Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73749 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2014, 10:18 PM »
Well, it's an odd deal to be sure. While it's true that Walgreen's does split up cases among stores, the ONLY figure to have shown up so far is Glenn, and always in a pair or pairs. This is how the exclusive Rick showed up at first too, and then later they got a larger selection at each store. But Glenn is not an exclusive figure so hard to say why he is the only one shipping so far.

I do expect the others will show up before too long.

Greg, that's a bummer to hear about the 10" Daryll. I still have mine in the package and constantly debate opening him. Maybe he is better off where he is though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Guess I need to hit up the 6 or so WG's in town and see if they have any of the figures!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Walgreens near me restocked with three more Glenns. Obnoxious.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Walgreens near me restocked with three more Glenns. Obnoxious.

Yeah, I saw SIX at one near me yesterday. Great figure, but sheesh!

Where are the rest?!?!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 7, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Heads-up McMetal! I spotted TWD Wave 5 at my local TRU this morning for $16 apiece. They looked great and I was tempted to get a few figures now, but I'll wait for my online pre-order to ship.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 7, 2014, 10:01 PM »
Heads-up McMetal! I spotted TWD Wave 5 at my local TRU this morning for $16 apiece. They looked great and I was tempted to get a few figures now, but I'll wait for my online pre-order to ship.

That's so awesome...at the exact time you were posting this I was walking out with Tyreese and Maggie from my local TRU!  ;D Both the walkers were gone, but I was super happy just to have found both of the ones I did. (Weird though because this place usually gets trucks on Thursday and they had nothing new yesterday...wished I checked back today earlier I guess)

And then earlier this evening I found another Maggie at Walgreens, where I had originally found my first Glenn. She had better paint apps and was only $13.50 so I grabbed her and will just exchange the other at TRU.

The hunt is on for Walker Merle and Charred Walker!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Anything new shown off at TF? Maybe the next comic wave or at least some nice up close shots of Daryll and motorcycle? I checked AFI but they didn't have anything up as of late last night...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Toy Fair doesn't start till this morning.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2014, 02:11 PM »
I've seen a number of reports on different lines this morning already, so it's never too soon.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2014, 04:09 PM »
It's Sunday.  :D  It opens pretty early a.m.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:10 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Picked up Zombie Merle and the Charred Walker to complete my Series 5 scores.  ;D

I was surprised to find these at TRU on an off-truck today, wondering if someone had stashed them or what.

I love both figures, they used a cool translucent orange plastic for the charred walker that gives him an eerie gooey appearance. Merle has one atrocious looking elbow joint on the his non-bayonet hand though, yikes.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 1, 2014, 10:13 AM »
I think I have a problem:
Passed on these for sooooo long. Which sucks now because I have held wave one in my hands numerous times year or two back when they first came out. Anyway finally caved on the Walgreens Rick a few months back. Then wanted Maggie, but found Glenn first. Then got Maggie. Then bought comic Governor. Then remembered the sports card shop by me had some WD stuff so stopped there and bought Tyreese, wave 3 Michonne and wave 2 Shane all for $13.95 a piece which is an awesome deal for Michonne and Shane. Then stopped into TRU with my 15% coupon and bought the lone Daryl/Merle 2 pack they had. And had to buy a Bicycle Girl off ebay. Good God. My wife is going to kill me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 1, 2014, 10:25 PM »
I think I have a problem:
Passed on these for sooooo long. Which sucks now because I have held wave one in my hands numerous times year or two back when they first came out. Anyway finally caved on the Walgreens Rick a few months back. Then wanted Maggie, but found Glenn first. Then got Maggie. Then bought comic Governor. Then remembered the sports card shop by me had some WD stuff so stopped there and bought Tyreese, wave 3 Michonne and wave 2 Shane all for $13.95 a piece which is an awesome deal for Michonne and Shane. Then stopped into TRU with my 15% coupon and bought the lone Daryl/Merle 2 pack they had. And had to buy a Bicycle Girl off ebay. Good God. My wife is going to kill me.

So what's the problem? ;D You definitely snagged great deals for Michonne and Shane. As long as you don't go full-on completist this line won't be too painful on the wallet. Most of the 2013 figures are relatively cheap, and McFarlane's trend seems to be releasing 3 waves per year which is pretty light. The early figures, exclusives, and variants are where the line gets pricey.

Oh, shameless plug: if you want some cheap Wave 4 figures ($10 a pop) let me know. I have some extras I want gone.  :) 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Yeah, it's a pretty manageable line, especially if you just stick with the TV figures. I sort of wish I had done that, I still flirt with the idea of dumping all my comic figures but so far it hasn't come to that yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 7, 2014, 02:48 PM »
Was surprised and delighted to find the Deluxe Set with Daryl and Motorcycle on the shelves today at my local TRU, hot off the truck. Figured this would be hitting soon but assumed I would read about someone finding it over at 'scum first. They had two out so I grabbed the one that had the best paint apps and was happy to have it, even for the $35 price tag, ouch.

The Daryl sculpt looks much improved over earlier versions. Happy hunting!