Author Topic: TRU Vintage Collection Y-Wing  (Read 29198 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
TRU Vintage Collection Y-Wing
« on: May 6, 2011, 02:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I noticed an article on the front page of RS about a new Y-Wing for the Vintage collection. Unfortunately, the pics show that same underscaled version we've gotten in the past.

For the people who have the Clone Wars Y-wing, is the scale the same, or was that a larger ship? I'd love to see a correctly scaled (or at least closer to correct scaled) Y-Wing before the modern line ends.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2011, 03:37 PM by Jeff »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Vintage Collection Y-Wing
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I noticed an article on the front page of RS about a new Y-Wing for the Vintage collection. Unfortunately, the pics show that same underscaled version we've gotten in the past.

For the people who have the Clone Wars Y-wing, is the scale the same, or was that a larger ship? I'd love to see a correctly scaled (or at least closer to correct scaled) Y-Wing before the modern line ends.

Those photos are representational and the box mockup (which Toy Palace ripped off) was done by a customizer. There is a new Y-wing in the works.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2011, 02:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2011, 05:42 PM »
In past Q&A's, Hasbro also said they were going to do another Y-Wing but that it wasn't going to be all-new, just retooled...  That's been a while however.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2011, 06:16 PM »
That is the lame old oversized Xwing Pilot isn't it?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2011, 06:49 PM »
I'd prefer an X-Wing. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2011, 06:33 PM »
If there's a new pilot, I'll buy it. I'm a sucker that way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I for one would LOVE to see Hasbro offer this re-vamped Y-Wing in the same fashion as the Target exclusive Snowspeeder in vintage style packaging.  Revisiting this package with the new version of the Y-Wing and the modern renditions of these figures would be AWESOME!

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2011, 09:10 AM »
Complete with Admiral Ackbar in the cockpit? ;)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2011, 10:56 AM »
If it's true I actually do not mind this not being a 100% new tool as it would render the 3 I have obsolete. I spent time and money upgrading my older version with the neer canons and windows from the TAC version. I really like my current fleet especially the OTC version. If this was 100% new I would want the Holiday Special double cockpit version.

Having a working droid socket and an upgraded cockpit with detailed controls is welcome. I hope I can buy extras of it to further upgrade my older ones further. Keep on bringing more OT products, I am really bored of prequel era stuff!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2011, 11:52 AM »
Complete with Admiral Ackbar in the cockpit? ;)

Absolutely keep Ackbar on the packaging.  I think if there's a new pilot, then stick him in the cockpit - that's one detail they could change.  But I'd love to see the rest of that original character lineup on the package.  You could probably substitute General Lando for the TESB Lando, too.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2011, 11:54 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2011, 03:46 PM »
That's actually one of my favorite things about the (true) vintage packaging...the weird combinations of characters. It reminds me of the old ads you'd see in places like the Sears catalog, that would have ridiculous combinations of characters...ahh, nostalgia!

I would be psyched to get an updated, larger scale Y-wing, but I see your point JACKOFTRADZE. Maybe it will be similar to what Hasbro does with the TIE fighter, putting out small and large wing versions.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2011, 04:03 PM »
I'd be happy if it just had working landing gear...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2011, 09:58 PM »
I'd love to have an OT Y-Wing in my collection, but Hasbro would need to do it right for me to buy it.  Fingers crossed on this one...
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2011, 11:10 PM »
The CW Y-WIng is actually the proper scale for an OT Y-Wing (might have to factor in the guns as part of the length though, not sure).  That makes it completely plausible they could do a "BMF" Y-Wing obviously, and do it perfectly sized...  That'd be neat to me. 

However, it's probably not likely to happen this time around since all indications have been from Hasbro that they weren't going to do a new OT Y-Wing, just modify the sculpt they already had.  That was an old Q&A though now I think, so maybe things changed?  I just doubt it though.

Are the "rumors" laying claim to it just being a reworking of the original sculpt?  If that's the case, isn't that just pulled from the Q&A's then, since the ship turned up in European TRU computers, and not "rumor"? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 08:41 PM »
The Y-Wing needs the BMF treatment for anyone to be that interested in buying it.  That is the only way I would buy it and am sure others feel the same way.  Make it the same size as the CW version and I'd be all into it.