Author Topic: Mattel Batman  (Read 51592 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Mattel Batman
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2003, 10:54 AM »
They basically have to do a Catwoman figure, don't they ;)

I certainly hope so!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: November 3, 2003, 12:08 PM »
Mister Freeze and some Bat variants are now out.  Saw the variants on the pegs no Mister Freeze

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: November 4, 2003, 02:08 PM »
Yeah, Mr Freeze is one per case.

The asortment apparently goes like this:
5x Ice Armor Batman
5x That Silly Orange Colored Batman
1x Zipline Batman
1x Mr Freeze

Retarded. Absolutely retarded.
This line'll probably die a long drawn-out death like MOTU as well. Oh well, at least DC Direct is bringing out 'Hush' figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 4, 2003, 04:47 PM »
Finally found a Joker today, months after looking.  I still haven't seen the Mr. Freeze and have yet to find the Robin fig as well.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 5, 2003, 01:16 PM »
Now there's a rumor that Mr. Freeze is left out of every other case in favor of Robin, ala the whole Joker fiasco of the first series. It's a rumor, but I wouldn't put it past Mattel to shove it up the collector's asses like that. ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 09:26 AM »
I've seen this case firsthand at my local Target. Thanks for nothing, Mattel.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2003, 03:02 PM »
Canada sucks.  Oops, said that before.  Sorry.

Anyway, the Killer Croc wave has finally started showing up (in all it's infinite wisdom, Walmart started putting them out after Christmas ::))  Not that I want much out of this wave, but if it's anything like the previous wave, I should be able to find some spare Killer Croc's and Robin's if anyone needs them.  

You need to say so here because I'm tired of picking things up only to return them.  Two Robins, three Jokers and two Hobgoblin's (yeah, different line).  

:)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2004, 10:44 AM »
I have given up on this line, Mattel needs to get a clue and take a page out of Toy Biz's book on how to run a successful Toy Business ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2004, 11:54 AM »
Specifically the fact that there are so many ridiculous Batman figures and only one of the more 'desirable' figures per case?  I'm still completely unclear on the point of a green Robin figure.  A buddy picked up a Mr. Freeze for me so only need Killer Croc and that's just a matter of time.  

This line reminds me of modern MOTU with the case assortments.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2004, 09:34 AM »
Although I'm not a Batman collector, I do really like the character and try to keep up on the movies/cartoons/toys.  I just saw this over at TNI this morning, some pics of the figure line accompanying the new "The Batman" cartoon series.  Check out the new Batcave, that looks like one heck of a playset!  If only Hasbro could do something this big for Star Wars.

You can see the rest of it here, I might be tempted to pick up the Batman at least, kind of a neat look.

"The Batman" Toys

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2004, 02:26 AM »
I scored a Mr. Freeze at KB last week, and after opening it, I gotta say it isn't all that great.

Meh.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Anyone else appreciate the irony that the hardest-to-find figure this Winter is Mister Freeze? This should be HIS season, man.

I actually prefer the look of the standard version over the chase, but I'll pick up either one of I ever find them.
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 02:52 PM »
Seems like there are new packaged versions out at Wally World (with Comics???) that supposedly make Croc and Him easier to find...funny, not here in the US Ice Box :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Seems like there are new packaged versions out at Wally World (with Comics???) that supposedly make Croc and Him easier to find...funny, not here in the US Ice Box :-\

Weird.  There are lots of Mr Freeze chase on ebay, but most are not with comic, a Walmart exclusive.  Shouldn't that make the w/o comic harder to find?  I dunno, I can't follow this line.  I have both versions of Mr. Freeze and see a fair number of Crocs now so I really don't bother following.  I'm a little ticked at the flood of Freeze chase though, I had hoped to trade mine for several SW figs ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2004, 03:47 PM »
I don't know if it is the fact of seeing new stuff at Toy Fair, or that I caught a few episodes of Justice League on Cartoon Network lately, but I have been in a "Batman mood" lately.  I used to be a big fan, but kind of got out of comics and that sort of thing awhile back.  I still caught the Justice League cartoon for awhile, because I think it is pretty well done.  Anyways, while out shopping last weekend...and since no Star Wars was to be found, I decided to pick up the Zipline Batman.  It is nice to have a Batman figure on the desk here, and this really is a great figure (even though I am way behind and most of you have had this for months).  I have been debating whether or not to try to collect more of the line (not all the Bat-variants), but it usually doesn't sound like it is too fun to find these (thanks to Mattel).  Any current collectors out there?  What do you think of the line?  I'm interested to see what the new "The Batman" figures and show are going to be like.  I miss watching the Animated Series that used to be on.  Anyways, it is nice reading all of your comments on the line here, thanks!