Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73729 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2014, 04:32 PM »
I was surprised and excited to find the Shane with Baseball Cap TV redux figure today at my local comic shop. No other figures, just him, but I was able to pick from 4 so I got one with nice paint apps.

I have no idea what sort of traditional stores might carry these...Walgreen's maybe?

Glad to have this though, I basically decided last night that I am only going to focus on the TV figures going forward, so this seems like a nice unspoken validation of that choice. (Collector logic)

Happy hunting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Glad to have this though, I basically decided last night that I am only going to focus on the TV figures going forward, so this seems like a nice unspoken validation of that choice. (Collector logic)

No more comic figures? Whhaaaaa? Hopefully you'll quit them after Wave 3 at least. Those figures look spectacular!

As for my recent TWD purchase, I got the SDCC figure... from 2012! I snagged the bloody Michonne with Cloak in a damaged package on eBay for a measly $15. The bubble was crushed and falling off the card, so it was perfect for me as a loose collector. I didn't want to pay the going rates for it as it wasn't "different enough", but for $15 it was a solid purchase. The cloak is a great accessory!

I should have the new Shane figure coming in the mail next week. I can't say I'm terribly excited to add it to the collection, but it's another "different enough" figure that will fit right in.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 7, 2014, 03:42 PM »
I received my SDCC exclusive Ezekiels yesterday, another fine effort on par with Negan. They are really nailing the comic line figures now...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: August 8, 2014, 09:19 AM »
For 24 hours only, get 33% off a selection of The Walking Dead action figures at Entertainment Earth!  Free shipping if you spend $79 or more! 

[ad]And thanks for shopping via our referral link - every little bit helps trying to keep this place afloat! Thanks! :) [/ad]
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01 AM »
I like these
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:47 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Saw the new comic series figures today at my local comic shop...man, those came out well. It was tough to walk away, but I've made my peace with sticking to the TV stuff.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39 PM »
Swear I posted this already in this thread, but don't see it now......
Saw Andrea and Rick. Very cool
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:47 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Picked up the Charred Zombie for $10 at a local comic con today. Will be an opener.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Looks like Walgreen's has WD figures for $9.99 a pop right now on sale. I picked up another Zombie Merle and Shane. Wish I could find some of those "flashback" figs at that price but they don't seem to have hit here yet.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Looks like Walgreen's has WD figures for $9.99 a pop right now on sale. I picked up another Zombie Merle and Shane. Wish I could find some of those "flashback" figs at that price but they don't seem to have hit here yet.

What are the "flashback" figs?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Apparently there are 3 figures being found at Walgreen's right now as part of a "flashback" wave containing Daryl, Michonne and the RV zombie. I have seen varying reports whether these are just recards of the previously released versions or actual variants. I would love to have a chance to compare up close, but they haven't made their way here yet. My buddy in FL picked up all 3 a couple of weeks ago though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Clementine!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2014, 04:55 PM »
I don't collect these figs but Clemmy is a must have.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2014, 08:29 PM »
I picked up all 3 "flashback" figures from Walgreen's today, first time I have seen them here. Daryl is the version from the motorcycle deluxe set, which had not been released single carded before. Michonne comes with new accessories, a walker-quarium with 2 pet heads. The RV Zombie appears to be more or less the same as the previous version.

Would be nice to see the next TV wave hit soon...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2014, 03:48 PM »
Anyone picking up the building sets? I'm debating them seriously, would prob help if I saw them up close. I guess TRU is starting to get them in...