Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106944 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2011, 11:46 PM »
First impressions:

Kit Fisto acted as Namour, was the one who could stand the shark guy.

Shrak guy more animalistic than other species, he attacks with his head, bites, etc. His suit isolates blaster. Perhaps he deserves a battle with Anakin.

The predominance of dark background underwater, sometimes confusing animation.

Calamari and Quarrens don´t wear boot or shoes under water. A detail that fits with their submarine cities.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Meh...Not a good start to the season, but its good to have new episodes airing again.  Just gotta feel bad for the kids who can't find good CW figs on the pegs.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 08:30 PM »
If they'd actually bothered to ship Aqua-Droids in real numbers. Yeah, it's coming back at one per case. Not enough to cover those who missed them the first time around.

Someone pointed out a scene that  was stupid in the these episodes, the tube breaks and the prince's Mon Cal guards appear to fall to their doom...underwater? What?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:32 PM by scockery »

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Here is my Marvel "No Prize" on the tubes... They have a current system that allows for quicker travel. The guards were behind where the tube was cut, and would have been pushed out into water. For anyone who has ever spent time in a riptide it is not too hard to believe that they were pushed off into darker water. Ahsoka and the prince swim off before they have a chance to swim back and come back into frame.
I agree, a bit of a stretch but this is the answer we would get from Filoni if we asked.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 03:46 PM »
I didn't mind the episode...  I'm looking at it as, like I was thinking, a "2nd battle of Mon Cal" during the war...  The first one taking place early in the war when everyone's picking sides, things settled down then, but picked back up later on in the war.

I thought the underwater stuff was a little confusing, and I was disappointed they didn't have dry places inside the cities so the hero characters weren't CONSTANTLY in swim suits.  When do they sleep?  How?  It's just weird.  I'd have preferred seeing some interior then that wasn't just water, but that's me.  They're amphibious obviously, they can easily live in both environments, so yeah.

On the tube thing, I thought they got pulled down by the suction of the thing that hit the tube?  That seemed plausible to me anyway.

The "young leader" thing is tired...  It almost seemed like they were trying a WW2 British thing with the Ackbar/Prince characters.

I love the Shark guy...  It's JediMAC's dream Star Wars character I think, and I liked his competence, and loyalty.  Cool all around.

Loved the underwater speeders for an air of "space" combat underwater.

I can do without seeing space combat with this situation and just assume it's going on, or that the Seps/Republic are both stretched so thin that neither is willing to engage their ships in orbit, and are just avoiding each other as best as possible.  Considering this is STAR WARS though, it'd be nice to see more space combat.  Season 1 had more, and it was a highlight every time IMO.

The "Independance Day" nod was kind of dumb I thought.  Why is crashing that thing into the Jelly Fish of Doom more effective than shooting it?  Do the Mon Cal/Quarren not have large artillery of any kind?

I too didn't like the scope of this...  One could maybe assume more is going on elsewhere, but yeah, this felt small in scope/scale. 

Would've liked to have seen some more of the Tartakovsky designs get re-used like the sea horse cavalry.  That battle actually was more epic.  Go figure.

I am not a big fan of JUST aqua droid replacing all the droids from Tartakovsky either.  There were cool designs there, and why wouldn't a regular BD function?  Specialized ones I get totally, but regulars could function too, especially with their little speeders they had, or some larger under water vehicles would've been even cooler (sub-like tanks, etc.).

Not great...  no Landing at Point Rain, but not the worst by any means.  Curious to see how this season progresses.  I wasn't underwhelmed, but I wasn't floored either.  Just kind of intrigued on the future of the season is all.  Besides the speeder things, I saw nothing great in the realm of toys.  Well, I would buy the shark guy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02 PM »
I got bored with the episode and stopped it about 3/4 the way in.  I don't think it really needed to be an "hour" long and the somewhat blurriness of them being underwater didn't argee with my eyes for some reason.

Does Kit Fisto smile in each episode he's in?

Shark guy was cool though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37 PM »
I love the Shark guy...  It's JediMAC's dream Star Wars character I think, and I liked his competence, and loyalty.  Cool all around.

I was impressed at how shark guy seemingly was running around biting everyone he saw, but there was pretty much no blood due to the rating...  just lots of bubbles everywhere.

Both of my five-year olds agree with you 100%, JJ - shark guy was "the best bad guy since that blue guy with the hat and funny robot - you know, Carbane".
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:37 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Cars on the brain with Carbane? :)

I'm glad I'm in tune with the youngsters.  I think it somehow makes my opinion on what makes a cool toy more valid now.  ;D  I bet they like Rebel Fleet Troopers too, right?  Right.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:44 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2011, 11:11 PM »
The episode were good but not great.  I didn't care for the whole bathtub look to it (like it was film in a bathtub water), Gungans were cool but I felt they were wasted, they should been saved for the third episode.  No Rex in his scuba gear,  hopefully I am jumping the gun on Rex.  and last the third episode we all know that Ahsoka and the Calamari prince is going to save the day. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Liked: Ackbar Wand! It actually does something!
          Karkodons
          Awesome Indy nod: "Eels - very dangerous" I was waiting for "you go first"...
          Awesome Jaws nod at the end - Also waiting for "Smile you son of a b..."

And SPOILER ALERT - (SORRY) - They finally freaking killed the bad guy! Hallelujah! I've been waiting for that for like, forever.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Nice resolution to the conflict. Aqua speeder served as good devices, bringing variety to the background, but action happened a bit pressed.

So Calamari prince needed a bomb knife to kill Shark guy?
It resembles Jaws, but enough funny for the show.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Mediocre at best arc, went on an ep too long. The Quarren come off as easily mislead fools. Padme was around soley for being placed in jeopardy. In the movies, Dooku was supposed to be charismatic, here he's a thug delegating power to Tamson who is of course, a thug. Hard to make the seperatist cause convincing when they are outright jerks to the people they are supposedly trying to win over.

Also, while I know it hardly matters for the sake of a cartoon, but how do the aquatic aliens talk underwater?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:01 PM by scockery »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2011, 01:56 AM »
Here's a MAJOR spoiler for next weeks episode titled Shadow Warrior for those they may want to watch it.

You've been warned. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlAc5sDR48&feature=player_embedded

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 05:33 AM »
Here's a MAJOR spoiler for next weeks episode titled Shadow Warrior for those they may want to watch it.

You've been warned. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlAc5sDR48&feature=player_embedded

Is the Gungan fighting Grievous who I think it is...?

The last 3 episodes had no real depth to them like the Savage Opress arc of episodes did.

And was it Filoni or the Separatists that never really thought out the plans for the clone prisoners? Think about it: they're all underwater, kept alive presumably by oxygen tanks. Those tanks must fail/run out eventually, right? I would have liked to seen the Separatists at their worst by disconnecting all of the clones' apparatus and thus drowning them in the process.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:58 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2011, 02:33 PM »
Yeah it's the Gungan you think it is. :)