 TWD figures since I'm not big into larger figures. I might pick up some of the TV figures, but it really depends on how they look.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2011, 03:24 PM »
3.75" scale would've had me hooked too I think.  I really dislike the larger scales and wish companies would abandon 6" figures all together.  I figured with things the way they were in China it might've happened by now where everyone goes to a smaller scale to save on materials and get more production out of the steel they're using, but ultimately it seems like 6" is not going anywhere and 3.75" is the one suffering anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2011, 04:14 PM »
If they did 3-3/4" scale, with similar quality to Star Wars, I'd buy every figure. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2011, 09:47 AM »
I prefer the larger style figures, despite the space crunch. I find generally the smaller the toy, the crappier the quality. Especially in the sculpts/likenesses.

Yeah. it'd be great if we got the TVC quality 3 3/4 figs, but more likely we would get something more akin to THOR or POTC...ugh. Pass.

The odds are much better that these characters will look superior in a larger size, IMO. I think they did a great job, these are right up there with the Watchmen figures in terms of source accuracy.

I just wonder if I will actually ever see these in a store.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2011, 12:23 PM »
BBTS has pictures of the TV figures.

They look phenomenal.... it will definitely be tempting to get those Zombie figures.

As for the debate on scale, I prefer 3 3/4 inch stuff as a fan of toys. The smaller figures generally seem to be more durable since they are targeted towards kids, plus I can amass a larger collection since they don't take up as much space.

I do think the sculpting on the larger figures is terrific, but in my limited experience I have found Neca and DC select figures to be considerably more fragile than what I get from Hasbro. I haven't gotten anything made by McFarlane toys yet, but I'm sure I'll cave and get the TWD zombie figures.                           

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:59 AM »
I see Walking Dead has a big presence at SDCC. Anyone know if the figures are on display? Or for sale? I am wondering which retail outlets will actually carry these when released this Fall...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Finally saw these at TRU, pretty sure I will be unable to resist these. They just look too cool, and it's a small line I can easily accommodate right now. I just wish the pricing was better, $16.99 is a little steep, IMO.

Has anyone spotted these anyplace other than online or at TRU? I guess they are probably too gruesome for Walmart or Target, but I was hoping some comic shops or Hot Topic might carry them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23 AM »
They've been sitting on the pegs for 2 weeks now at both my local TRU stores. 

I still think at 3.75 scale they'd do better, and would appeal to a larger audience, plus they'd be more affordable.  I'm a huge fan of TWD, but I'm not paying $16.99 a pop, especially for figures that don't fit in with the 3.75 theme that I prefer.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:06 PM »

I still think at 3.75 scale they'd do better, and would appeal to a larger audience, plus they'd be more affordable.  I'm a huge fan of TWD, but I'm not paying $16.99 a pop, especially for figures that don't fit in with the 3.75 theme that I prefer.

I completely agree.  Scaled down and less expensive and I would buy them.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Yeah, I can't disagree, $14.99 is the MSRP but TRU has them for $16.99 and my local comic shop has them for $17.95 each, so not many good options out there.

I did cave and buy the B&W Rick Grimes variant and the exclusive B&W Walker/Lurker 2-pack today. (That last one is not available @ TRU BTW)

After looking them over again I just decided these are too cool to pass up. Detachable limbs? Removable organs? Face splitting action? Oh hell yes.

May try to see if I can pick up the rest on the cheap via eBay. I am actually more interested in the TV versions, but I guess those are the second wave slated for November.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 01:43 AM »
Agree on 3.75", but partially because I'm just more into that range (1:18-ish).

I don't want to buy bigger figures really, so I just don't, even if it's material I'm all into.  You'd think more companies would pounce on that range though, since it is generally less moolah and obviously is able to pack a lot of detail and articulation, as well as accessories and such.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Picked the rest of these up recently around my birthday as I had some money to spend and the lure was just too strong.

Just snagged the NYCC Bloody Rick Grimes variant off TRU.com for $19.99 (free shipping). It's rare to find a con exclusive like that at an online retailer cheaper than it is going for on eBay.