Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107197 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2011, 09:42 PM »
It's just too weak for words, really. There's about 99 different ways that this sucks but I'm too weary of the whole thing anymore to even work up a good rant about it. It cheapens Obi-Wan's legacy; it defies all common sense and reasonable suspension of disbelief; it further reinforces the absurd trend that only good guys die on this show and villains just multiply, etc, etc.

It's just crass revisionism of the worst variety. Sorry that Lucas created such a cool character and then immediately killed him off, but that's the way the ball bounced. Deal with it. Need to pump the fanboy well for some love? Fine, delve into his backstory. Do some flashback shiite, whatever. But COME ON - dude was severed in two fing pieces! And dropped down an enormous nuclear silo or whatever that thing was. I mean , done. End of story.

Just stupid, stupid, stupid.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2011, 11:56 PM »
 ::)

I think Clone Wars has officially jumped the shark
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2011, 12:29 AM »
Anyone who saw the Savage Oppress episodes knew this travesty was coming.  Now you know why none of the Clone Wars series has made it into my DVD/Blu Ray collection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Doesn't having Maul around violate the Sith rule of two? Assuming Palpatine is ignorant of Maul's survival, can or cannot Palpatine sense when someone is strong in the darkside? He sure decided it was time to off Ventress. Though, he was unaware she survived (at least until Dooku knew). Hmmm...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Sith math jokes are what we're reduced to.  :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2011, 09:19 PM »
NOMAD DROIDS was fluff but was better than the previous one.  The pit droids were amusing.

In two weeks, part one of a 4 parter with the Not-Dexter Jettster Jedi...yikes, 4 parts is a good chunk of a 22 episode season.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2011, 10:28 PM »
I am catching up on this season and finished 3 and 4 last night.

I was surprised in Episode 3 how the Separatists aren't being subtile that the Quarrens are being used. I would assume they would be helpful until the war is won and then crush the Quarrens' freedom.

Episode 4 just seemed rushed... just to get to the hostage scene (because Grievous has a bigger picture, etc). And once they do the exchange, it looks like the Gungans repaired Grievous back to his former self, where Anakin was lifeless.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 03:13 AM »
I've lost all faith in this series. The blantantly obvious homage to 'The Wizard of Oz' is kinda lame when you get down to the fact that this is Star Wars, and not some other kid's cartoon.

Tartakovsky's 2003 series was TCW at its best. Now we have this new series destroying all that previously-established canon and including lame plot points. I'd say the only thing I'm looking forward to from this series now is the Darth Maul storyline. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2011, 09:27 PM »
I loved Friday's episode.  Just watched it after some downtime, and it had me laughing...  I liked how the droids powered down and had a nice "moment" together showing how much they care about each other.  I liked seeing 3PO hooked up to a power cord (explains his circle on his gut).

I loved the Pit Droids too, having "slaves" with the organics...  They were just too funny.  It made them almost more interesting than in the movie, that's for sure.

Good episode for what it was.  Far better than last week which is odd since it was more of the same too, yet was somehow just vastly superior.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2011, 10:09 PM »
This week's episode seemed to draw on a few things.  First, the droids in a Y-Wing.  That totally took me back to the animated segment from the Holiday Special.

Then there's the first segment.  Filoni's homage to Gulliver's Travels anyone?  That certainly seemed to be the direction of the first planet.

The second planet was clearly a tip of the hat to the Wizard of Oz.  And with Pit Droids as the Wizard?  There does seem to be some love within Lucasfilm for the Pit Droids, because they're something of an homage to the Three Stooges.  That kind of slapstick is a nice bit of comic relief.  Especially with the turn the series is about to take.

I got to catch up with Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) at NY Comic Con today.  And she asked me what I thought of the season so far.  I told her that I thought the characters needed to face some real danger, and seeing Captain Tarpals demise seemed to indicate that things are going to get serious.  She said that the next story arc of 4 episodes is going to get more serious, but couldn't eleborate much beyond that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:09 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2011, 10:18 PM »
I got to catch up with Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) at NY Comic Con today.  And she asked me what I thought of the season so far.  She said that the next story arc of 4 episodes is going to get more serious, but couldn't eleborate much beyond that.

Ahsoka dies??? (no, probably not, but wouldn't that be sad)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I asked no such question, and Ashley was very clear about the fact that she couldn't say much at all.  I pretty much figured out that she was talking about the story arc with the Clones & General Krell on Umbara.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I think these past 2 episodes have been a little high on the whimsy factor, but compared to some of the previous seasons' low points they're still not all that bad. Seems pretty clear there is little to no toy fodder to be mined from these DROIDS esque adventures though.

Why is everything off next Friday? No Clone Wars, no Fringe, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Nuke the Fridge.com is reporting Sam Witwer is voicing Darth Maul.

I reported last april from the Pittsburgh Comic Con that Sam was voicing a character in upcoming Clone Wars episodes.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1303172652,28554,

Thanks,
Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Nuke the Fridge.com is reporting Sam Witwer is voicing Darth Maul.

I reported last april from the Pittsburgh Comic Con that Sam was voicing a character in upcoming Clone Wars episodes.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1303172652,28554,

Thanks,
Jim

Frankly, I think that news sucks.

Peter Serafinowicz originally voiced Darth Maul for TPM.  And he's developed a pretty solid rep as a comedic actor in both the UK and the US since then.  His twitter feed alone is HILARIOUS!  I'm very disappointed that he didn't get the gig.

Feedback