Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73739 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Oooooh, another TV wave has been announced! Glenn, Maggie, Tyrese, Zombie Merle, and a charred walker.

http://www.clarktoys.com/wadetvse5cos.html

Shame they don't have an updated Rick and/or Daryl coming... as  much as i like getting new characters versus re-treads, those two REALLY aren't up to par with the recent offerings. Hopefully in the next wave.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2013, 07:48 AM »
BBTS has them up for preorder

The Renderings look nice - but I gotta stay away from this line!!!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Freaking ay!

That wave is a grand slam for sure. If the figures come out anywhere near as nice as those renderings they will look awesome. They are really making good figure choices too.

ETA on these hitting stores?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Freaking ay!

That wave is a grand slam for sure. If the figures come out anywhere near as nice as those renderings they will look awesome. They are really making good figure choices too.

ETA on these hitting stores?

The pre-orders say January, but I'm guessing there will be a 1 or 2 month delay as usual.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 11:51 AM »
I saw the new comic series at TRU last week and they looked pretty good. Riot gear Glen was the best, the Gov/Penny were cool and I liked how the one Pet Walker had interchangeable parts from the extras in Penny's set so you if you bought TWO pet walkers you could use the extra head in Penny's set to make the other one of Michonne's pets. I think they're named Terry and Mike or something like that.
Now if/when the latest TV series figs comes out, I"m gonna HAVE to get me a Maggie ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38 PM »
It looks like we will get to enjoy an exclusive Rick Grimes figure this October in addition to the fine TV Series 4 and Dixon Brother 2-pack.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=4767

The figure looks to be a pretty simple (possibly boring?) retool: the Series 1 head on the Series 2 body. It doesn't even look like the paint apps have been changed. I can't complain too much because something slightly new is better than a straight repack or repaint, and it's a smart move by McFarlane to get Rick back out on shelves. The crappy part is that the figure is a Hastings and Walgreens (WTF?) exclusive.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Man, that IS cool, but Walgreen's?!?! Has anyone EVER seen a Walking Dead figure in there? Game Stop or even TRU would have been more logical seems like.

There's a buttload of those stores around here though, so it shouldn't be hard to find at least.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2013, 12:26 PM »
Heads-up McMetal! I read that the Rick Grimes figure, along with the rest of Series 4 in some instances, is now hitting Walgreens. Price is around $13-$14. If you happen to find an extra, please keep me in mind!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Heads-up McMetal! I read that the Rick Grimes figure, along with the rest of Series 4 in some instances, is now hitting Walgreens. Price is around $13-$14. If you happen to find an extra, please keep me in mind!

Hey man, good timing - I found this today! I can def pick up an extra if you'd like. PM me and we can work out the details.

It's a pretty sweet variant, I think mine was about $13.68 total.

The first store I checked had two on the pegs - did not see any of Series 4 but I can hit a bunch more tomorrow and report back.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Hey man, good timing - I found this today! I can def pick up an extra if you'd like. PM me and we can work out the details.

It's a pretty sweet variant, I think mine was about $13.68 total.

The first store I checked had two on the pegs - did not see any of Series 4 but I can hit a bunch more tomorrow and report back.

Glad you got your figures. I actually found 2 at one store this afternoon, so I'm set. Thanks for offering to help though. They were $13.99 here, and on a shelf vs. the pegs. I didn't see normal Series 4 either.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36 PM »
I picked up almost all of TV Series 4 at Walgreen's today after work! The only one missing was Andrea.  :(

They had about 3 Carls and I was able to get one with crisp paint apps but the Gov could have been a little sharper around the hairline. They only had 1 of him and the zombies so I couldn't be choosy.

The Riot Gear Zombies are freaking excellent. I could see army building those guys even.

Seems pretty hit or miss as far as finding these though, I only saw them at 1 Walgreen's today out of 5 that I checked. (Yeah, we have a lot of those here) There are 3 more close to work I can check out tomorrow though so we'll see. Fingers crossed I can find Andrea and knock this wave out completely.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Found Rick at a Walgreen's a few days ago, but nothing else.  Out of like 6 Walgreen's that I checked, only 2 had Rick, but no Governor, no Andrea, etc.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2013, 02:52 AM »
Be sure to look along the end caps throughout the store and on the top shelves as well. On Sunday I found a display case on the top shelf of the toy aisle, and last night I almost walked empty-handed out of a store that had a full display case of 12 figures near the front checkouts. It was just luck that I looked down as I was passing the display. And both of these stores had at least 1 Rick on a peg in the toy aisle that had been there for a few days.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48 PM »
Be sure to look along the end caps throughout the store and on the top shelves as well. On Sunday I found a display case on the top shelf of the toy aisle, and last night I almost walked empty-handed out of a store that had a full display case of 12 figures near the front checkouts. It was just luck that I looked down as I was passing the display. And both of these stores had at least 1 Rick on a peg in the toy aisle that had been there for a few days.

Thanks for the tip, I finally found a full display of these at Walgreen's today too, on an island between 2 aisles. If I hadn't known to look I would have easily missed them. They had 2 Andreas, so I was able to get a less googly-eyed one. Wave complete!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2013, 05:52 PM »