Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73730 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2013, 01:36 AM »
I just bought both of the new Negans - colored and B&W variant, priority USPS shipping for both came to $12. Since this is a new sort of promotion with no alternate retail outlet and a possibly limited run, I didn't want to take a chance and miss out. (Like I did on the Hobbit Azog and Radagast figures that were up on Amazon, still ruing that one)

I didn't spend a dime otherwise on Black Thursday Night so what the hell.

I grabbed a couple of the full color version. I'm anal about paint apps, so I wanted to have a choice. I noticed there was a First Class shipping option for one figure which cost only $2.32, so I placed two separate orders. Shipping on the Skybound/TWD site is totally stupid.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Well-played, Greg. I only had the priority shipping option available but did not think to try placing them as 2 separate orders. I could have saved about $8 right there, rats.

Curious how long these will last before selling out, they were going strong as of today...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I got my Negans yesterday, and they ROCK! What a great figure!

Also, I have to say this was the most well-packed online order I have ever received. Each figure was wrapped carefully in bubble wrap and taped shut, and then both were surrounded by an outer layer of heavy duty bubble wrap to secure them in place inside a perfectly sized box that did not allow for excess movement.

Kudos to Skybound for the great job!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2013, 02:25 PM »
I got my Negans yesterday, and they ROCK! What a great figure!

Also, I have to say this was the most well-packed online order I have ever received. Each figure was wrapped carefully in bubble wrap and taped shut, and then both were surrounded by an outer layer of heavy duty bubble wrap to secure them in place inside a perfectly sized box that did not allow for excess movement.

Kudos to Skybound for the great job!

I got my Negans yesterday as well with the same great packing job. Almost a shame I'm an opener. The figure itself is great, and fairly bulky. The only thing I don't like is the gummy plastic used for Lucille.

Today I got the 10-inch Daryl Dixon in the mail. The figure looks fantastic, but the lack of articulation kills it for me. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be keeping Daryl, but I may still pick up other figures in this size/format. Zombies would definitely benefit from the extra detail allowed by the increased size.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Do we think we'll get other 10" figures? That seemed like more of a one-ff to me but I guess I could see them doing more if it sold well. Wish they could have gotten Daryll into stores before Christmas.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2013, 08:40 AM »
just fyi many of these figures are super cheap on amazon right now - like $3.44 and up

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Be careful - I have had mixed success with McFarlane stuff - I grabbed the Dixon brothers 2-pack at Toys R Us and the wrist on the right hand of the Daryl figure was completely disassembled. Luckily since I got it at a brick-and-mortar store, I was able to return it, but you'd have to deal with return shipping from Amazon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2013, 08:24 AM »
yeah, I don't collect these because I don't like the way their articulation even looks - fragile.  Also I don't care for the scale.

but I thought I would through out the deal for those looking - looked like one of the riot gear zombies was super cheap if people want to army build it

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 8, 2014, 11:17 PM »
I picked up the 10" Daryll action figure at my local comic store today. What a kick ass figure! The likeness is a vast improvement over the smaller scale counterpart, IMO.

I do not have room for a lot of these, and they would be pricey, so part of me kind of hopes they don't do too many more, but this one was impossible to resist.

Also saw they announced the next comic wave today: Rick (one-handed), Andrea, Dwight, and Punk Rock Zombie. Good stuff.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2014, 10:36 PM »
Hot damn! I found TV Glenn tonight at Walgreen's! I swung by there around 9:30pm and the girl at the counter said she had just put them out. They only had 2 Glenns though and no others from the wave. I'm glad I got to choose because one was only so-so in the face but the other one was absolutely spot-on amazing. Best likeness capture yet, IMO.

I checked 2 other stores while I was out but they both only had stuff from the last wave still.

It's only a matter of time now though...happy hunting!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2014, 10:59 PM »
that's awesome, I'm waiting for wave 3 and Maggie!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Maggie and Glenn are both part of the same wave - Series 5.  ;)

ToyWiz also has a new pre-listing up for Series 6, check this out:

Rick Grimes
Hershel Greene
Carol Peletier
Abraham Ford
Bungie Guts Zombie

Somewhat surpised to see Abraham on the list since he hasn't even been introduced on the show yet. Great to see Carol and Hershel on there though, was worried we might never see them.

They also mentioned a 10" Rick figure for October I believe.

:) :) :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Maggie and Glenn are both part of the same wave - Series 5.  ;)

ToyWiz also has a new pre-listing up for Series 6, check this out:

Rick Grimes
Hershel Greene
Carol Peletier
Abraham Ford
Bungie Guts Zombie

Somewhat surpised to see Abraham on the list since he hasn't even been introduced on the show yet. Great to see Carol and Hershel on there though, was worried we might never see them.

They also mentioned a 10" Rick figure for October I believe.

:) :) :)

That list for Series 6 sounds almost too good to be true. I wouldn't complain if it ends up being real though. Hershel and Abraham in the same wave would be killer.

As for 10" Rick... I might have to pass on that. I just opened the Daryl figure this evening, and I must say I am extremely disappointed. It was extremely difficult to get the crossbow and poncho into place on the figure, and I have trouble keeping it balanced (possibly due to the poncho). I expected easier display from an unarticulated figure.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Single Glenn at Walgreens by me. Do they only get partial cases?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Partial cases.  They're (I think) the only retailer still carrying GI Joes and distribution centers just throw a couple/few to each store.  Same with about 9 years ago some PVC tranformer line could only get there and was soooo difficult to track the line down, but there are lots and lots of Walgreens.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN