Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73743 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Agree on 3.75", but partially because I'm just more into that range (1:18-ish).

I don't want to buy bigger figures really, so I just don't, even if it's material I'm all into.  You'd think more companies would pounce on that range though, since it is generally less moolah and obviously is able to pack a lot of detail and articulation, as well as accessories and such.

Agreed, just because I love 1:18 stuff, I'd buy several of each figure... some for display, others for customs.  I think it's a shame they went with the bigger scale... they could have made them detailed like the Prince of Persia figures, and really had some awesome stuff.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 02:35 PM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 09:25 AM »
These look really good...  http://www.toyark.com/news/horror-toy-news-29/walking-dead-tv-series-figures-in-stores-soon-5114/

Dang, I can't see that website at work. Does it give a street date for the TV figures? I have been looking for those everywhere, they should be out by now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Picked up both comic zombies yesterday at TRU, and almost pulled the trigger... but at this scale, I just can't do it.  It's a shame because if they were 3.75, I would buy 2-3 of each of those zombies...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 12:32 PM »
These look really good...  http://www.toyark.com/news/horror-toy-news-29/walking-dead-tv-series-figures-in-stores-soon-5114/

Dang, I can't see that website at work. Does it give a street date for the TV figures? I have been looking for those everywhere, they should be out by now.

they posted the pics and stuff on the 19th and said that the figures would be available "next week"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 2, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Thanks to a tip from a friend, I found a few of the Walking Dead Series 2 figures at TRU this morning. Of course Daryl Dixon was sold out, so God knows how long it will take me to track that #$%^& thing down.

My buddy had stashed the B/W Grimes variant for me too but apparently not well enough as it was nowhere to be found when I got by there. So that's two out of five I still need.

None of the comic shops here have gotten their allotment yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 7, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Completed Wave 2 by picking up Daryl Dixon and the B/W Grimes variant at a local comic shop Friday. (yay) They were $3 more expensive than TRU...brutal.

You know something is overpriced when it is actually cheaper at a TRU.

Haven't heard whether there are any plans for a third series of these but they certainly have plenty of good figure options left to choose from if the decide to keep it going.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 06:48 PM »
saw these today - I was actually shocked at how much bigger they were.  I knew they were bigger of course but I guess they were bigger than I anticipated.  Also, sad to say I didnt think they looked as good in person

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 07:36 AM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Or here:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MF14450A

Freaking awesome! I am LOVING all these, although would have preferred Andrea over another Rick, but whateves.

You know that Well Zombie is gonna come apart at the torso with full gut splitting action!

There's also apparently a new Rick/Michonne Bloody/B&W 2-pack coming out.

This line kicks major ass.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56 PM »
I'm hoping at some point they branch out to 3.75" scale.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Freaking awesome! I am LOVING all these, although would have preferred Andrea over another Rick, but whateves.

I would have loved Andrea, or just about any other human, before another Rick. Hopefully there won't be a Rick in every wave... as cool a character as he is, it would get very tiresome very quickly.

You know that Well Zombie is gonna come apart at the torso with full gut splitting action!

I read that the guts will be soft/squishy, which is great. While the humans are kinda iffy in the line, McFarlane is absolutely nailing the zombies and including some mostly fun (the wind-up guy sucks) play features.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 7, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I picked up the new Bloody B&W Rick Grimes/Michonne 2-pack today at the local comic shop. I selected a particularly blood splattered version...another outstanding effort by MacFarlane.  :)

Can't wait for the next series of figures!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 05:44 PM »
All I want is my very own "Maggie - the farmers' daughter" figure ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I don't have the link but the SDCC exclusive Michone has been revealed and man that's an awesome figure. Comes with bloody katana, drill and a couple other 'tools of her trade'.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"