Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73750 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #135 on: March 7, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Was surprised and delighted to find the Deluxe Set with Daryl and Motorcycle on the shelves today at my local TRU, hot off the truck. Figured this would be hitting soon but assumed I would read about someone finding it over at 'scum first. They had two out so I grabbed the one that had the best paint apps and was happy to have it, even for the $35 price tag, ouch.

The Daryl sculpt looks much improved over earlier versions. Happy hunting!

Nice to know the motorcycle is beginning to arrive. Hopefully online retailers get them soon. I think $35 is the normal price, so I don't think you overpaid.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 7, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Why did you have to post that?  :P I am not going to run to TRU after I just bought the Dixons 2 pack..... I am not going to run to TRU..... I am not
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Best offered someone on ebay for a color Negan and they accepted cheaper than I was expecting so he arrived today. Now I just need to read like 60 more comics and I will get to his character.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2014, 03:45 PM »
Don't know if this is anyone's cup of tea, but I saw wave 5 of the mini mates at TRU today. Including TRU exclusive sets, one with Abraham and one with Eugene.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2014, 10:44 AM »
I'm still looking for the elusive Maggie from the recent wave but my tru hasn't received anything since the last wave before christmas.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2014, 04:41 PM »
I saw a bunch of the newest wave at a comic convention today for $14.99 each, which is pretty terrific for con pricing. They also had the Daryl and motorcycle set for $40. Our TRU never re-stocked that item after they sold the initial case weeks ago.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 1, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Skybound SDCC exclusive will be Ezekiel!

Guess they are doing color and B&W versions ala Negan.

I kinda wish they would get off the comic figs and do an TV-based exclusive, but I guess that is a licensing deal.

At least this one should not be too difficult or pricey to obtain. I have always had good luck picking up their exclusives in the past.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 1, 2014, 10:06 PM »
The Ezekiel figure looks good. Hopefully it will be easy to acquire like the Negan figure.

I can't say I mind getting more comic figures as exclusives since we have only been getting one wave of mass retail figures each year, but I also feel that the exclusive route would be the only way for minor TV characters like T-Dog or Martinez to get made. It probably is a licensing issue though as Skybound is providing the exclusive, not AMC.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: July 8, 2014, 05:19 PM »
McFarlane announces Walking Dead brick building sets...

TEMPE, Ariz., July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Famed artist and award-winning toy designer Todd McFarlane and McFarlane Toys are unveiling a revolutionary evolution in brick building toys based on television's most watched drama, AMC's The Walking Dead. Known as a game-changer for its realistic action figures, including those based on The Walking Dead, McFarlane Toys is adding a new licensed category to the company's portfolio. The new The Walking Dead toys will extend McFarlane's high standards of artistic vision, realistic accuracy and incredible detail into the brick building toy aisle alongside of other leading manufacturers. McFarlane Toys' The Walking Dead building sets and figures will be available this fall only at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com

McFarlane Toys Unveils Revolutionary Brick Building Sets for AMC’s The Walking Dead

The initial McFarlane Toys' The Walking Dead brick building line will feature realistic sculpts, light-up and shaped features, iconic environments, and dozens of your fan-favorite characters and walkers. Both collectors and fans of the cult phenomenon can literally recreate their favorite scenes with this new highly detailed and realistic The Walking Dead product line.

"Twenty years ago I walked into the action figure aisle, saw an artistic void, and asked, can these toys look cooler? The answer was yes, they could, and I've survived twenty years next to the big boys creating those artistic toys," said McFarlane. "Now I'm walking into another aisle with that same question, and the answer is still yes!"

"Will these be the best building sets out there? I'll leave it up to the consumer to decide," said McFarlane. "But, will it look cooler? Yes. Will it be more detailed? Absolutely. Will it be more realistic? I guarantee it!"

The Walking Dead series one product line will feature building sets, expansion packs, and figure blind bags for consumers to build their own The Walking Dead apocalypse:

The Building Sets: MSRP $9.99-64.99 – Daryl Dixon with Chopper, The Governor's Room, and Prison Tower with Gate. Expand your brick building apocalypse with additional figure and accessory packs.

Blind Bag Figures: MSRP $2.99 – Daryl Dixon, Michonne, The Governor, Carl Grimes, Riot Gear Walker, Michonne's Pet Walker, and Herd Walkers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 8, 2014, 05:26 PM »
I'm not so sure about this concept, but I plan to pick up a few blind bagged figures and maybe a smaller set to test the line. The images immediately made me think of gaming miniatures and Christmas village scenes... not sure if that's a good reaction. On the plus side this should be a great way to build a massive zombie horde without breaking the budget or taking over the entire display space.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 8, 2014, 09:43 PM »
So THIS is the new scaled WD toy they have been hinting at...are these more like the 2" GOTG figures?

The environments look cool, but I'm not sold on the concept either. I guess it's more like hyper realistic Legos?

Not sure if I have the space or $$$ to jump in on these, but it's an intriguing concept...I applaud them for trying something new at least.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42 PM »
I like what I've seen of the two sets but I cant say if I'll pick any of them up or not.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28 PM »
SDCC Skybound exclusive Ezekiel figure(s) should be going up for sale at some point soon at their website if anyone is interested...I guess they will announce via Twitter when sales are open. This is one of the few SDCC exclusives I didn't preorder this year, so I will be watching this closely. Good luck to all!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36 PM »
SDCC Skybound exclusive Ezekiel figure(s) should be going up for sale at some point soon at their website if anyone is interested...I guess they will announce via Twitter when sales are open. This is one of the few SDCC exclusives I didn't preorder this year, so I will be watching this closely. Good luck to all!

Ezekiel is up man!

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-walking-dead-ezekiel-action-figure

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2014, 03:24 PM »

Ezekiel is up man!

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/products/the-walking-dead-ezekiel-action-figure

Thanks dude!!

I got caught up at work and only just now saw this but I was just able to successfully order both of them. $5 shipping is a lot better than what I shelled out for the Negans.

I'm 3-for-3 so far on sdcc exclusives!