Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73753 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Thanks for the pics.  Glenn looks awesome!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Glenn looks like a GI Joe figure in that outfit, I wonder why they went with comic version of the Gov vs TV version. Zombie Penny is nasty and gross so that means perfect. Michonne's pet zombie looks cool too!
Now we just need 'removable shirt' Maggie and 'naked Gov sex' Andrea LOL
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Glenn looks like a GI Joe figure in that outfit, I wonder why they went with comic version of the Gov vs TV version.

This whole wave is comic-themed, they alternate between producing separate waves of figures based on the comic and the show. I tend to prefer the TV-based ones, but these newest versions look awesome as well.

Count me in for one of each, no question...thanks for posting the new pics!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 09:55 AM »
"Also coming soon are TV Series 4, TV 2-pack series 1, and a Comic resin Statue."

Hell Yeah!  :D

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35 PM »
I want them to make a Glenn vs Lucille figure  >:D

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Love this show!  One of my all time favs!

Plus just saw the new ad cards at mylocal comic shop for the next season "Eye for and eye"

I just got all th various collectors edition Blu Ray's for Xmas..been watching everthing from the start again.  While the extras are really good, I jus wis there were moreof them.  Plus, I'd love to see more of the comic series in the extras, maybe some exclusve comic book stuff, or digital copies of th originals, or a nice series showing the side by side comparisons of frames in the comic vs. the TV show...characters, places, zombies, etc. etc.

All good stuff!     
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2013, 11:23 PM »
My friend called me this morning to report he saw two cases of Wave 3 fresh off the truck at TRU this morning. He asked if I wanted him to stash any and I said not, don't worry about it. By the time I got by there this evening, there was one Michonne left.  :(

She looks great, but I had had to pick just one to find, it would have been Merle. This TRU is notoriously suck at restocking WD figures, so my best bet is probably the comic shop route now.

Glad to see they reduced the packaging with this wave, I am starting to get pressed on space for this line already.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 12:35 AM »
My friend called me this morning to report he saw two cases of Wave 3 fresh off the truck at TRU this morning. He asked if I wanted him to stash any and I said not, don't worry about it. By the time I got by there this evening, there was one Michonne left.  :(

She looks great, but I had had to pick just one to find, it would have been Merle. This TRU is notoriously suck at restocking WD figures, so my best bet is probably the comic shop route now.

Glad to see they reduced the packaging with this wave, I am starting to get pressed on space for this line already.

Check out Gamestop if you have one around. I found Wave 3 at four local stores, and for only $13 per figure. Unfortunately they are only getting the Autopsy Zombie at 1 per case, but the rest of the figures are at least doubled up so you should be able to have a relatively easy time getting the other three.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56 PM »
Check out Gamestop if you have one around. I found Wave 3 at four local stores, and for only $13 per figure. Unfortunately they are only getting the Autopsy Zombie at 1 per case, but the rest of the figures are at least doubled up so you should be able to have a relatively easy time getting the other three.

Dude, thanks for this great suggestion!

We have like 20 Gamestops around here. The first one I hit up at lunch had all of Wave 3 in a display at the counter, and I was able to pick up everything I needed, and for a sweet $12.99 as you mentioned. =WINNING  ;D

I hope they continue to stock this stuff with future waves, maybe even some of the 2 and 3-packs.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Dude, thanks for this great suggestion!

We have like 20 Gamestops around here. The first one I hit up at lunch had all of Wave 3 in a display at the counter, and I was able to pick up everything I needed, and for a sweet $12.99 as you mentioned. =WINNING  ;D

I hope they continue to stock this stuff with future waves, maybe even some of the 2 and 3-packs.

Glad you found what you were looking for! One extremely helpful employee hooked me up with a list of what Gamestop will be offering toy-wise from now until late August, and unfortunately there is no more Walking Dead. Be prepared to go elsewhere (Barnes and Noble?) for the comic Wave 2 and any upcoming multipacks. Hopefully they will be back with Series 4 though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Dang, makes sense though I guess...seems like they are trying to hype the new first-person shooter WD video game coming out next month.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51 PM »
I just got Michonne and her two pets from a fellow collector.  They display quite well together.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50 PM »
OMG, McFarlane just confirmed on Talking Dead that we're getting an Andrea figure this year! (Maybe September?)

This was #1 on my list of the remaining TV characters to be made. Good times.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:51 PM by McMetal »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 11:33 PM »
OMG, McFarlane just confirmed on Talking Dead that we're getting an Andrea figure this year! (Maybe September?)

This was #1 on my list of the remaining TV characters to be made. Good times.

Yep, Andrea is apart of Wave 4 which was announced back at Toy Fair. The other figures in the wave will be Carl, The Governor, and two Riot Gear zombies. Carl was actually on display as an early prototype sample, but the other four figures were merely pictured on a placard. It should be a solid wave though and I'm looking forward to it.