Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107240 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 7, 2011, 04:15 PM »
As far as killing Rex goes, I like the guy. But I think losing his closest friend on the battlefield (besides Obi-Wan) with Anakin gone would be a shock as far as attachments go. He'll start to see the flaws in the Jedi's methods more. Plus, Anakin needs some time to build up his camaraderie with Appo so they can set the Jedi temple ablaze in Sith.

But this is a great episode because, as someone already mentioned, it's putting the pieces together as to why the clones easily turn on the Jedi and yet they'll follow Anakin.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 7, 2011, 05:41 PM »
We're definitely seeing the hardening of the Clones as they were mopping up some of the Umbarans.  The way they were very cavalier about shooting the damaged caterpiller tanks, and then the wounded Umbaran absolutely illustrated that.

There was also one shot of Krell surveying the battlefield, with yellow eyes and flames reflected in them.  It made me wonder if he's somehow been turned to the Dark Side.

I also liked the slight bit of foreshadowing, as Krell was talking to "Sergeant" Appo.  And the reserve troops that were hanging back with him seemed to have unit markings that were much more like the 501st from ROTS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: November 7, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I managed to watch this episode over the weekend...  pretty great, and in general more about what this show should be about I think.  War is hell, and all that jazz.

I am anxious to see this arc closed and what it could ultimately throw our way.  It kind of left you feeling like Rex is as on the table for a death as any other character.  I'm curious what's going on with Kenobi and his men.  Some house-to-house seems interesting.

Also agree on the AT-RT's...  How do you not send them in with support?  Would've been more believable (and easily squeezed into the plot) to have at least a few AT-TE's or some kind of armor support.

AT-RT's are, at best, a walking machine gun...  they give you a little height advantage too, but really they're nothng more than like driving a jeep around at the front...  not always a smart idea.  The Clones needed some AT-PT's or AT-TE's these last couple episodes.  Or a walker that actually   is the predecessor of the AT-ST (like the AT-XT).  I refuse to look at the AT-RT as that since it's small, unarmored, and barely armed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Nice nods to ANH tonight... Hanger Bay 94... What's you CT number...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:18 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Dang, Hardcase...you didn't even live to see your figure hit the pegs. Then again, I may not either the way distribution is going lately.  :D

Another good episode, wish we could have seen a bit more of the missiles and what kind of damage they were inflicting though. Some cutaways to whatever's going on with Obi-Wan would be nice too.

Krell is like, the worst Jedi ever. Who the hell was his master anyway?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Krell is the worst Jedi - how gentle a nudge would it be for him to be a Sith? - but hands down this is the best CW we've seen.  It will go down in the Top 5 of the show all time.  If the show goes back on the kiddie or political gumminess, it will fail itself.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2011, 10:45 PM »
So will Rex leave the service to protect/aid fives and Jesse from being executed? This could be a great opportunity to work that in to the overall story, although it is hard to believe with all the promotional cash spent on Rex that they would write him out before the last season. Although if he became a leader of clone deserters that would be interesting. They already know a small farm that would take in a few clone brothers. I'll be shocked if Krell is not killed by next week, but who is going with him?
   Part of what makes this arc so great is we don't know the fate of most of the characters...that has been missing in star wars since rotj.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Yeah, this show does give the feeling of uncertain fates for characters, much like BSG. I'm sure the court-martial will be a part of next week's episode with Krell beign judge, jury and executioner (if he doesn't get stopped before then).

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2011, 06:22 PM »
This Krell arc one of the greatest of the show.  Maybe Krell going to the dark side isn't too off.  I mean sometimes in War can change your ways, and also if the Clones of the 501st will lose their respect for the Jedi.

I wonder if this would have happen to Vadarr if he would have live and still fighting. 

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2011, 03:08 PM »

That is after all, one of the more significant hanging plot points of ROTS.  Why would Clone Troopers eliminate every Jedi in their proximity, but not Anakin Skywalker?  How would the troops of the 501st be privy to Anakin's switch in allegiance?

I think Anakin is going to return to Krell attacking the clones and kill Krell in anger. That would be an EPIC fight. After that the clones would follow Anakin into Hell.

With regards to Darth Maul's Return: Star Wars "continuity" is just completely out the window. There just isn't any purpose to caring about it anymore. At this point I don't care who they resurrect as long as it results in a good story. No more alice in wonderland/ wizard of oz. No more cutesy crap. No more senate hearings. No more mediocre Star Wars. However we have to get there, let's see some good stories and some a$$ kicking.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:20 PM by Lestat »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Why was Anakin even called back to Coruscant?  Was that ever explained?  I'm not sure he would kill Krell - would be cool though.  He seemed to have a problem doing that with Dooku at first, but who knows...

How much longer does this show go on for?  Seems we're getting closer to events from ROTS.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Anakin was called back at Palpatines request. I can't see Anakin killing a Jedi, even so save two of his troopers. It is much more likely that the clones stand aside while seppies gun down Krell. As far as Order 66, I think it comes down to an order from Palatine (off screen) that Anakin is on the right side and is no longer a Jedi.
    I can't wait to see how this all sorts out Friday.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22 PM »
episode 8 season4: the centipede tanks were an innovative device for the show

the landscape looks more like Felucia, but plants and trees have artificial lights?

Krell is a disgusting guy, so arrogant he can´t recognise merit in his soldiers.

For me Krell must be killed by Rex and his troops, and the council or senate must absolbe them.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42 PM »
I can't see Anakin or the clones taking Krell out. That would take too much from the impact of Sith when Order 66 hits. Of course, I'm not a fan of the clones having their own personality, but I understand it makes it easier to know who is who in the story and humanizes them. But Krell could have a point that they are a bad batch of clones since not one of them is 'docile' as Lama Su or Tan We pointed out to Obi-Wan in Clones.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Jay point out flames foretelling Krell's demise. You know, I could see the Umbarans attacking and Krell stuck in a ship or place and the clones just leave him instead of saving him.

Or, maybe he is a double-agent working for Dooku (another apprentice though?). It might explain why he's throwing clones into the fray without worry about the casualty rates. Of course, if that's the case, too, wouldn't old Palpy sit down with General Krell and tell him he finds his lack of strategy disturbing and that it costs the Republic lots of credits to make clones, train them, etc. that they aren't to be used as cannon fodder.