Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 107202 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Darth Maul Footage

This new stuff has me a little more positive on this arc and what it brings.  I really don't care for Assaj and thought the whole Savage arc last year was way overblown.  That said, this looks a lot better than either that or the Tarkin or Chewbacca arcs from last year.

Who are they bringing back for Season 5?  Han Solo and Baby Boba Fett?  Yoda's parents?  Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-LOM?  99?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Does that mean Hasbro re-releases the visionaries version of Darth Maul on regular card?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Are those Jawas Savage is fighting? :o

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2012, 06:07 PM »
This seems like some kind of Dark Side battle royal:  Dooku VS the Night Sisters VS Maul & Savage....

And throw in Darth Maul seeking revenge against Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Hmmm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11 AM »
I thought the preview looked pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to it.  I think this season has been pretty good overall - maybe nothing amazing, but a big improvement on last year I thought.

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Episode 20 : Bounty Preview

BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZqR8GuYuII&feature=youtu.be

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14 PM »
That looks like it'll be cool just with who's in it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Wow. 

That was by far the best episode of the season.  Maybe top 10 all time.  Hasbro can make 20 figures a year, I don't care, so long as some of them are Mother Talzin, a Night Sister, a zombie Night Sister, and Night Sister Asajj.  So lots of Night Sisters.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Just...HOLY ****!

I think that my have been my all-time favorite episode. Seriously.

No Anakin, no Obi-Wan, no Ahsoka, no Padme, no Clones, Senators, no need. Just pure freaking awesomeness from start to finish. I swear to God, that was better than like 95% of the entire PT stuff.

It just worked on so many levels, to actually be able to produce such a compelling, emotionally intense experience through an animated medium is simply awesome. I mean, for the first time ever, I actually felt a real sense of dread and danger from a droid assault. 99% of the time those guys just come off like such clowns it's hard to really imagine them as a credible enemy. But the whole element of overwhelming force and technology and sheer brute force was really on display, which I guess is their real strength.

They actually got you to feel something for a previously loathsome character like Ventress, they've really added depth to her in a way I never could have predicted.

The whole atmosphere was just great, I love the Dathomiri landscape, the undead army was freaking cool as hell, even if a little Return of the Kingy, Asajj whooping Greivous' ass, Dooku getting worked over like a rented mule...everything just seemed more intense in this episode.

Five stars, baby. Can't wait for the last three episodes.

And I officially will never be completely happy again until we have Nightsisters in animated figure form.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52 PM »
It was great to see Grievous and the battle droids as lethal bad asses in this episode... unfortunately it makes their cowardice and ineptitude in the past 3.5 seasons more painful to watch.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00 PM »
The zombies threw me for a loop. Was not expecting that. Oh, so the dark side can make undead? Those witches are making Palpatine seem like padawan.

I like how the moment he starts to lose, Grievous cheats. So true to character, he's such  a chicken *censored*.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2012, 01:02 AM »
Holy. Freakin'. Damn.

I've always hated the theory of zombies running around in other sci-fi/fantasy stories, but boy, is it appropriate here, on Dathomir. Star Wars rocks zombies, big time.

I've always loved the character of Asajj Ventress and I really haven't liked how this series has portrayed her, but damn, you just feel for here. She's been betrayed by Dooku. Her life is ruined, so she goes home to live with her "family" - and even that is ruined for her when Talzin abandons her. I especially loved that last scene, where Asajj tries reaching for Talzin, who just disappears. And you feel for her because the Dathomir landscape is just so hopeless, there's nothing out there for her.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:03 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I loved that they brought back the Defoliator. If they can keep up this pace for three more episodes, consider season 4 by far the best.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Was Talzin dead/dying or did she turn to gas and survive completely. I wasn't sure.

Next week, back to bounty hunters and boy, does the Republic have a revolving door prison system.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2012, 08:52 PM »
I thought the episode was dismal...  I found the zombies to be a cheap way to explain how the seemingly limited # of nightsisters could fight an entire army.  I thought the end was insanely anti-climactic, and I thought the concept of super enemies challenging the Sith was kind of lame unto itself.  And where are all the Zabrak guys they use?  Why weren't they there helping in that fight?

And why not just continually use the defoliators till you just wipe out everything?

I see I'm in the minority here but this was one of my least liked episodes this season, short of politically focused ones anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77