Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107189 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2012, 02:53 AM »
I heard Windu's coming back in the SW live action series because he was wearing a flying squirrel suit and just glided away to a lower level of Coruscant where he becomes a fallen Jedi and stuff.

At this point, yeah, it could happen unfortunately.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2012, 07:43 PM »
The way Ventress saves not only herself but two nightsisters from falling, it's not impossible.

Also in AOTC, Anakin literally jumping out of a speeder how many stories up?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2012, 09:08 AM »
New episode tonight?

Haven't seen any previews around the web yet...would not mind having a week off.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2012, 09:14 AM »
New episode tonight?

Haven't seen any previews around the web yet...would not mind having a week off.

My cable guide shows "Generator Rex" is on in the time slot.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45 AM »
I hear Generator Rex is supposed to be a fantastic episode! 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2012, 12:58 PM »
We gotta wait until next week for what I think is part 1 of another 4 part saga. Making this season composed of just 8 or 9 stories when its done.  (9 if you consider the two R2-D2 & C-3PO episodes as seperate, if related, adventures)

Some behind the scene video with Sam Witwer recording as Darth Maul.  WARNING: It  might spoil the episode(s) a little if you watch it though. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:54 PM by scockery »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2012, 07:08 PM »
We gotta wait until next week for what I think is part 1 of another 4 part saga. Making this season composed of just 8 or 9 stories when its done.  (9 if you consider the two R2-D2 & C-3PO episodes as seperate, if related, adventures)

Some behind the scene video with Sam Witwer recording as Darth Maul.  WARNING: It  might spoil the episode(s) a little if you watch it though. 

Still kind of pissed that they didn't get Peter Serafinowicz to reprise the voice role as Darth Maul.  His Twitter feed alone is laugh-out-loud funny.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Maybe that's why he bad mouthed the movie recently.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18 AM »

I'm actually surprised by how well Witwer's performance is, I initially rolled my eyes when I heard he was going to voice Maul. The direction they're going with for Maul's character makes sense in light of everything he's been through for the last decade or so.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28 PM »
Witwer seemed a little crazy in that BTS video.  He seems really into just how mentally and physically broken Darth Maul seems to be.  Still, it was very cool to see him in the voice over studio working with Clancy Brown.  And the incorporation of the Sith Code?  That's some serious EU canon to throw into the mix.

Seeing that video though, I don't know if Serafinowicz would have taken it as seriously.  He's an incredibly funny guy, and his voiceover work for TPM was great.  But he wound up delivering all of what, 3 lines of dialogue in Episode I.  It didn't seem like as much of an acting job as much as it was a few punches of ADR.  I think he wound up having more dialogue in one of the Episode I trailers than he had in the entire film.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2012, 06:09 PM »
I had to do a Google search to figure out who you guys were talking about...I always assumed Ray Parks did his own voicework.

Turns out it's the dude who was the roommate in Shaun of the Dead. He has one of my favorite lines from the whole movie "Sort your life out, mate!"

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Preview for MASSACRE is up at the official site.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I had to do a Google search to figure out who you guys were talking about...I always assumed Ray Parks did his own voicework.

Turns out it's the dude who was the roommate in Shaun of the Dead. He has one of my favorite lines from the whole movie "Sort your life out, mate!"

He also played "Sctanley", spelled with a C in Couples Retreat and Darth Chef on South Park.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:59 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2012, 01:23 PM »
The preview did not give us much for this week, but how dark would it be if Dooku wipes out the entire witch clan? It will be interesting to see how they bring this together, it needs to blow my mind because I think Greedo shooting first is less of a bother to me than bringing Maul back from the dead.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Darth Maul's return in Clone Wars is going to be a significant storyline, no doubt.  Some of the art that's been going around has prominently featured Anakin dueling with Savage Opress.  This has left me wondering if there's going to be a rematch between Maul and Obi-Wan.  Especially considering some of the dialogue from the bts video.  But a duel between Maul and Anakin would have some really interesting implications, too.  Hmmm....

Feedback