Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107231 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 3, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Jesse James once shot a man for snoring too loud. At least according to the Time Life books TV commercial burned into my brain from childhood. LOL.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 3, 2012, 10:31 PM »
That's our Jesse!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 3, 2012, 11:47 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 3, 2012, 11:38 PM »
That episode was fun, I was on the edge of my seat wondering who was gonna survive. Stoked that plant guy made it through as I love the design. Hopefully he gets a figure some day.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 4, 2012, 03:25 PM »
I feel bad for anyone who gave up on the series. This season, with the exception of the droids episode, has been very fun to watch. This episode and the death watch episode are right up there in my mind with landing at point rain and rookies. I won't comment on the figures of these bounty hunters....Hasbro knows what MUST be done.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #259 on: February 4, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I liked the KOTOR nod, although I'm not a fan of the Dooku/Cad Bane bromance.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 5, 2012, 01:12 PM »
CW episode 18 was a necesary stage to show Kenobi skills
Dooku is suspictious about his mercy, a sith is clarivident.
Good fight between Rako and The reptilian designer of the box.

At sometomes the ruthless of Cad Bane is exaggerated,
however he showed a "human side" by saving Rako?

Remembers epIV A New Hope, Docking bay 94
 this scene
Jabba setting 15 % charge
Han telling the Hutt: "Jabba, you´re a wonderful human being."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2012, 08:40 PM »
Color me underwhelmed by the conclusion.

Yeah, more homages and teases referencing the films set after this series.  Yay. Those hoping for more originality... :-\ (The prequels themselves had that problem, too, so...)

The holo disguise matrix....hmmm...didn't the inventor of those die last episode...or did he? (looks from stills that were was a cut scene last episode with that snaggletooth guy and Bane)

Those poor Naboo workers. Was the Chancellor's life worth theirs? Huh, Obi-Wan?

I was amused by Bane posing a Nemoidian (During preproduction for episode 1, Lucas declared them the same race before someone talked him out of it.)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23 PM »
Yeah, kind of ho hum ending, with so much left unsaid and unexplained, namely, what was the point of this whole thing if Palpatine is in on all of it? Or was he even? It's something I've been noticing on these long arcs, they kind of end abruptly with very little closure, the price I suppose of a 20 minute runtime. Episode arcs like this though really kind of make me wish this show would delve into the alternate universe realm, just to make it more interesting. Throw fans for a loop and kill off a major character who's supposed to survive till ROTS like Mace or something. It'd open up so many new story ideas and make the entire series more dire because all of a sudden we won't know how things are going to turn out.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Episode arcs like this though really kind of make me wish this show would delve into the alternate universe realm, just to make it more interesting. Throw fans for a loop and kill off a major character who's supposed to survive till ROTS like Mace or something. It'd open up so many new story ideas and make the entire series more dire because all of a sudden we won't know how things are going to turn out.

Lucas should've done that with ROTS...faked everyone out...then announced immediate plans to remake The Original Trilogy (since he was never happy with them). Think, if he had, we'd be past the ESB remake by now!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2012, 11:33 PM »
Agreed, it was a big let-down after last week's episode. The whole thing was just nonsensical to the point of distraction. They hatch this elaborate scheme, about 10 different things go awry, yet it all somehow still works perfectly and they only fail because Dooku leaves them hanging? What?

I guess it would be a nice mental shortcut to simply surmise "Well, the whole thing was just an elaborate hoax staged by Palps to test drive his future apprentice against the current one" but come on. He couldn't have thought of a simpler plan?

At least we got a whole episode set on Naboo with no Jar-Jar.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50 PM »
I agree that some info, gaps are missing in a 21 minutes episode
when this happens, abrupt ending, clichés could occur.

the blend of characters often compromise the ethos or personality of a major one,
as stated above Obi Wan couldn´t prevent the workers slaughter.

Some new characters are kinda  "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carrol
for example, the fungi, medusa bounty hunter, looks like the Republic is more
animalizated each following time, they have to put a limit between alien and beast.

And the most bizarre thing, Anakin failed to slash the fungi bounty hunter and the green female alien one, however she was pushed away by the blade of his lightsaber.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Color me shocked when Anakin cuts Twazzi's arm off. We've never seen it rain limbs anywhere in this series (unless you count the Battle Droids), undoubtedly because it's a kid's show.

I'm getting tired of these Anakin vs. Dooku weekly duels. I'm beginning to suspect they're even getting tired of each other.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count."
"When was the last time, Geonosis, Tatooine, or Naboo?"

I will say I enjoyed this duel, though - instead of Dooku whoopin' Anakin's ass like usual, we see Anakin actually try to strangle the poor old man. With his bare hands. :o

Bring on Maul!! 4-part season finale is next.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19 AM »
I liked the episode overall as a further set up to Anakin feeling betrayed and lied to...  They don't trust him, and Palps makes sure he has that seed of not trusting them too...  He's questioning everything, and everyone, including Obi-Wan, in his mental struggle with who he is and what's going on around him.

I like all that stuff.  I can't say I was disappointed at all, especially in a kid's show.

Then there's the whole thing with the Bounty Hunters...  I thought it was nice seeing them not just hand the Jedi their ass as usual.  They were there mostly as fluff for kids/adults to drool over.  I liked how it turned out.

Interesting to see how "Landspeeders" have ultimately become airspeeders over the course of EU as well...  Funny how back when SW was first out, Landspeeders couldn't fly but that short bit off the ground, while airspeeders were like the Snowspeeder...  Now, all that stuff can zip up high if it wants to. 

Maybe they burn more fuel at the higher altitudes and some are better at that than others?  Just something I've been thinking about lately, and since AOTC/ROTS really when their speeders seemed to "fly" a lot too, and not use the ground too much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2012, 07:57 AM »
Color me shocked when Anakin cuts Twazzi's arm off. We've never seen it rain limbs anywhere in this series (unless you count the Battle Droids), undoubtedly because it's a kid's show.

Dang, I missed that...will have to go back and watch again. It's hard to follow all the action on this show when I watch the non-HD version. Good catch.

Did Derrown die? Or did he just "explode offscreen" ala Aurra Sing?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Did Derrown die? Or did he just "explode offscreen" ala Aurra Sing?

His fate is left unknown - but being that he's a bounty hunter, and a cool one at that, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in a future episode. Heck, if Darth Maul can survive getting cut in half, then I'm sure this guy can find something to hold onto instead of falling to his death.

Seems anything's completely possible in the Star Wars galaxy now.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"