Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Commander Cody  (Read 2046 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Sideshow 12" Commander Cody
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:09 PM »
I don't usually wander by this part of the boards, but I was somewhat surprised to see no thread existed for the 12" Cody.  Oh well, guess I'll be the first in line (until someone points out that I overlooked a preexisting thread).

Cody was my first foray into Sideshow 12" figures, and I'm beyond impressed, despite my initial trepidation with the high (for me) price tag.  Although my experience with 12"/Sixth Scale toys and collectibles is minimal, I can't recall ever seeing a "toy" with this much attention to detail.  Maybe it's just because I'm comparing it to the Kenner/Hasbro 12" SW and Joe stuff, but the amount of accessories and overall quality of this figure is just incredible. 

I did, of course, have an accident with Cody right out of the box when I tried to assemble the Phase II/ROTS helmet's antennae.  I pushed the right antenna into the slot just a bit too hard and it broke off clean at the tab.  While I was able to fix this with Super Glue, I'll never be able to return the helmet to the box (although given how cool he looks, I think this one will be displayed from here on out and won't need to go back in there until I have to move apartments/homes), so just a warning to everyone out there that the antennae are pretty fragile and can break easily.

The "horrible" part about this is that I can see myself buying more of these in the future.  I'd already ordered Bly, and with the rumored Grievous, I can see my discretionary spending going toward more stuff like this and less toward the endless Hasbro Clone repaints and minor sculpt revisions.

So yeah, long story (and seeming Sideshow sales pitch) short, this was my first 12" Sideshow purchase, and it probably won't be my last.  And, like I said, Cody is awesome. :)

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Commander Cody
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2011, 12:40 AM »
I also think sideshow did an awesome job with Cody.  I also had alittle difficulty getting in the right antennae piece.  He is one of my favorite ss pieces.  Due to the high prices, Im a selective buyer.  Even though I do have around 20 of them.  If you like the clone commanders sideshow also made Rex not too long ago.  I also ordered Bly and am hoping they make commander Gree and Bacara.