Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107649 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2011, 11:50 PM »
episode 7 season 4: all watchers wanted to see more of Anakin
Krell is arrogant, he contradicts the Jedi way.
More, he is presented as a bad strategist cause led the clones to hold a difficult position in battle.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2011, 04:39 AM »
Krell's gonna bite it by the end of this arc. It's kinda a given.

Something tells me we'll get an episode on whatever Palpatine recalls Anakin for. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21 AM »
I suspect that Anakin was recalled specifically so that Palpatine could place Krell in command of the 501st.  Give them a poor Jedi commander in order to build animosity between that Clone unit and the Jedi in general.  But have Anakin come back and save the day and the 501st.  Elevate Anakin specifically in the eyes of the troopers of the 501st, so that when Order 66 comes down they will continue to be loyal to Anakin, but prepared to take out any other Jedi.

That is after all, one of the more significant hanging plot points of ROTS.  Why would Clone Troopers eliminate every Jedi in their proximity, but not Anakin Skywalker?  How would the troops of the 501st be privy to Anakin's switch in allegiance?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:30 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Something tells me we'll get an episode on whatever Palpatine recalls Anakin for.

I was wondering the same thing myself.

In the movies though, they established that Palpatine was mentoring Anakin for some time, so we may never see what went on, just know that Palpatine recalling Anakin was one of those times where he wanted to mentor Anakin on a certain point/topic/principle.

Like Nick said, it's also entirely possible, that he pulled Anakin so that Krell and the 501st fail. If you are manipulating a war and you want the war to continue so that all sides are eventually weakened, you have to allow for victories on both sides, not just one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #139 on: November 5, 2011, 08:36 AM »
Last night's episode was probably the best of the series in my opinion. The battle was so frantic at times I think I actually had goosebumps. The Umbaran technology is really cool especially those huge crawling cannons and the fighters (which look very familiar for some reason). When watching the clones fly them I was almost expecting one or both to do a death blossom type of maneuver to take out the Umbaran assault.

The tight zoom in on Krell was a great bit of foreshadowing to his possible fate. I can't wait to see how this arc pays everything off.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2011, 01:13 PM »
It was very intense, and great that they're finally doing some more eps about the actual clone wars as the series title suggests. I'm also really looking forward to see how the whole Krell thing plays out, I'd really like to know if he's a jedi twisted by the wars, or if he's always been a jerk. Very good eps though, I'd really love to see more like this. Eps like this make me want to buy more clones.  :P

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 5, 2011, 06:16 PM »
I believe either Rex or Fives is going to frag Krell. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #142 on: November 6, 2011, 01:36 PM »
I agree, this arc is as good as the show has been in a LONG time and maybe ever.  The cinematography alone is outstanding - some of these shots! - but finally, the story.  The story is great.  Now are getting into the reality of what it means to be a clone.  You are a product of a society that values only itself.  Not life.  If it did, the Republic would find the manufacture of living beings for the sole purpose of war disgusting.  The clones have never questioned this - until now.  Rex specifically represents the soldier POV, and this is his conflict.  He lives to serve.  Fives represents common sense.  He's a man.  A free one?

This arc has been laid out very carefully actually - Cut LaQuane, Kamino, and others - and I can't wait to see where it leads.  I also loved in last night's show the visual homages to ROTK as the Umbarran tanks stepped on the clones.  Some shots were echoes of the Battle of Pellanor and specifically the charge of the Mumakil.  Great stuff.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 6, 2011, 01:53 PM »
I haven't seen the episodes yet, but if the Umbarrans are fighting the Republic... you wonder if there's any mention of Sly Moore?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 6, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Or Dinty Moore, since the Rex is stewing with anger.  :D

It was cool to seen some superiour tech kicking the Republic's butt. So much of the Droid army's weapons are easily taken out. The centipede machines were bit video gamey, but not too bad.

I'm surprised they have any AT-RT's left, they seem like death traps and literally walking targets.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 6, 2011, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, that was easily as good as the last episode if not better. Goldmine of toy fodder in these episodes, the fighters in particular look well scaled for the mid-size line.

I think, more than any others, these episodes have been successful in humanizing the clones pretty convincingly. They've definitely been building to this, but the payoff is more satisfying than expected. Credit to the writing.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 6, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I think they will kill fives by the end of the arc, which has been awesome by he way, not that they have not killed enough clones in these episodes, but I can see the emotional effect of killing of a character that has become dear to many of us will show the sacrifices that the clones are making for the republic. I find myself rooting for fives because he is the last survivor from the Rookies episode. That episode sold me on the show, this arc helps extend that. I hope Filoni is getting the feedback that fans love these episodes, and if Hasbro is smart they will be burning the lamp oil well into the night on cranking out the dozens of toys that could all be big sellers from this episode. I still can't by enough figures from Landing at Point rain. I am hoping these are made as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 7, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Krell is a douche.  Hope they off him by the end of the arc.  Nice to see a return to "CLONE WARS" type episodes though.  Those walking tank things were pretty cool looking.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 7, 2011, 11:04 AM »
I would think the Council would find Krell's way of handling clones as pawns instead of living creatures as unorthodoxed. Perhaps Krell will be shunned by the Jedi? It'd be an interesting route than killing him... and hopefully he doesn't become a pawn of the Sith. Too many of them running around.

But anyways, pretty good episodes. Love the dark feel of it all, literally and figuratively. Love that Hardcase is a bit like Hudson. And I love that they are fighting the Umbarrans and not the droid armies.

I'm still perplexed that Palpatine would have a traitor as an aide, unless Ms Moore has been shunned by her own people (though that would be getting back to the political side of the Clone Wars no one cares about).

I think Rex buys it at the end of the arc, or pretty soon, since Appo is now in the group.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2011, 11:05 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 7, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Somehow I don't think they are ready to kill Rex yet.

Not all Umbarans are seperatists. There was an Umbaran senator in season 2 or 3, IIRC, that was pro-Republic. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mee_Deechi Maybe his murder pushed them away from the Republic?

The whole thing is messy. We had Tikkes on the Seperatist council, then in season4 here the Quarren just decide to join the Seperatists...briefly. Umm....what?