Author Topic: Things I never noticed before  (Read 7407 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Things I never noticed before
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2012, 03:40 PM »
space slugs internal atmoshpere is easy
HE HAD GAS!

But that has to be one hell of a dense asteroid if ( as it appears) it has near Earth gravity!
s slick trick would have been to use some slowed down footage or something on the external shots during that sequence to give it that apollo moon walk feel.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 6, 2012, 09:15 PM »
While watching the opening scene from Jedi, I caught for the first time (never crossed my mind) that the Vader's shuttle comes from a regular Star Destroyer and not Executor.  I wonder why that is?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: October 6, 2012, 11:50 PM »
I always figured Vader's busy with the Fleet doing stuff and decides to hitch a ride on a Destroyer destined for the DS2 while the Executor keeps doing whatever it was doing.  He was just there to whip everyone into shape, but not take the flagship to do it, ya know?  Maybe just hitch a ride on a Destroyer bringing personnel to the station or whatnot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #18 on: October 9, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Mon Mothma mentions that the fleet is spread across the galaxy in a vain attempt to engage the rebels, so I would assume the Executor is busy.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52 PM »
While watching the opening scene from Jedi, I caught for the first time (never crossed my mind) that the Vader's shuttle comes from a regular Star Destroyer and not Executor.  I wonder why that is?

I would think about it more from a cinematic standpoint:  what's the opening shot of A New Hope?  The Star Destroyer!  That opening shot of ANH that follows the crawl is the Tantive IV and that massive form of the Star Destroyer's hull as it flies over the camera.  That shot blew the minds of many a movie-goer.

George Lucas is very much about these recurring themes in his films.  And I suspect that the opening to Return of the Jedi with the tilt down to the Death Star II and Endor, followed by the Star Destroyer passing overhead is that recurring theme returning, effectively bookending ANH and ROTJ.

I suspect that the Imperial Star Destroyer was used specifically for that cinematic device, and not for any particular plot point.  And to that end, it may have also been an instance where the Star Destroyer model was much more appropriate for that shot than the model for the Executor.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Yeah, I suppose if they went with the Executor, it would take about 5 minutes before they got to the docking bay.  ;)