Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107169 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2011, 01:30 AM »
Nice duel on Shadows warrior preview, but only something that could have been avoided

Dooku give his back as a direct target in two risky maneauvers before Anakin.

He could has been slashed or thrusted by a saber blade for initiating the fights with that moves.

But it´s ok: the dark side controls everything, even the coreography.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Dooku has Magna guards backing him up, though. Since the Sith cheat at duels.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Minor spoilers for DARK WARRIOR (not sure what that title has to do with anything).

Tonight's Seperatist conspirator was named after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_Richelieu.

Good episode...more happened here than in that entire last story ark. Though, the idea was almost a retread of that and Bombad Jedi.

Padme's teen clothes still fit her.

How damned pathetic is the Republic that Seperatist forces land on Naboo unopposed?

They should of saved this episode for TPM rerelease. Can always rerun it.

I saw of lot of potential for toys they'll never make.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 11:40 PM »
Wow. This episode was better than the last three. The Gungan vs. Grievous duel was intense!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 1, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Finally watched the episode 4th

Nice duel betwwen Anakin and Dooku, but not the best one. (Dooku cheated with his magna guards and the scenery was a bit dark)

The capture of Grievous was something unexpected, but less shoking than that Vader capture before anh on the
game TFU 2, which most OT fans do not accept all as cannon. (Due to the order of some events)

I think they shouldn´t have killed Tarpals, cause Jar Jar will lack from support in newest episodes or seasons.

BTW, watchable.  :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 1, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Cardinal Richalieu's  Rish Loo's Secret lair is a BIG STONE FACE ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN.

Anakin gets captured and tortured in two storylines in a row. What a loser.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 4, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Meh, completely disposable, I barely even remember what happened. I did like the Gungans schooling Grievous. That was pretty sweet. I'd like to think we'd get an animated Tarpals, but at this point I don't think it even matters anymore.

So I guess it's actually between THAT episode and ROTS where Anakin's powers doubled?  ::) Yeah, that might be nice to start thinking about doubling your powers because for being the most powerful Jedi ever you sure seem to get your ass handed to you a lot.

Just once I would like to see some Jedi pull some kick-ass Starkiller moves, like the Force Explosion or throwing the lightsabers, telekinesis, some cool stuff like that. Their attacks are so predictable.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #82 on: October 4, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Every week I get closer and closer to taking this series out of my DVR's to do list.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: October 4, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I'm actually really glad the Starkiller stuff remains in the EU, and doesn't creep into the series...  It's too over-the-top to me.

I thought it was neat to see Dooku "caught off guard", sort of, when Anakin threw all the Magna Guards off him...  He got his ass handed to him, but it took a Sith Lord of some power + a gaggle of guards to do it.

I liked the Tarpals angle but seeing his demise was odd...  A little sad.  But he gave himself up for a good reason.  An actual cool Gungan?  Who'da thunk it?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 5, 2011, 11:52 PM »
So I guess it's actually between THAT episode and ROTS where Anakin's powers doubled?  ::) Yeah, that might be nice to start thinking about doubling your powers because for being the most powerful Jedi ever you sure seem to get your ass handed to you a lot.

I actually think it's a good lead-in for their duel in ROTS - I mean, the fact that Dooku was obviously shocked that Anakin didn't stop there and then Dooku taking that breather at the end really shows that he's aware Anakin's more powerful. Sure, Anakin got his ass handed to him, but it really remakes the ROTS duel... I'm just hoping that Filoni doesn't add another Dooku vs. Anakin fight before the series ends.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 6, 2011, 09:47 AM »
I still feel as though Anakin has faced off against Dooku TOO MANY times.  There's the duel in AOTC, another in TCW animated feature, and again this past week.  It does seem to diminish lightsaber duels in general.  They're not supposed to be a common occurrance.  And yet we've got 4 or more villains in the mix who are armed with lightsabers. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 7, 2011, 10:20 PM »
DROIDS THE LOST EPISODES....R2-D2 and C-3PO meet Ents and suffer racist clones.

While not bad per se, it didn't do much for me. "Oh, great, it's gonna be one of those episodes..." er..."planets".

5 episodes in the season and no Obi-Wan...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #87 on: October 8, 2011, 10:23 AM »
This episode was well directed and made good use of the droids.  But like everything else on the show now, it's very slight.  The attitude of the clones was off putting - mostly because it wasn't contested that much. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 9, 2011, 10:20 PM »
I bet Adam Pawlus loved this episode, as he, like me, is a sucker for lost "DROIDS" episodes.

Kind of fun and mindless, but ultimately a bit of a waste. I feel like they spin their wheels sometime trying to make simple points. (IE: Clones are starting to turn bad)

The underground things were creepy and cool, but I'm too jaded to even enjoy that kind of stuff anymore because all I can think is, that would make a really cool toy and there is no way they will ever do it.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Some ok elements, but kind of dumb.

LIked Wolfe's duds though.  He'd make a slick new Clone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77